Get Timers Now!
X

May 04 - 02:43:51
Page:  1 
Suicides Started by: mortalmyst on Dec 28, '08 18:57
I have seen a lot of slit throats as a result of someone's own desire to end their life to this world of crime and violence.

However, is that the right thing to do?

Your boss as given you a precious seat in his family to shelter and protect you while you pay a tax that is not nearly enough to cover the payments the boss has. Shouldn't he be allowed to at least train one of his members in the hit squad which would be a little more productive?

Or is this an issue of honor and decency. Do you suicide instead of asking a family member to shoot you as a result of having some honor of death? Do leaders tolerate this?

Confused and open to opinions.
Report Post Tip
People tend to suicide because they don't care enough to continue. And if they don't care enough to continue then they probably don't care enough to help train someone's gun.
Report Post Tip
Do Leaders have a choice?

"Don't suicide or I'll shoot you!" sounds so intelligent....
Report Post Tip
It's more like "Suicide and we make sure it's permanent"
Report Post Tip
Suiciding is an easy way out of this world, but is sometimes seen as a coward's death.

I must say, if I'm looking to leave and no one is around to help me out, I would probably suicide rather than retire.
Report Post Tip
I agree with Rourkey.

I would talk to everyone online in my crew first, and if ABSOLUTELY no one can kill me, then yes, I would suicide also. But I would always ask my boss and/or crew to kill me first./
Report Post Tip

asking a crew leader to shoot you is like saying give me an honnerable way  out. so this charicter wont have the disgrace of having suicide on there profile,. and for some people who suicide the crew leader wonders if they may have been able to do something to help this person

Report Post Tip

Personally, I absolutely hate it when I see someone suicide. I really do. Such a pointless way out. However, I don't see it as dishonourable or cowardly, if anything at all they at least didnt bring shame to the family.

Would we rather people commited another type of suicide? by breaking the rules and taking shots at people they shouldn't? This imo is the worst way out, going rogue and attempting to take others lives simply because your bored and can't be bothered with your own life. That, is the dishonourable way out.

But that again - we always harp on about "if you dont like things, try and change it", so, is the above really cowardly, or does it take guts? Knowing that failure not only results in your death, but your name having a black mark against it, is surely a hefty price to pay for boredom?

All about opinions I guess.

Report Post Tip

I see it as a sign of disrespect. But I realize it may not be their intention to be disrespectful. It's like awesome said three years ago, they just don't care.

Report Post Tip

I think the suicide button is a good thing it means u can sort of retire without been killed if you know what i mean? but yeah cud help someone train therre gun aswell!

Report Post Tip

RourkeyRourke should be declared a hero. And will someone please bring back the beard of bees.

Report Post Tip

people might sucide if they know someone else is gonna kill them......a cowards way out....real shame

Report Post Tip

Is sad for me as a leader to see a member suicide with no reasonn explained to me as if i can improve what i am offering i will.  I do understand it could be worse and them commit a hostile act, but in general if i can help someone get more out of the game and keep playing it would make me very happy for them and those they pass their knowledge and encouragement on to.  I try to keep in contact with my crew as much as possible and find IRC sometimes helps people as is more people, easier to trade drug prices encouragement, advice etc.  I do however also see people who create a character to make some money send it to friends if they dont like their numbers, their boss or to bg themselves up next time and there are always hitters hungry for a kill out there the truth is if your new to a family you wont immediately know who the hitters are for security reasons.

Would i prefer someone comes to me to be shot, of course, i would assign someone and job done but sadly it doesnt work that way too often.

Report Post Tip

I only did it to train my gun:P

Nah, I wrote an emabrrassing thread a long time ago.

MZ

Report Post Tip

Yeah, it was that embarrassing

MZ

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: Suicides
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL