Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 20:57:30
Page:  1 
GAME CHANGE: Modified VIP Post Rankings V3.0 Started by: Squishy on Oct 14, '13 17:03

Post rankings now include a small portion of math included from the OOC forum.

Report Post Tip
Hate this enormously, but thanks for the heads up!
Report Post Tip

Why do you hate it?

What is there to hate about it?

I have always been of the opinion that a post is a post, and good quality ones should be rewarded...........

Report Post Tip
I just think the VIP posting should be strictly in game topics, in character.
Report Post Tip

There are a lot of in game topics that cant really be discussed in character, hence the OOC.  Some debates are better player to player rather than character to character.

Report Post Tip
Fair enough.
Report Post Tip

the VIP stuff counts from the business district too?

and as a business owner, if my business is active, and i have the VIP, do i get a little bonus, or only for my posts in my business?

just curious.

Report Post Tip
That'd be a nice question to have answered, I've always wondered that myself Philli.

Just a quick note - Do things inside of blockquotes count for points?? More and more recently folks are using enormous amounts of "quoting" folks, and pasting in huge chunks of text that other people have written.
Report Post Tip
Telkin, im pretty sure it does, i dont post that much, so im nut up to speed but i have heard it helps.
Report Post Tip
I'm almost certain it does, as the districts that contain the folks I've noticed doing it have seen an enormous increase in VIP points - which... Well, why are they getting rewarded for others work :S
Report Post Tip
Anyone have any idea if this has been looked into?
Report Post Tip

I don't know, but they should. 

No idea if the people who are doing it are using it for the points they get or because they believe it is a sound debating technique, but it shouldn't count towards VIP posting regardless. 

Report Post Tip

I hate to say it but some things in OOC I would say could be apart of VIP posting. Others are just beyond stupid threads and shouldn't count. I guess you can't have your cake and eat it too.

Report Post Tip
Some OOC definitely merits points for VIP, I'm still personally inclined to wonder about my question about blockquotes being part of said math.
Report Post Tip

I agree that people shouldn't be rewarded for blockquoting other people's entire post.. but I do feel that it has it's purpose and ruling out points for it all together wouldn't be right.

Report Post Tip

News & Announcements
Replying to: GAME CHANGE: Modified VIP Post Rankings V3.0
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL