Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 17:14:40
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
GAME CHANGE: CA's getting tired of your shit. Started by: Squishy on Jan 09, '14 16:25

The shooting of/at a CA by anyone other than its owner will result in CAs returning fire for 24 hours.

The shooting of/at a CA by anyone other than its owner that is upper structure will result in CAs returning fire on the the upper structure for 24 hours.

Report Post Tip

Does that mean the owner can no longer had there CA over to someone who trains a gun in there family if they dont train a gun?

Report Post Tip
They *can*, obviously there'd just be some consequences, such as the CA's shooting back.
Report Post Tip

Yeah just checking so basicly if you dont train your gun you just let your CA retire then Cheers Telkin

Report Post Tip

The math has been adjusted.  The CA never expects to be shot in the back by his own business partner, therefor, you can practically get the muzzle right into the back of his head before he even notices.

Report Post Tip
Well not exactly Lister, seeing as most people who train a gun worth mentioning have BG's, I doubt they're very scared of CA's shooting at them.

On the flip side of that...1% FOR THE LOSS!
Report Post Tip

The math has been adjusted.  The CA never expects to be shot in the back by his own business partner, therefor, you can practically get the muzzle right into the back of his head before he even notices.

Basically you have a really decent chance of hitting your own CA and there is no point giving it away?

If so, Good. 

Report Post Tip

Well thats a good Idea Thanks Squishy

Report Post Tip

Well, even though Lister seems to end up agreeing with the idea, I am stuck at his original thought. I should be able to allow a family member to shoot my CA. Maybe do a process of asking for auth such as if I click somewhere then this other person can shoot my CA without consequences. There are people who want the money but not the kill.

And for any account that is essentially a proer, shooting a CA is wasting a kill even if he has a 100% chance of hitting. This person will amass a whopping SR of +2 a month. 

Report Post Tip

This is essentially removing choice out of the owner's hands - I'm not a big fan of this change.

Report Post Tip

well a while back i am sure i saw is a 50/50 chance to hit your own ca,  someone may as well shoot twice knowing worse will get a wb and be jailed or lose gun and second time should hit.

Report Post Tip

Maybe if the CLs had punished or done something to actually stop people killing others CAs Squishy wouldn't have had to make this change. The sad fact is after wars with hundreds if not thousands of bgs to kill people are being unnecessarily vindictive and choosing to kill other peoples CAs. With numerous WS either simply not being asked for or not being found, people are getting away with it. Its a +1 that cost somebody 10 credits, maybe if people were less greedy this wouldn't have happened.

I am fully supportive of this change.  

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $200,000 Tip

Bunny has hit the Nail firmly on the head, Part of the reason is the shooting of the CAs goes unpunished even though every district has Rule against it.

Dureing Takedowns has it not been enough to kill the person/Persons but to shoot there CAs as well i like that izzy has bought in a large risk factor now.

While i understand your frustration Solastalgia maybe just maybe if the rules where enforced even to those Crew Leaders that broke them this would not have happened.

Report Post Tip

Opps thats Aemon* Not Solastalgia Sorry Ralph

Report Post Tip

Yes Lister. And why would they not shoot their CA?

I cannot say I have ever done it (or even considered it) but having seen you mention it I now see it makes sense.

For an enemy to be instantly strengthened upon their return could lead to your death far quicker. Could it not? Venegance is far more easily attainable.

I know people can use RL cash to purchase credits and purchase a CL but such is life. That is the price they pay to get where they need to be to retaliate in a far quicker time. If it were just game cash you would need to earn $8.8 million clear. That would mean leaving it probably a week to gain your CA's back? I would say thats about right anyway?  No Thug off the Streets would have the contacts to corrupt an Agent anyway?

Report Post Tip

Brendan when an account is killed the drug units of a CA are reduced to 0 So there fore they have to wait for the units to build up.

Now why wouldnt the Daughter/Son of a mobster not use there Mother/Fathers contacts in the underworld to give themselves a leg up?

I know i would.

Yes people do spend there real life cash on here so that there are plenty of CDs for those that havent got the money to spend on the game can benefit as well.

That real life cash is what helps gain the improvements that everyone on here enjoys or frustrates depending on what it is.

Now since you bought up the contacts of a thug i will bring up that the shooting of and officer of the LAW will bring down more heat not only the local police but the FBI and there resources.

The police would not rest intill those responsible of such are crime are caught and taken off the streets.

But this is a game hence we have a revolving door when we are jailed for murder we can commit 100s of murders and not be investigated we see plenty of dead police officers in the morgue of which none are investigated.

The loss of people who spend real life money on this game hurts us all to have them forced away because of vindictive actions commited by a few sickens me.

Report Post Tip

Erm no.

When you die, the earnings are set to 0, but you keep the CA, and it's units.

At least, you did last time I checked.

Report Post Tip

Units go away as well.

Report Post Tip

I think there should at least be an option to auth someone to shoot your CA. Right now you can't even give it as a gift to someone and that's what I don't like.

Report Post Tip

Padrino hit the nail dead on. I don't mind the setup here, but it used to be that we had the ability to let someone else shoot our Bg if we were a pro'er by trade, or if we didn't have the MIA. I would like a way to continue that tradition, as it fits with the RP, and Give us back the choice that some are complaining about losing, while still allowing this change to have the intended effect

Report Post Tip

News & Announcements
Replying to: GAME CHANGE: CA's getting tired of your shit.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL