Get Timers Now!
X

May 20 - 05:22:42
Page:  1 
The Bodega Started by: Bodie on Dec 05, '13 20:11

Tucked away Downtown Detroit, sits The Bodega otherwise known as "The Spot". No one could even remember the original name of the small green-grocer and the sign had long since fallen of the front. Bodie had been running his crew outside of the Bodega, since he was 15 years old building up a name for himself in the streets. Inside the store were two narrow aisles of groceries that were mostly covered in dust, and a wall of cold drinks along the back. The clerk sat at the front of the store behind a few inches of bulletproof glass. Each transaction was completed as if it were a bank. The customer would place the money in a tray, and the clerk would slide back out whatever change was due.

To a curious passerby this would seem like an unnecessary level of precaution. After all, it's a damn green-grocer,right? Oh if only it were.... this humble facade was just that.. a facade. Bodie not only ran his crew from this place, he ran drugs, guns, women... just about anything and everything.

Bodie had always had an understanding with the owner, a rather timid man named George Harris. Sadly for poor ole Harris, his son had a gambling problem. One that got him involved with all the wrong people. When his son landed in the hospital with two broken feet, Mr Harris came to the only person who could help him... the leader of the gang that 'protected' his shop, Bodie.

Bodie stepped in, cleared Harris Jr's debt and even gave some money to the owner for 'Miscellaneous Expenses', and in exchange was allowed to post his crew up on the corner and in the room behind the shop. Bodie and his crew also provided some much needed security for the store, as well as access to some products that are normally hard to come by. You see not too many customers came in looking to get a loaf of bread. They were usually after a different type of food.

As you approach the corner you could often her a youngin' calling out 'What you need?'. If you spoke the language you got served up quick. Best customer service in Detroit. Newcomers and nervous faces were treated with a different type of hospitality.

Every day you could see Bodie set up outside taking in the view. As you walk by Bodie says

"Don't let the trash on the street fool you son, this is spot you were looking for. Come inside or step off, this is after all a place of business."

Report Post Tip

Alex needed some 'soul food'. Especially after this war and Dripple had asked him to help out with the setting up of 'The Negative Nimbus'. He was tired as hell. First he was dodging bullets.. Now he was dodging associates who wanted to know why the HQ was a little shack in a corner of Detroit and not the palatial mansion they were promised. He would have gladly traded the former for the latter. Finally when he could take it anymore. He stood up from his desk,drew his gun(that got their attention,alright)  got extremely and uncomfortably close to the face of a young associate. 

I'm going for a walk. Mind the shop.

With that, he put on his coat and just wandered aimlessly around Detroit trying to clear his head. Suddenly, he heard a familiar voice. The voice of Bodie, his long-time friend.

Yo! What the fuck are you doing here,man?

Report Post Tip

Bodie was sitting on the stoop in front of his usual place of business watching people closely as they walked by. He looked over at one of his crew "What's the count at man?". At that moment Bodie saw AlexMoran walking by.

"Yo Alex!, my man. I'm surprised to see you down in my neck of the woods, but I'm glad your around. The past few days have been wild man, and it's good to see a friendly face."

Bodie took drag off his joint and handed it out to Alex

"Take a hit man, you look stressed out. let me know if you need anything stronger too. My store is stocked and we are always open." 

Report Post Tip

Alex's eyes lit up. The fucking lit the fuck up the moment he saw the joint.

Oh my fucking god, yes. Gimme dat!

He literally swiped it out of Bodie's hands and took a long and oh so awesome drag on it.

Fuck yeah, I needed that!

Man, you can say that again. These past few days have been crazy as hell and it doesn't seem like letting up anytime soon for me. 

As he took another drag on the joint, he had a marvelous idea.

Yo, you got some Jack Daniels? I would kill for a bottle of Jack right about now.

Report Post Tip

Bodie watched as Alex took down most of the joint in a few puffs

"Damn man! Haha, that's what I like to see. No better way to calm the nerves."

Bodie waved at one of his associates who walked over

"Yo, we got Jack Daniels?"

A blank look came over the associates face as he looked at the people standing around

"Jack Daniels the whiskey...for fucks sake it's not a person..."

In a few seconds the associate returned with a bottle of the brown and a few glasses. Bodie took the bottle and poured some out for him and Alex.

"Here you go fam. Lets toast to all the soldier's who didn't make it. By the way, I've got crates of this stuff laying around. I'll make sure to send some over to Dripple's HQ. You guys can get that place broken in."

Report Post Tip

Alex gladly took the glass, raised it for a toast and then took a sip

Oh yes, that hit the spot. 

He lowered the glass and turned to Bodie

Sure, thanks,man. I could use some Jack dealing with all the stuff down there. It's rewarding,sure but hectic as hell. 

Emptied the glass

Figure that's life in the mafia,eh?

Report Post Tip

Bodie took a big gulp of whiskey along with Alex

"Ha, got that right man. We sure didn't choose this life so we could sit on our asses. It's that hard work that gets you noticed around here and keeps that money flowing. Money is the thing that keeps the wheels spinning after all.

You'd get bored anyways man, I know you well enough to know that. Just keep at it and pretty soon everything will be running nice and smooth. I'll make sure to give you some medicine you can take home anyways...ya know, just in case heh."

Bodie reaches into his pocket and hands Alex a baggie

"Just holler when you're running low and I'll make sure you get hooked up. The store is always stocked after all."

Report Post Tip

Alex accepted the baggie proffered by Bodie with an air of gratitude 

Thanks,man. Yeah,right as if I'd be heading home now.

He let out a mirthless laugh as he thought of the mountain of work waiting for him,back at the HQ. He would have to get back to the work soon. That was when it struck him....Bodie was a Right Hand too and yet here he was, enjoying some well-deserved free time with Mr.Pot, Jack and Daniels. 

Yo, How the hell do you manage to get so much free-time? What with you being a Right Hand and all.

Report Post Tip

"Don't let it fool you Alex. I may be sitting out enjoying a bit of the smoke but my mind is always on business. Plus I rarely sleep, we can all rest when we're dead."

Bodie chuckles a bit and takes the last drag off of his joint. He flicks it onto the ground and steps on it.

"Although, who am I kidding, I am part of the Blackout Syndicate...as long as I keep the drugs and booze flowing it'll all work out I swear."

Bodie hears a crashing noise and the sound of breaking glass. He looks behind him to see his associate standing over a case of broken vodka bottles.

"Holy shit man, you know how much you just cost me?"

"Spoke too soon about keeping the booze flowing I suppose. Anyways, I guess I do have a lot of work to do haha. Looks like you have your crew up and running right? How are things going over in the Nimbus?"

Report Post Tip

Hahahahaha, Well...we can sleep when we are dead buttt can we fuck when we are? I highly doubt it.

Alex laughed at his own crude and immature joke as Bodie posed him a couple questions

Yeah,man. Can't complain. Got a good set of people working their asses off. I've actually been thinking about that. Considering the amount of money that's started to flow. I figure I'll set up a club of sorts somewhere right around here, get a few of them working girls and make it look totally legit on the outside and then use it as a front of sorts. What do you think?

Report Post Tip

Bodie lets out a loud laugh at his friend

"Oh man, always appreciate your different sense of humor. I'll tell you what man, if anyone would still be trying to get laid when they are dead, you'd be that guy."

Bodie pats his friend on the back

"That's good to hear, I would love to see you set something up in Detroit. This city is growing fast and I think its a perfect time to harvest some of the new cash that's around. Let me know if you need any help getting started, I have a few connections who can get some of the paperwork through." 

"We can also provide a bit of security, as long as some of my guys can push some of my product through there as well. Have you thought of any names for your spot yet?"

Report Post Tip

Detroit Business District
Replying to: The Bodega
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL