Get Timers Now!
X

May 20 - 04:34:30
Page:  1 
The Candlelight Lounge Started by: Giovanni-Zito on Nov 03, '13 09:13

The first thing Giovanni Zito noticed as he opened the door from his office into his new cigar lounge was the hint of jazz music. It mixed in the air with the sweet smell of cigars and aged bourbon, bringing an easy smile to his face after a hard day of work. The lounge's hardwood floors were stained a dark mahogany, and chrome accents decorated its furniture. Instead of booths lining the walls, Giovanni had installed small, facing love seats that were separated by knee-high tables. These were scattered throughout the building, each with ash trays and cigar cutters that featured the lounge's name: The Candlelight Lounge. It was named for the candles placed throughout the sitting area, which would give off a warm, comfortable, and relaxing feeling to the lounge's patrons in the otherwise low-light environment.

Also within the lounge was a bar that stretched across the west wall. Like the rest of the furniture, it, too, was stained a deep mahogany. At first, the bar didn't appear to be anything extravagant, but further inspection revealed a dual purpose. The surface of the bar was a thickened window to a custom-built humidor that stretched the bar's length. This housed the best hand-rolled cigars from throughout the Americas on display in lighted drawers and available for purchase. Additionally, the Candlelight Lounge boasted having seven different beers on tap. If that weren't enough, long shelves of liquor ran along the wall behind the bar.

There were stairs leading up to a second floor where there were large shelves within a massive humidor where people could buy cigars that they enjoyed downstairs by the box to take home and add to their personal collections. The Candlelight Lounge was an ideal place for anyone to come and celebrate any occasion. it was often frequented by local businessmen though celebrating deals made and promotions earned. The lounge had the kind of atmosphere where anyone could simply sit back and relax with an excellent cigar and reflect on a hard days work.

Giovanni had bought the place for a small fortune and, though he was warned that it was a risky investment, he knew that the city was in need of a nice lounge offering premium cigars and nice drinks. The Candlelight Lounge was different from all the bars and restaurants in the area. It was the right spot for a night away from wives and in the arms of girlfriends, dancing to low music and enjoying a few drinks over a nice smoke. Giovanni found himself a nice love seat to unwind, smoke a nice cigar and await his first guests.

The Candlelight Lounge was open for business.

Report Post Tip

Evans had just arrived back into his home town from a business errand out of states. The job had paid well and he was ready to go out and enjoy himself with it. His good friend Giovanni-Zito had told him about his establishment launching some time ago. He decided he'd pay a little visit.

He had arrived soon enough and hopped out of the back of his car. "Go enjoy yourself Timmy! I'll call you when I need you." He said to his driver while giving him a wad of cash. "You got it boss!" His driver responded. Evans then steps inside and makes his way onto a bar stool.

The bartender approaches him. "I'd like a glass of Rum on the Rocks please!" He said to the bartender then awaits for his drink.

Report Post Tip

Gio saw Evan got out of his car and walk towards the door.

Hello Good sir how are you doing today? he asked as Evan walked towards the bar

Gio turned to grab a tumbler from under the bar and put two crystal clear ice cubes in the glass and grabbed his finest run from the top shelf and poured a generous amount in the glass and places it in front of Evan

this one is on the house good sir are you are the first person to stop by and enjoy my lounge, Can I offer you a fine cigar to go along with your rum sir?

Report Post Tip

Evans grab the glass that was place in front of him then swirls the ice around by motioning the glass in circles a little bit. 

"Yeah I'd love a Cuban right now, unless you could recommend something else. A good smoke is a good smoke I always say."

He parts his lips as he takes a few gulps from his glass then sets it back down on the bartop. "Thanks by the way." He said in response of the free drink. "I really dig your Lounge Gio! It has a nice vibe to it. I'm sure you'll be making a killing here in no time." 

"So how has this life treating ya mate?"

Report Post Tip

Pulling her coat closer, Cherry walked down the street. Gio had mentioned he opened up shop near by hers and she was curious to see what it looked like. Coming across various buildings she looked and looked for The Candlelight Lounge. Finally spotting it she smiled with excitement and made her way inside. Seeing Evans already made himself at home, she chuckled. Looking at her surrounds she took everything in and pondering what she should order. 

"Hello guys, how are you both? Hope your having a wonderful day like I am. Have anything planned?"

Looking at them both she pulls her coat off and takes a set. "Can I please get a Taxi Cab?"

Report Post Tip

Gio thinks for a moment and he bends down and opes the class door to the humidor full of cigars.

"here try this cigar, it is a Don Julio full body hand rolled in a clove cold infused leaf. It will be full of flavor with the hunt of clove as an after taste it will pair very well with your rum sir. I love the place here great location and a laid back lounge where we can all hang out. so life is good I just finished stocking the full humidor upstairs. you should have a look?"

"A taxi Cab? you just got here" Gio said laughing 

"you sir can madam, could interest you in a smoke?"

Report Post Tip

" There is this new place I want to try " Viene told herself . 

Entering the place she waited for someone to accompany her and tell her more of the place

Report Post Tip

I was just wondering if there was anywhere I could get a bite to eat?

You see my house in being checked for bugs and I can't even get to my freezer for a home cooked dinner and the tv is on the blitz, I needa get someone to look at that.

Report Post Tip

Gio saw Viene come into the lounge

Welcome to the Candlelight Lounge. May I get you drink? or perhaps one of our premium cigars?

Gio herd Yajirobe that he was looking for some food.

he walked over the cash register and grabbed a menu,

here you go sir was have a great collection of 5 star burgers. Can I get you a drink sir?

Report Post Tip

He had watched the flapper girls entering in their hoards, looking for a rich man to spoil them.  It gave him a little grin and warm feeling inside feeling how easy they were to take advantage of as he walked into the bar, walking to the end he sighed as he ordered a bourbon.  He had watched the purple gang bring cases accross the river when it was frozen the winter before and thought to himself, no risk, no reward.

looking round he cricked his neck and shoulders as he slipped out of his coat and watched what was going on around him.

Report Post Tip

After spending a day in Detroit Tony looks for a few faces that he remembers.  He was told that people still meet in Zitos Candlelight Lounge

Taking a seat at the table hoping to be introduced to a few known people he can do business with he smiles and orders a seven and seven.

Looking around at the place and noticing some very important people Tony start to wonder how much money can actually be made and what's the best way to build a working relationship with his Detroit counterparts.    He thinks about the Purple Gang and the Detroit Partnership two organizations that could either help or cancel out his plans.  Then a devilish grin comes across his face as he thinks about his friends and connections and the friends and connections that can be gained from this venture. 

Report Post Tip

Master Pain had just finished a deal with the chinese in the docks. His friends were there so he decided to go out with them to relax a little. One of them suggested a place in downtown where they could have a nice chat and drink.

After entering the place Master Pain alongside his friends walked toward the bar. The bar man quickly noticed them and started grabbing some cups...

''Hey there! What gonna be? And there's a tabble in that corner if you guys want more privacy.''

The men decided to drink pure whiskey and beer. As they moved to the tabble, Master Pain turned to the barman and handed him five hundred bucks.

''Whatever they ask im paying! Let's start this part shall we?''

Master Pain smiled and and joined the men.

Report Post Tip

Bodie had read the note from Master_Pain that told him to meet at a local spot called the Candlelight Lounge. Bodie had never been there himself but had heard good things. He had even heard that Veine had been spotted inside there one night, so it had to be good. 

As Bodie walked in he saw that MP had already gotten a table and had ordered some drinks.

Whats happening Betty, based on the applause I just heard I gather that your buying some rounds. If thats the case I'll take a couple of beers. I'm not one to turn down a few drinks."

"Now can you please just introduce me to the other sketch-balls that you are hanging out with?"

Report Post Tip

As Honey passes the town, she heard people talking about this new place. She then got curious to check out the place. As she entered the place she saw different group of people talking and drinking and smoking. She saw enjoyment in everyone's face. She then look for a good place to stay.

"Can I have some vodka please?", Honey asked the bartender.

Report Post Tip

Master Pain turned around to notice Bodie approaching while looking around amazed by the quantity of people. Master Pain's table was full but there were an spot for another good friend.

''Yo Bodie! Hows going my lad? Yeah im paying the drinks tonight, lets drink some beer!'' Bodie called the waiter while trying to recognize the faces around him. ''Oh my bad, let me present them. This is Luis my Bodyguard and big friend, this is Master Tang, one of my friends and enforcers. That one in the corner is my private detective. The one in the bathroom doing some coke is NiNe which you already know'' Everyone laughed.

Bodie looked to Master Pain and pointed to a giant bearded and all scarred man in the shadow not to far from the table.

''Ok, dont tell me he's with you too.'' Bodie laughed and grabbed his beer.

''Actualy thats my son, ricco. But forget about him, lets drink shall we?''

Report Post Tip

Bodie finished listening to MP introduce his interesting friends. He heard their names, but had a hard time concentrating because ricco was staring daggers at him. Out of the corner of his eye he could also see Master Tang arguing with another patron. Out of no where Master Tang karate chopped the patron in the throat and then walked back to the table like it was nothing.

Good Lord MP, you always know how to pick some interesting friends.

Bodie laughed nervously

Anyways lets just enjoy our drink and I'll remember not to piss of Master Tang. I think you need to get a leash for him. 

Report Post Tip

Detroit Business District
Replying to: The Candlelight Lounge
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL