Get Timers Now!
X

May 11 - 16:37:42
Page:  1 
Looking For Experienced Testers Started by: enkindle on Nov 30, '13 16:26

The past six weeks or so we have been working on a large project for Mafia Returns and it is nearing the completion of its first phase so we need a few qualified beta testers.

First though, as I know everyone will want to know what it is we are doing I will give a brief explanation: The majority of our goals for MR require that we are able to deliver "real-time" messages to your web browser which will allow things like real time chat, interactive organized crimes, instant notifications of mobmail\personals\etc., along with a slew of other ideas that we have brewing in our heads. As a result we have had to rebuild the core of how MR delivers content to your web browser and completely rewrite all of the javascript that uses. We are calling this project the Single Document Interface or SDI for short.

That said, there are very few new features, just bugs. Our present goal is to make sure the SDI functions correctly with all of its existing features or MR before moving on to actually creating new features and to do that we need good beta testers. All the cool stuff will come in once this is phase of the development is completely stable.

Requirements

• Experience with software development.
  • Experience tracking and duplicating bugs and anomalies.
  • Patience and a willingness to deal with said bugs until they are fixed.

Bonus Skills:

• Experience with web development.
  • Experience with really complex front end javascript code using, ajax, localstorage, browser history manipulation, more ajax, large quantities of css, websockets, long polling, some more ajax, browser quirks, responsive css... and a few other things.
  • Being awesome.

If you meet the requirements and want to help please send me a mobmail. If you do not meet the requirements, don't worry, you will get the chance to use the new features once they are more stable.

Report Post Tip

Just to clarify, I'll be doing all the programming and fixing of things. What I need is people who can break things and then tell me how they did it.

Report Post Tip
Are the rest of us still going to be able to use the SDI in the meantime?
Report Post Tip

If you already had access you will of course keep it. 

Report Post Tip
Awesome :)
Report Post Tip

This guy and I have two thumbs.

Report Post Tip

btw.

SDI is a very sucky project name.

You need something MUCH sexier... say...  Project BulletProof!

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: Looking For Experienced Testers
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL