Get Timers Now!
X

May 02 - 10:25:39
Game Suggestions
0 Watchers
Page:  1 
HQ Suggestion Started by: Falcao on Dec 17, '08 15:52
After Zoey died, Guardian spent a whole lot of time recruiting every member back to his new family. It took a long time to get this done, and its all he could focus on. He couldn't focus on other problems, or setting up his family after the war.

I was thinking of maybe being able to have an option of setting a successor to the HQ. When you leader dies, someone would automatically hold the HQ without inviting anyone.

But then I talked to some people and made me realize this would only work for pro's gone bad. If a war starts, usually RHM/LHM get shot first.

Maybe if we put a couple heads together we can make this fool proof. What do ya think?

Falcao
Report Post Tip
What should happen if the "next in line" does not meet the rank requirement?

I.E.

Bob is a Don, his RHM is a Wiseguy.

Bob dies.

His RHM is not enough rank to actually maintain the HQ, therefor the entire family should drop?

(I am not Ok with a series of successions, i.e. it shouldnt then place it on the lhms hands, I think it should be a one shot deal, CL to RHM, end of story, if the RHM isnt eligible then, the HQ dissolves)
Report Post Tip
Squishy,

I am leaving that in the hands of the CL.

I would hope the CL has enough smarts to know a WG cannot hold a HQ.

They should then appoint someone made man or above. Yes. I believe it should be a one shot deal.

Maybe we can still code it, but if the RHM dies and cannot hold the HQ, then to bad, someone has to invite 75 members.

But it would help for freak shots, or even if a CL died but the RH was still alive.
Report Post Tip
I think this is an idea that would unfairly maintain a family in perpetuity with many unqualified mafiosos, but I think it is too hard to implement on a global basis.

What if a leader maintains only a crew of WG or below? Nothing due to their own fault, but their members just don't rank fast enough to achieve a MM rank. Should that leader be denied a "successor" merely because their own members aren't able to be Made?

What about rogue crews? Say you get a rogue crew with a Capo leader and several Made Men; would they be able to continue their lines of succession even though they are not viewed as "legitimate?"

I have already heard of some sort of "Captaincy" ideas that were in between my hiatus periods and obviously those did not work out so well. I believe the HQ system where we are is fine without a line of succession and if a new leader, such as Guardian, is presented with the opportunity to lead, he should be responsible for recruiting and inviting those members on his own.
Report Post Tip
Maybe something like using your contact list to send invites
Report Post Tip
I don't think this will work because there are usually too many low ranked RHM.
Report Post Tip
i really like this. CLs need to apoint their successor to a MM or above, that is obvious. or maybe just in times of war.

my main problem is that if a successor is a Capo..what happens to all the Boss's and Consigs in that family? are they abandoned?
Report Post Tip
I don't really see the problem with too many low ranked RHMs Mirage.

If the succession rule was brought in, it adds an extra demension to the appointment of RHM.

> If the CL chooses to have a non ranked rhm, they run the risk of the family falling apart if they die.

> Where a family does pass to the RHM, it would then be up to the new CL to ensure they have the backing/auth of the other leaders. If not, they can either stand and war to retain their place or else disband allowing the members to join the existing families (I'd prefer to see them try and stand, but each to their own on that one).

I think having it the way you outlined above is the only real way to work it Squishy. There will always be a situation where a CL doesn't have a ranked member they trust for RHM, so we need to still allow non ranked RHMs for the day to day running of families. I think the risk element associated with that actually adds to that aspect of the game. (I've played a few games that work with that system in the past, always worked fairly well)
Report Post Tip
There should be a succession rule. And it shouldn't be limited to just named RHM/LHM. If those two die off, or aren't high enough ranked, the highest ranked individual should take over the family until there aren't any MM+ left over.

You all talk about how in a real war, everyone would die for their family, and wouldn't forsake them as soon as the leader fell. Well, you're damned right when you say that. You know what else wouldn't happen? Family members wouldn't start running around like chickens with their head cut off as soon as their leader fell in the war. They wouldn't regard themselves as random criminals with no bonds of loyalty to the family. No, they'd look to the next in line in the family for guidance. And they certainly wouldn't come out of hiding in their war-shelters and make themselves easy targets for all the enemy shooters.

You want people to die with their family? Don't unrealistically make them sitting ducks without a family as soon as their leader falls. As long as "sponsor: none" appears next to someone's name, you can't fault them for joining a family -- they don't have one to be loyal to. You can't fault a MM+ for not wanting to die fruitlessly when the game's code has erased the family they were loyal to, without any regard to the bonds of loyalty that they actually would have.

As far as I'm concerned, when a leader dies, the RHM should take over. If they're not ranked high enough (or were killed), the LHM should. If neither of them qualifies, the highest ranked person should take over. And on down the list until all MM+ are dead.

If you want to kill off an entire family, you should have to do just that.
Report Post Tip

Game Suggestions
Replying to: HQ Suggestion
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL