Get Timers Now!
X

May 02 - 01:00:58
Game Suggestions
0 Watchers
Page:  1 
The Mafia Tribune Started by: RourkeyRourke on Dec 16, '08 20:08
I notice The Mafia Tribune has been defunct for almost a year now. Might I suggest that cash stipends be offered to prospective writers in order to publish weekly additions?

We have numerous assistants at this point in time and I can assume a crack team of Falafel, SaintFreeman, Witchy, and Billy_Bathtub would be able to coordinate the publications.
Report Post Tip
I think the tribune should be brought back. If we can't find a decent editor, why not make it a community project. It really should be one anyways, where the entire community pitches in each week for stories. As you said, there are many admins that could help with the publishing if an editor is not wanted.
Report Post Tip
Always was a fan of having a paper around, made it more like a society. Gave a bit of realism to the place. Although I do agree that the right person should be found, someone who has the time to devote, and the ability to take the happenings of this world, both big and small and turn them into brilliant pieces.
Report Post Tip
Yes, bring it back please. I'll write for it.
Report Post Tip
I would be happy to write for the Tribune free of charge weekly, daily, or monthly as required.

I will make sure that this is brought front and center to the administration team.
Report Post Tip
I would love to write for the Tribune too
Report Post Tip
I would hate to be
Report Post Tip
I've always wanted to see the Tribune start publishing again and I'm willing to write for it as well.

And I vote for RourkeyRourke as Editor-in-Chief. Np np.
Report Post Tip
I'd so do it if I didn't have stuff to attend to. :p
Report Post Tip
Everyone says they'd love to write for the Tribune, but when push comes to shove, its very hard to find articles come publication time.

If you'd really like to see a periodical in circulation, band together and create one, perhaps seeking financial sponsorship from your family leaders or private donators.
Report Post Tip
I would be happy to write weekly for it if the administrators would supply me with a financial stipend. I'm open for negotiations. :)

I understand your point of having the users band together and create some sort of newspaper, but with an administration-created link to it at the top of the menu, wouldn't it be easier to use that already-created forum?
Report Post Tip
I already offered to become the editor of this once great paper, but my offer was declined for two reasons from two different people.

Ganelon: The potential new editor would have to publish a paper on the streets regularly and it would need to be supported for the admins to consider bringing back the Tribune.

Mary_Livermore: The editor's spot is no longer open.

It doesn't look like the paper will be brought back any time soon, which is a shame, because I really would love to take up that mantle.
Report Post Tip
Here's the deal.

I deleted my last post after talking this through with other admins.

If the users want a dedicated Tribune editor, it will only be considered after an individual (or group of individuals) publish a paper in the streets every week for two months. That's eight consecutive papers.

Many of you may complain that some weeks nothing happens. Sometimes there's no really big time news to report, high ranked deaths, or major wars. Find the news and report on it.

When there's a defined interest and proof of a dedicated team of reporters, the issue of the Tribune Editor will be revisited.

If you have any questions regarding this, mobmail Ganelon for more details and information. Good luck.
Report Post Tip

Game Suggestions
Replying to: The Mafia Tribune
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL