Get Timers Now!
X

May 20 - 12:46:18
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
The Old Ways Spawn a New Leader Started by: Muqtada on Dec 30, '08 01:12
Stepping outside the large, imposing office building he had just purchased, Muqtada sees a swarm of faces. Many of them are friends, waiting in anticipation of his first bold-suited appearance, but many more are acquaintances, familiar faces, or even strangers trying to gauge whether they find the man deserving of his newly acquired position. Pondering for a second at the doorway, he then steps up to a hastily constructed podium and takes a deep breath. He's never been one for big public speeches, and especially not while stone-cold-sober. After collecting himself, he stands a bit taller and begins to speak.

My fellow Mafioso, I know the one burning question that you all want answered: "Why does this guy deserve auth, with so many other deserving criminals around? Why not someone else?" Unfortunately, I have no answer for you. No one can answer that question. I could compose the most elegant, thoughtful, perfect-length introduction of myself ever seen on these streets, and it would not be an answer to you. I firmly believe that only the actions of a leader can prove worthiness of the position. At every opportunity I intend to demonstrate that worthiness.

Instead, I'll focus on the question I can answer. I hear some unfamiliar faces in the crowd asking, "Who is this guy?" Well, I'll start with some history, and try to keep it brief. A long, long time ago, my ancestor Sayyid the First shipped over to the streets of New York from his ancestral homelands. He found a community of like minded individuals he could call friends of his and started the life of crime. In time he passed, as do all, but not before he had gathered enough money to bring the rest of his bloodline to America. Many other cousins, brothers, and sons of his walked these streets creating a web of friendships, many of which last to this day. But in time, they grew tired of the life of crime, and flew back to the old country for a change. For years, none of my relatives walked these streets, before my grandfather Sayyid returned.

And so here I am, still in contact with many of those old friends of the family. It is with that history in mind that I have revived the old "La Fratellanza dei Assassina, una Famiglia dei Leggende" banner atop my headquarters. Without our traditions, without our history, and without remembering how we got here, we truly are nothing more than thugs without a clue. That history shall serve as my guide as I chart my own course into the future. I am proud of the first opportunity my bloodline has been granted to knit together a family, and forever grateful for this opportunity granted to me.

"With all that said, I think it's time for an HQ-warming and New Years party!" Muqtada steps back from his podium and throws open the double-doored entrance to his HQ. Inside is a vast display of chips, dip, and a bar stocked with every brand and type of alcohol you can imagine. Various women of ill-repute keep the large, plush chairs warm for any guests who may need help recovering from the cold. "Come on in, have a drink, and get to know me if you don't already."
Report Post Tip
Kerby walks down the streets and notices a well dressed man walking out of a nicely polished HQ. Kerby then approaches the man and listens to him as he begins to speak. Moments later after he is done he welcomes the man with a firm handshake.

Pleasure to meet you sir, the names Kerby. Your not someone that I've met before, but congrats on breing a family head.

It's a privilege that some don't get. Good luck do Bourbon St. well!
Report Post Tip
*standing with the crowd of mobsters*

Congrats my friend! I would be one the mafioso that know you well. I know you deserve such a high position because I know you as good mobster with great ideas that can only help this world of ours.

Happy to see your new establishment and my blessing are with you.

*heads in the HQ and opens his garbage bag*

*slides the chips and dips into his bag and grabs about 10 bottles of liquor*

*notices Muqtada looking at him strange*

Ow.....Hey Muqtada!

*smiles*

Don't worry you can afford this now!

*winks*
Report Post Tip
Muqtada slides up to Marley and smiles. My friend, when I say it's an "all you can drink" party, I really mean "all you can drink here." I'm delighted to see you like the liquor, though. Why don't you go do the whole "puff, puff, pass" thing over with those ladies to the right while you enjoy the selection? I would hate to see an upstanding citizen such as yourself have to resort to sneaking your libations. Muqtada smiles wide again, without a hint of annoyance at his friend's exuberance. After all, when you're out of wine you're out of friends -- and he never intends to be out of friends.
Report Post Tip
Walks out from the crowd and up the steps of the new HQ to congratulate Muqtada. Spotting him... Raoul walks up and shakes his hand

Congratulations on the new HQ and in such a fine location, this place brings back many hazy memories. I'll try to stop Marley from running a muck but we'll probably both end up drunk.

Sees Marley at the bar downing shots as quickly as can be poured. Shakes his head and walks towards him
Report Post Tip
*A young man stands outside Muqtadas newly bought building listening to the short speech being made. He seems more eager than the ones surrounding him, and when Muqtada steps down from the podio to open the doors of his new HQ, the young man must really work hard to not shed a tear*

Muqtada, my dear dear friend, I do not think I can express with words what this means to me.

Ever since I was born, my father and grandfather have spoken about they're lost dreams - to have served in a La Fratellanza familia..

For you to start a family, and make this dream possible for me.. like I said.. I do not think I'll be able to show my gratitude with words.. I can only do my best to show it by being there..

*The young man then quickly shakes Muqtadas hand, and heads for the free liqour*
Report Post Tip
While standing at the door of the new HQ In New Orleans Vito walks over to Muqtadas Hands him a Kush Blunt and then congratulates him on this vey high honour and hopes him all the best on this very prestigious moment
Report Post Tip
It is good to see you wearing that bold suit my friend. Im happy that you have been given this chance.

I know you will do good for the city and look forward to working with you.

I wish your family nothing but good fortune in the times to come.

Congratulations
Report Post Tip
Congratulations Muqtada.

I haven't had the privilege to work with you, but I am hearing good things, and am excited to see what you can do in the Big Easy.
Report Post Tip
"I haven't had the privilege to work with you, but I am hearing good things, and am excited to see what you can do in the Big Easy."

There's no need to drag BrianRourke's nan into this conversation. He'll be disappointed once he happens upon this.

Many congratulations to you, Muqtada. I wish you nothing but success and prosperity in New Orleans.
Report Post Tip
SnowFlake grabs herself and her new boss a glass of wine and proposes a toast

Muqtada I know you will serve this new position well and I am proud to stand beside you for this. Congratulations my friend and boss.
Report Post Tip
Hayley grabs a glass of champagne and walks up to Muqtada. She smiles and puts an arm around him.

Muq, I am so excited to finally see you here. I can't tell you enough how much I appreciate all you have done for us.

She raises her glass.

Here's to Muqtada. Congrats on your new HQ, and I wish you the best in New Orleans.
Report Post Tip
Congratulations Mr. Muqtada. I hope to see you do well.
Report Post Tip
hmm, nice bold suit!

bit short around the ankles though...
picks up a glass of wine and holds it above his head.

To Muqtada! An extremely worthy mobster of this position, and i'm very happy to see him here today!

Congratulations Muqtada, I know you'll make us proud!

Let's not get too drunk though.. remember what happened last time ;)
Throws the wine down his neck, and heads over to the liquor bar.
Report Post Tip
Congrats Sir well deserved :)
Report Post Tip
Good to see a decendant of a good name back around these streets!

Congrats
Report Post Tip
Raises his glass for the toast, slaps Marley. Gestures for him to do the same

Congratulations again... lets get the New Years eve portion of this party started. Cheers!
Report Post Tip
I don't know you. However, after reading this, I have a much better understanding of why you were picked to help lead New Orleans. You have risen my hopes set on your and your family, so don't let me down! ;)

Congrats Muqtada.
Report Post Tip
Muq,

We spoke briefly in the coffeeshops about this, but I thought I would come out and offer my congratulations to you once more.

Give New Orleans a kickstart!

Raises his glass.
Report Post Tip
After pouring himself champagne, Muqtada raises his glass with the others. Thank you all so much for your kind words and support. Here's a toast to friends: old, new, and the ones I have yet to make. I can't do it without you guys.
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: The Old Ways Spawn a New Leader
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL