Get Timers Now!
X

May 20 - 20:42:51
Page:  1 2 3 4 [ > - >>> ]
A Street Debate Challenge to Sticks1988 Started by: RourkeyRourke on Dec 15, '08 16:17
A goomba drives down the street honking his horn and quickly screeches to a halt. He hops out of his car, jumps on the hood, and begins yelling at the world:

Sticks1988, I am challenging you to a street debate. I will leave the choice of topic up to KingOfOnePercent, but I feel confident that I will verbally best you in any realm of conversation presented on these fair streets.

Do you, fair goomba, accept my challenge? Please notify me in here if you will do so and we will bring in KingOfOnePercent to moderate.
Report Post Tip
You see a man walk up to this man who calls himself a mafioso and grins

Why yes sir, I do challenge you, but I have one question.

Why must your friend choose the topic? Why not have the fair people of these streets choose and vote for it?
Report Post Tip
I tried to pick an intelligent person who would not be swayed by the whims of the populace, but I will leave the topic up to the desire of the people if you so wish.

DO WE HAVE A TOPIC, FAIR CITIZENS OF MAFIE?
Report Post Tip
The gauntlet has been thrown down. This particular gauntlet will later be snugly on my right hand as I gyrate my way around yer nan's boudoir, but more on that later.

The topic of my choice is sexually explicit pictures and behaviour from the fair wo(men) of our community. Is it acceptable, commendable, or should they all be forced into intercourse with the excuse that they brought it upon themselves with their lewd actions.

Logic and reason will not be tolerated. Excessive swearing is heartily encouraged, and jokes about family members will be awarded bonus points.
Report Post Tip
I only have two words for this.....

Yer nan
Report Post Tip
I have to agree with Sticks on this one, it's better for the people or our world to decide the topic instead of someone chosen by a debater.

I can't currently think of a topic to propose, due to my obsessive drinking...but I will be back, don't you worry about that.
Report Post Tip
SirSammyRourke, do you wish us to debate about nans? I would be happy to discuss nans if you are all interested.
Report Post Tip
Sammy has summed up the nature of this contest beautifully. Props to you Sir, I can only hope our two verbal jousters will follow your excellent lead.

Also, I am more important and respected than any of you cunties, so my choice of topic will stand.

Seconds out!
Report Post Tip
I am not sure if 'Yer Nan' is the right topic of choice for a debate :P
Report Post Tip
How about how the new rule implemented where you get witness statements from failed wacks. The debate can be how it will benefit and hurt this world of ours.
Report Post Tip
We may discuss the "Yer Nan Service" and the amount of pleasure it has not only brought mafiosos throughout the land but also nans all over the world!
Report Post Tip
How about how the new rule implemented where you get witness statements from failed wacks. The debate can be how it will benefit and hurt this world of ours.

Reply by: RandolfoRourke at Dec 15, '08 16:26

I can deal with that one.

How about your RourkeyRourke?
Report Post Tip
I was not aware of this rule, but I am happy to debate. Seeing as you are more experienced with this realm, I am more than happy to let you start and choose your position.
Report Post Tip
No, you shall debate about both that and nan's. at the same time
Report Post Tip
We demand a debate about nan's!
Report Post Tip
You see the man bring two soap boxes up the stand and places one near his opponent

First off I would like to thank you for this opportunity to have this challenge against you RourkeyRourke.

You see the man begin to take out sheets of paper with what looks like the pro's and con's of this topic and tighten up his tie and button the middle button on his suit jacket, he begins to speak

The pro's and con's of this topic can be broken down into groups like such;

Pro's

1. Say a random person from family A, shoots at a inactive person from family B and misses, someone can witness this and turn it in and not get away with a free shot and never be punished for it.

2. Say someone from a family shoot an under 48 hours person of these streets, he misses, then the under 48 hours person can go another day if he stays off line until the 48 hours is up. That implies that the person gets another free shot.

3. This isn't really a pro but, back in the days of mafia.org about 4 years ago when it was the game that resembles MafiaReturns.com a witness statement of the person trying to wack someone was also around, perhaps the admins are trying to make the game more like it was in the older days?

Con's

1. The only con I can think of for this is if you are the person trying to shoot someone illegally and miss and then get turned in, in no way can I see this new update hurting the people in this game in anyway except perhaps sparking up a war if the wrong person misses someone. In my opinion anyone who breaks the rules should be punished accordingly, I was also a member of these that have been punished due to breaking the rules as I am sure we all have at one point in time.

The man comes to a stop and waits for a response...
Report Post Tip
You can't choose the both the pros and cons in a debate! You ripped my entire argument from my cold, dead hands!
Report Post Tip
Well, you could fight my points against yours....

DOI!
Report Post Tip
Alright then, since you made more pros than cons, I will take the "cons" side of the debate.

I believe that this is a poor idea simply because.....

YER NAN.

I rest my debate thusly.
Report Post Tip
Game. Set. Match.

I believe Mr. Sticks is in the lead, but I'm not the judge, only making an observation.

Waits for the debate to continue...
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: A Street Debate Challenge to Sticks1988
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL