Get Timers Now!
X

May 20 - 12:23:38
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
Detroit's Grain Alcohol Distillery Started by: Lawrence on Oct 03, '13 18:13

Somewhere in a back alley in the middle of Black Bottom District… there is a place where the air smells very strong it might tickle in your nose a little bit, the steam that enters the back alley through a gap in the wall in which a pipeline protrudes.
If you walk into the alley you see wooden industry crates on side some are broken or open.
it’s getting dirty and dark when you come further.. the smell increases and becomes stronger the further you walk in.. Suddenly you a hear a squeaky noise while you try to put your right foot on the ground… there is broken glass all over the place!
You can't walk further because you just bumped in a wall of wooden crates which seem to be liquor crates or crates used to transport Alcoholic liquids..
Damn prohibition you think!

After looking around while blocked by the wooden crates.. you see a little light in a side alley on the left and under the light there is a Wise Guy looking figure standing in front of a steel factory door with a slide valve in the door.. the guy seems pretty confident and smokes a cigar. You can smell the odor of a quality cigar

Hey! What are you doing here?? The Wise Guy says he did not recognize you and apologizes: O sorry, i didn’t knew it was you! I did not except you at this our. It's kinda busy inside people are working their asses off.He opens the door while you slide a 20 dollar bill into the pocket of his sweaty white shirt. I’m glad you still remember me you say to Tony who is a known boxer from the local district crew. You give him a wink and a fake smile

How can I forget you!?  Tony Says to you as he smiles back… you smile back and move across the doorstep.

Once you are in.. you walk into a great factory hall, with on the left a storage place of full of wooden crates in the wooden crates are bottles of the finest Grain Alcohol of the country. The bottles are covered in straws so they contain protected while they are moved during transport across the city and the country.

People walking around with trolleys in the storage area who are working on almost 12 hour shifts to contain the demand of this so called liquid silver. They place the crates into trucks who are owned by the local crew for distribution. You continue to walk and stop in front of the iron gangway. This is a spectacle to see when you move your head to the right. A tall person in black trousers attached to his trousers his famous known braces in blue. while his braces are tight stretched around his firm upper body covered by a white shirt.

He is shouting orders to the working people who are bottling the grain alcohol. they are standing around a big platform with 30 people.
What a temper you think.. I'm glad i just only come by to see if there is still any business to be done, instead of working for this slave driver called Lawrence.

Shouting his name while you walk upon the iron gangway.. Lawrence turns his head around and sees you walking on the gangway.
He quickly gives a paper to one of his men and says: OK finish this tonight we have 12 shipments to distribute tonight!
Don't forget to fix that boiler Sal! he says to another worker of his.

Climb down please use the ladder there on the right of gangway he says. You start to turn around and place your right foot on the first bar of the ladder. it’s kind of slippery.. but you manage.

Don't tell me you are too scared to climb down the ladder are you? I'm glad you made it! So what can i do for you? Lawrence says while he puts a cigarette in his mouth and uses his zippo to light the cigarette...

Report Post Tip

Demonstrate begins laughing,

"Afraid of a ladder? I'm shocked your little rag tag operation can afford to use a ladder rather just a piece of rope. I need a case of your finest alcohol, preferably imported so I know it was made properly, but if you don't have any I'll just have to take what you have. I fully tapped my personal stash celebrating and I'm looking to restock."

Report Post Tip

Lawrence Frowns ..what a smart ass...

"Nice to see you too again Demonstrate! You should be happy my little rag tag is operation is working over hours, so you can stack yourself again with our finest brew!"

Lawrence walks towards Demonstrate who has a hard time taking the last step of the ladder. this guy serious should buy a new pair of shoes. with the money he makes he could afford it easily. maybe he is just greedy or spends too much money on gambling Lawrence wonders while shaking the hand of Demonstrate firm.

"Well business is good and i just only have a couple of the finest crates left for Godfather Allucard. How many are you looking for to keep your business going? I hope you have some hands with you for the transport? It's kinda off busy right now but nevertheless i am willing to help a friend out!"

Lawrence starts pointing at the red crates in the storage area.

Report Post Tip

Leon managed to surpass the ladder and making it to the botton, after reaching it Leon clean his suit with his hands and takes his hat off

Well, i will not lie my friend, this isn't the worst place to buy alcohol but it's not the finest place either. But since we are good friends i will buy everything i need from you from now on. I will need two boxes of whisky, three boxes of wine, two boxes of brandy and 6 kegs of beer. I will soon open my new business and i guess i will need some liquor. Congratulations on your new business my friend!

Leon grabs a cigar and lights it

Perhaps we can work together, let's say that my business will require a lot of liquor and that your business need a loyal customer. I can pass by every thursday to buy what i need. And being my main dealer will grant you VIP acess to my place. So it's a deal?

Leon stands his hands while he smiles to Lawrence...

Report Post Tip

Lawrence was still talking with Demonstrate while something jumps of the ladder halfway. They both heard a sound someone big fell on the ground.. then it started talking as well...  Lawrence turned around it was Leon with his massive posture. totally bathed in sweat..

"He Leon! Thanks man it's going quiet nice so far so good as i may say myself. Demonstrate would you like to check the booze in the red crates? You can test the quality if you like. Lawrence points again towards the red crates placed in the storage. Please let me know how much you need again OK?, I'm gonna try if i can help Leon out with his needs"

"Well, that's a nice list you got there Leon. I'm not a wholesaler" Lawrence laughs while taking another draft from his almost finished cigarette and blows his smoke towards Leon. " You know our specialty is Grain Alcohol" Lawrence winks and one of his workers joins the two men. "Write down the next order for Mr. Leon and see that you get all of it!" Come back to my office if you have picked the order."

• 2 boxes of our best Irish or Scotch Whisky
  • 3 boxes of Red Italian wine
  • 2 boxes of our finest brandy

"We don't have beer Leon, its not our market and less profitable. I'm sorry my friend. So about the other thing lets walk to my office down further. You want to try a sample of our finest brew? You said something about a Loyal customer"

Lawrence and Leon walk towards the office of Lawrence which is placed in diverse direction of the bottling table.

Report Post Tip

As they both walked towards Lawrence's office Leon grabbed a small note book and a pencil, inside the office Leon sits on a chair right in front a big massive table

''So, no beer? That's not a problem my friend, maybe i can get it in another place and yes, i can be a loyal customer as well some friends of mine who run bars, strip clubs and other things that require a bit of alcohol. I can your brew only and even advertise it to my customers, however, theres a price for it. Maybe a little discount? Well thats my offer.

Leon finish writing on his note book and hand the torned paper to Lawrence...

''About the sample, you know im up to all kind of drinking bud.''

Leons laughs

''I want also talk about my business openning party, as you noticed i will need lots of alcohol and maybe it can be not sufficient. Maybe you can cover the event with your guys? Of course the payment is good and your safety is granted, i will have dozens of guys working on it and also the local police chief might become one of the loyal customers... Of course its your word.''

Leon put his hats on and smiles...

''So, wheres that sample you talked about?''

Report Post Tip

Lawrence sitting behind his massive desk which has a lot of files piled up. Looks at Leon. Who grabbed his little note book which has a leather jacket. Lawrence leans backwards in his old colonial style seat. Watching Leon shivers while he is writing something down.

"Well, sounds good Leon. The only thing is that i don't want that people to know the Alcohol is coming from me. Most people in the thing of ours know already, i don't want civilians to know about my business. Unless you mean by advertise that you and your friends only buy from me from now on?. So can you vouch for those friends of yours? I only do business with trustworthy people. Not saying you are not don't me wrong here! But I don't know your friends and i don't need to know them if you take care. I  just do business with you!"

Lawrence stands up and leans over his massive desk, reaches for the paper Leon is handing to him.

"OK, so these are the numbers we are talking about?" Lawrence reads the list out loud. The list contains the following numbers:

Leon Liquor List:

• 10 Crates of the finest distilled Grain Alcohol
  • 4 Crates of Irish Whisky
  • 2 Crates of Scotch Whisky
  • 3 Crates of blended Whiskey
  • 2 Cases of Sambuca Italian imported
  • 12 Crates of Red and White wine.
  • 1 Case of brandy for private use Leon

Pick ups at Thursday 11:00 AM.

"Well.. Leon i think i can handle this, if you keep purchasing these numbers every week. ill give you a 15% discount on the whole load. and the case of brandy for your private use is free of charge. Lawrence lifts his nose before he said the next: "But! Your guys need to pick up the goods here at the Warehouse using your own truck, your load will be waiting at Dock 9 at 11 AM everything will be there, i guarantee that. If we need to deliver the loads using my guys and one of our trucks i will give you 10% discount."

Lawrence waits for the reaction of Leon to his business proposal... while he is sitting back and opens the drawer of his massive desk to reach out for a bottle of his sample. he places two glasses on the desk.

"Good to hear you are doing a openingsparty for your new business. So in what business are you going?" While Lawrence opens the bottle of the sample and fills the 2 shot glasses"

"So, just to be sure is the list for your opening party or for the regular business you are going to do with your friends?" How would you like me to help you out on the party?"

Lawrence walks away to the front of his massive desk and reaches out to give Leon the sample.

"My father always told me never drink before the deal is closed, but i quit using that family tradition"

Report Post Tip

Leon heard Lawrence and agreed with everything.

''Yeah, these friends of mine are all inside our world, i have politicians, judges and other mobsters. I trust then all but of course i would never expose a friends name, they wont know that you are producing the brew, they will buy the goods from me. That said, i belive i should expand my weekly buy. All profit will go to you of course, and even if they fuck up i gwarantee your payment and yes, thats what i need for my oppening party, i belive this quantity is too much for regular weeks but with whis new idea it might become my regular buy.''

Leon lights another cigar while still talking with Lawrence.

''About the discount, 15% is good. I agree with it and i also agree with the shipment thing, its okay for me to pick it up my self. I have a truck and a few thugs to the dirty for me. My business will be something about a oil wrestling bar, of course only girls will fight, you can also your self, i see no problem having another girl to fight...''

Both Leon and Lawrence started to laugh.

''Well dont see why not to make a deal with you bud, i guess this is it. By the way, this is fine brew or whisky? Hahaha.''

Report Post Tip

After tasting a few of the different drinks, Demonstrate takes his pocket knife out and starts scraping the soot and dirt commonly found in run down buildings off the bottom of his shoes.

"I'm looking for one case of your finest imported whiskey, one case of your finest imported bourbon, and two low priced bottles of wine. I don't usually bring the wine drinking girls back, but it never hurts to have a bottle or two."

Demonstrate turns to the door,

"I brought the car and I doubt I'd need more for two cases and a couple of bottles."

Demonstrate turns to one of the men who appears to be on break and tucks a $10 bill into his front pocket,

"Carry a case and a bottle to the car while I get the rest and there'll be another ten in it for you."

Demonstrate turns back to Lawrence,

"Glad to hear business is going well, just make sure you don't accidentally kill anybody in these working conditions. I'd hate to have to speak with someone's wife and kids over an actual accident."

Waiting for a price, Demonstrate goes back to scraping the gunk off his shoes with his pocket knife.

Report Post Tip

Lawrence raises his arm and lifts his glass in the direction of Leon. Then moves his glass right in front of his mouth and under his nose. He takes a sniff.. the strong smell of his brew always makes him feel so alive. His own product, years of hard work in the bootlegging and now having his own distillery and distribution network! Life couldn't be better!

"Well Leon, agreed 15% off for your opening party and i will send some guys over at yours to help you out getting the goods over there. So don't worry about using your own people for this time. I will take care of his one! Please let me know when you have the party planned and let's say, come over here the next time when you know the exact numbers which you want to buy for the thing you got going on"

"OK! So lets drink Salute"

Lawrence hits the full shot glass in one nip. the brew burns in his throat down to his stomach. then the burning feeling ends when the whole brew has moved down his esophagus
One of the workers of Lawrence knocked twice on the door and then enters the office room. were Lawrence and Leon still had a conversation about Leon's new business plan.

"Excuse me boss!, the list of Mr Leon is picked and ready to ship at Dock 9, should we load it in one of our trucks or has Mr. Leon his own transport?" the workers says

"Good work, please load it in one of our trucks, Mr Leon here will give you the address were he wants it delivered. Was nice doing business with you Leon, but i have to go to another friend of ours, Demonstrate." Looking through his office window he sees Demonstrate scraping his shoes with his boyscout knife. "Please, show Mr Leon around, Carl. Make sure his goods are delivered in good quality"

Lawrence quickly shakes the hand of Leon and walks through the door towards Demonstrate who is standing next to his car what you hardly could call a car but.. OK he has one. One of Lawrence workers was lifting the goods in the car of Demonstrate.

"I'm glad myself my friend. Good you could make it here. About the people here... They get well payed here to work hard. they make in a week what a normal construction worker gets in a month!" Lawrence grabs his watch out his pockets and looks at it. "I know where to find you if something might happen in the near future.. You are in the business of making people disappear right?. Nah just kidding i treat my personnel well. You have time for a tour around this place? I'm having a break so its a good moment to show you around here"

Lawrence makes a hand gesture to one of his workers at the bottling table.

Report Post Tip

Leon also noticed Demonstrate scraping his shoes and decided to greet him. Turning around to Lawrence, Leon take his hats off and looks at Lawrence's eyes

''It was a honor to do business with you. Thank you for helping me with your boys, some extra hands are allways good. Im thinking to open my business this week if possible, i will keep you informed and dont forget, you are a VIP customer now, so, dont be lazy and visit me from times to times. Thank you bud.''

Leon salutes and take the shot of Lawrence's finnest brew. It was strong but tastier, when Leon finished they both shaked hands and Leon started to follow Lawrence's worker around the compound. There were lots of crates all over the place and a dozen of workers boxing and unboxing the goods. Leon asked where the bathroom was located and walked towards it. Once he got inside the bathroom he started to hear two men outside the compound talking about taking over the place. Leon quickly zipped his trousers and pulled his Luger and sneaked outside the building heading towards the conversation without being noticed.

The two men seemed nervous and only one of them was carrying a gun. Leon, noticing that they couldnt do damage to Lawrence's place, stood up and walked toward the car smiling...

Report Post Tip

Demonstrate sighs,

"I really should be heading back Lawrence, I have something to take care of but I'm sure I can stop by again in the near future."

Demonstrate gets in the car, tosses the man who helped him the remainder of his pay and drives off in a hurried manner.

Report Post Tip

Demonstrate comes drunkenly staggering back in after a hard week,

"I finishhed what ye gave me... I'll hav a bottle of whatever you can shpare."

Demonstrate then proceeds to lean against the wall and slowly drop to the floor. After making this scene he eventually passes out and starts drooling on Lawrence's floor.

Report Post Tip

He smiled as he walked in, the smell was like Drunkys house after one of his parties.  He knew Drunky liked a souvenir or two brought back for him, especially if he could drink it.

Looking down the Speakeasy's supply list he frowned, was always good to have extra suppliers.  

"With the G-Men constantly shutting down suppliers, or the rag tag operations falling through various street gang hands, i need more organised suppliers"

"I can tell from the smell grain alcohol is the speciality, but i need a range of products for the speak easy as our clients have a range of tastes"

Report Post Tip

Lawrence walking back and forth to get his last orders picked and shipped for today. we are a little behind schedule he knows.. But we are gonna manage this today. like Lawrence always keeps his promisses to his loyal customers. never short on new customers. they key thing is keep the quality of his distillery at the maximum.

Working on his shipmentlist the new shift of workers enter the warehouse. They stepped out of a truck. 20 fresh young workers. Glad they came in time he thinks.

Next to the the truck is a fancy Ford parked. Walking back in the ware house he suddenly sees a figure on the ground. Drunk and wasted.. Its Demonstrate. passes out! what a spectical.

Lawrence kicks Demonstrate gently in the side with his right foot. " Wake up man! Hey! Wake up!" Starting to shake Demonstrate..
Demonstrate keep mumbling: "I need more goods, give meeeeee. ttthe besttt you got Lawrence, Your stuff is top kwuality".

Lawrence calls for Georgie " Hey George! Can you help our friend here. he needs to get sober. Bring him to my office and patch him up a little. Some coffee and a little sandwich will work fine"

Lawrence turning back towards the entrance of the warehouse. BacktoShootPeeps is walking towards him.

"Sounds good we have quality stuff here, what can i do for you? Fancy a sample?"

Lawrence reaches out for his pockets to grab his pocket watch to check how long he needs to ship the last goods for today.

Report Post Tip

"I need a combination to titilate the taste buds. from your average drunkard to someone who comes to our caberet nights who expects a higher quality of product, do you think you can help out"

looking curious, he smiles

"it will be regular supplies, and i can send the trucks for pick ups, so you have no worries there"

Report Post Tip

Lawrence finishes checking the time. placing his pocket watch back in the pocket of his pants. looks up to BacktoShootPeeps and smiles back at him.

"I can assure you I have what you need. I have different kind of customers: Restaurants, nightclubs, bars and some people who distribute if further for own profit. Come inside so we can discuss what you are really intrested in. I'm a man of specifics Meanwhile i can show your around a little how we work over here and if you like one of my workers can get you some samples of what you like to try."

"OK! Nice you have your own teamsters. that will do. i can reserve a slot at one of our docks if we are actually getting to an agreement
Walk with me please" Lawrence laughs

Lawrence walks across the iron gangway and makes a handsign which invites BackToShootPeeps to come his way

Report Post Tip

Dexter approached Lawrence lit a quick cigar and began to speak.

"I'm hosting a party oh how I hate them but it's good to hide who I am so I can live a normal life I am going to need a little bit of liquor now I need a few bottles of scotch and whiskey this will help me get my guests drunk enough to not pay attention to me and mingle dance and do whatever with eachother god how I hate social interaction let me know when you have the product and I will come back and pay you when I can pick it up."

Dexter slid his business card into Lawrence suit pocket , took a puff of his cigar and exhaled.

"I need this stuff within the next few days my man don't be late."

Dexter then started to walk back to his car to get on with his daily business.

Report Post Tip

Leon arrived at the compond and noticed Dexter talking with Lawrence. After pulling out some empity boxes of the truck Leon walked toward the men slowly trying not to be discovered.

''BOOM MOTHERFUCKERS!!!'' Leon yelled so loud everyone in the compound was shocked ''I bet you two shat on your panties huh!? Ok, no more jokes. How are you Dexter? And Lawrence i'm here to get some more alcohol, people at my bar can't stop drinking haha! At least it's good for both of us huh? Tell me, do you still have that special brew you showed to me?''

Leon took his hat of started to rub his forehead.

''Dexter, i heard you just opened an blood lab, perhaps we can discuss something about my name being at the anonymous list huh? I'm sure we can get a awesome deal!''

Report Post Tip

Dexter smiled at and gave Leon a hug.

"I am doing well my friend and it seems this is going well for you guys seems like just yesterday this was just starting now you control half the damn importation of this coast!"

Dexter laughed a little while he lit a cigar

"Now about my lab , you have no worries about that my friend I know your style and that comes up with your AO on it will be tossed out the window I can't be turning in my own guys now can I !"

Dexter finished the last puff of cigar before tossing it to the ground

"Now how about those cases of alcohol I was needing."

Report Post Tip

Detroit Business District
Replying to: Detroit's Grain Alcohol Distillery
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL