Get Timers Now!
X

May 09 - 20:26:53
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
Marietta - An In-Depth Interview Started by: RourkeyRourke on Dec 16, '08 14:20
A lone reporter furiously types away at a typewriter, typing the type of type that typists type about. He pauses for a second, wipes sweat from his brow, and reclines in his chair. He has succumbed to a brief interlude of writer's block that gnaws at his brain like a hungry Doberman. The reporter can't think during his candid tell-all of KingOfOnePercent's nights out on the town. He has tracked King all over town but has lost the urge to write further. The King's frequenting of nude male Roman bathhouses would not be so interesting to an inquiring public as it would to his own whims and desires.

An idea comes into the reporter's head like a bolt of lightning! He will conduct an in-depth tell all interview with GodMother Marietta. It will be a no-holds barred, any-question-fair-game interview. The reporter spends hours crafting his questions carefully and pins down the GodMother for several hours in order to gain a full understanding of her inner workings. He publishes the entire interview for the world to see.

You pick up the daily paper and read the front page. The headline and article reads as follows:

AN IN-DEPTH INTERVIEW WITH MARIETTA - READ AT YOUR OWN RISK

——————————————————-

To: Marietta

Subject:

How is your day going?

——————————————————-

To: RourkeyRourke

Subject:

Cool!

——————————————————-

You marvel at the GodMother and her candid responses. Never before has someone been so open with the press. You walk away feeling as if you have gained the knowledge of a thousand generations and a greater sense of respect for GodMother Marietta.
Report Post Tip
Awesome put down the newspaper, feeling as if he had gained the knowledge of a thousand generations and a greater sense of respect for Godmother Marietta.

"Wow. I mean, wow. Just, wow. Wow."

Awesome picks up the newspaper again to re-read that which he has just read, and puts it down again, again feeling as if he had gained the knowledge of a thousand generations and a greater sense of respect for Godmother Marietta.

"Yeah, 'wow' pretty much covers it. That interview was so good it was almost a few steps below awesome. Yes, it was that good."
Report Post Tip
MOWF reads the interview with awe.

Powerful words from a powerful woman.

A saddened look begins to cover his face...

Why can't I be that cool?
Report Post Tip
You almost are, your BFN!

But that point aside. What a moving interview. I must review my life to see what i've been doing wrong.
Report Post Tip
Thank you WildTurkey, you are so kind.
Report Post Tip
Passing by the newspaper stand the article catches Jasey_Rae's eye. He stops and reads it intently, and has to read it several time to get the full affect of the Godfather's words, or word rather. Awestruck he set down the paper and walks away pondering her words.
Report Post Tip
*notices the local mobster raving over the daily press*

*walks over*

What's the big deal around here??

*read the paper*

What the hell??

*thinks and puts finger on head*

I got it. This whole article just makes me feel as if I gained the knowledge of a thousand generations and a greater sense of respect for GodMother Marietta.

*lites joint, takes long pull and looks at the joint*

*choking and coughing at the same time*

It's gotta be the weed!
Report Post Tip
Wow. So in depth.

I always wondered all of these thing you asked.
Report Post Tip
Oh My What a interview there it takes so long to read that my toes have fallen off due to sitting in the same spot in the freezeing cold .....
Report Post Tip
This was entirely taken out of context. I'm going to sue your pants off. YOUR PANTS I TELL YOU!

Points her finger frantically at Rourkey and shakes it a bit before dashing off shrieking.
Report Post Tip
If this is a ruse to get me out of my pants, I will not engage you in your dastardly schemes.

The only woman who may take off my pants is my wife, Aurora.
Report Post Tip
Cool.

It operates on so many levels.

Bravo!
Report Post Tip
Sighs.

Well if it was a dastardly scheme, don't worry Marietta. I will let you sue my pants off any time. You can get them off any way you want as a matter of fact.

Laughs.

At least she is having a good day. It is always good to have good days. If it wasn't, then good days would not be good.
Report Post Tip
Walks away with the knowledge of what it means to be a godfather.
Report Post Tip
Rourkey, how many years of training did it take to perfect your interviewing technique because its brilliant!
Report Post Tip
I have studied at the Detroit School for Journalism for about thirteen years now.

There have apparently been multiple errors with my paperwork because I believe I definitely should have graduated.
Report Post Tip
Unforseen circumstances....Lost coursework? Doctors note? Dog ate it?

I would have thought you were top of the class.
Report Post Tip
He is top of the class, seeing it is a class of one. Because he is in a class all his own.
Report Post Tip
Rourkey walks in, pumping iron with a few free weights.

You are all too kind! For so long all I have heard from my wife Aurora is "You have no class."
Report Post Tip
You misheard her, she was saying "You have one class."
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Marietta - An In-Depth Interview
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL