Get Timers Now!
X

May 20 - 04:58:37
Page:  1 
Detroit's Movie Palace Started by: DrunkenLuv on Jan 19, '14 22:03

walking along the streets in Downtown DT, you come across this Beautiful build with lots of flashing lights, wondering what's going up you head up to this booth at the door, reading the sign 'Movie Palace', as you wonder what kind of place this is and how fun it could possible be, the lady behind the glass in the booth starts speaking to you..

Welcome to Detroit's Movie Palace, It's our Grand opening, Tickets are $1, food and refreshments are listed here.

as she points to a sign.

Popcorn and Drink - $1
Candy and Drink - $1
Popcorn, Candy and Drink - $2

Report Post Tip

We are currently showing 3 movies, they are..

as she points to the sign above her head.

Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde

Dr. Henry Jekyll experiments with scientific means of revealing the hidden, dark side of man and releases a murderer from within himself.

The Mark of Zorro

A seemingly idiotic fop is really the courageous vigilante Zorro, who seeks to protect the oppressed.

Way Down East

A naive country girl is tricked into a sham marriage by a wealthy womanizer, then must rebuild her life despite the taint of having borne a child out of wedlock.

With a smile she says, what would you like to see today? 

Report Post Tip

Walking along Detroits streets Samuru was delighted to spot a move theater, immediately his eyes lit up like a kid at christmas, it was only recently that Samuru had seen the same exact movie theater while visiting Philly and he had a wonderful time there so immediately made his way across the street and up to the counter to pay.

"Hi there, I see you have different movies to your Philly establishment, wonderful!. I'll take 1 ticket to watch The Mask of Zorro please, I've heard it's a good'un, oh almost forgot, I'll have the Popcorn, candy and a cola please".

Putting his money on the counter and taking his snacks, Samuru rushes inside to find a good seat and settles to watch the movie.

Report Post Tip

After some late night business in Black Bottom, Jack stopped by a local coffee shop before he made his way to a recently opened movie theatre. Looking over the movies and the descriptions of said movies, he scratches his chin for a moment before speaking to the lady behind the glass with a smile and a wink.

Why hello there. I'm Jack Harkeness. Way Down East  really attracted my eye because I saw the womaniser bit but something tells me it's more about the woman and less about the flirtatious man. Am I right? I'm fine with a chic flick but today I think I'm going to go for one of the other two. I just can't decide which. Which would you recommend? The Mark of Zorro or Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde?

Sitting there smiling with that smile that some would consider annoying but he could hardly help if he got excited when talking to anyone even remotely interesting. He stirred his coffee and took a drink before continuing to drink.

You think I could take this in with me, miss? I really like this cup of coffee and would be more than willing to compensate you for the inconvenience. Taking out his wallet, he hands the lovely lady two crisp dollar bills and winks again I think this should cover it and make it our little secret, eh?

Report Post Tip

She takes Samuru's cash and gives him the ticket,

Enjoy your show, Sir..

Smiles as she listens to Jack, giggles a little at his flirtatiousness, nods when he ask about the coffee, leans closer to the glass and whispers, "yes, our little secret". Then thinks about what movie would be good for him to see..

Well, Sir, I like the bit of horror in Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde , But the hero in The Mark of Zorro is so great to watch! I think you would like that one tonight.. The Mark of Zorro, Shall I get you a ticket for it?

Report Post Tip

He had heared the debacle with the Durdens here once more.  Hiding his gun, he walked into the cinema, a simple grin as he looked over the counter

"can i grab the candy, popcorn and drink deal, and can it be toffee popcorn if possible?"

"and will watch the jekyll and hyde movie please, as met a few characters in a tavern that fit that description last night, how people hate to lose at cards."

Looking round, he pulled his jacket closer as he waited watching the outside walls from within safe surroundings

Report Post Tip

eyes Candy wryly, and he seems a bit out of breath, and talking about others losing at card the night before..

Uhm, sure popcorn, drink and jekyll movie, $2 Sir, and I do hope you enjoy your show.

as she takes the cash and quickly gives him his ticket along with popcorn and drink

Report Post Tip

Grinning excitedly as placing wallet back in pocket gives a simple nod, then a confused look

"which auditorium for the viewing please"

he looked back curiously

Report Post Tip

Oh yes.. you are just to the right, Sir! Thank you again, Sir!

She yells at him as he disappears inside

Report Post Tip

Gives a thankful wave as he goes to find his seat without spilling all his treats.

with a yelp of

thanks

Report Post Tip

After sitting there a moment longer than he anticipated, the words from the lady behind the booth finally brought him out of his daydreaming.

Okay, The Mark of Zorro it is then! Hopefully with my little delay there I didn't miss it! I was really looking forward to seeing a movie tonight.

Report Post Tip

Angus has heard of the place of course and while he's in Motor City, well, he's obliged to really isn't he?

Traipsing along the sidewalk he spots the sign ahead and continues walking towards his goal.

Detroit's Movie Palace

Entering the building he's greeted by DrunkenLuv who points at a sign:

Popcorn and Drink - $1
Candy and Drink - $1
Popcorn, Candy and Drink - $2

Being rather partial to popcorn Angus hands over $5 and asks for five boxes of popcorn and just a single drink, how many hands do you think I have?

On the sign above are the movie options:

Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde

Dr. Henry Jekyll experiments with scientific means of revealing the hidden, dark side of man and releases a murderer from within himself.

The Mark of Zorro

A seemingly idiotic fop is really the courageous vigilante Zorro, who seeks to protect the oppressed.

Way Down East

A naive country girl is tricked into a sham marriage by a wealthy womanizer, then must rebuild her life despite the taint of having borne a child out of wedlock.

Looking DrunkenLuv in the eye Angus makes his choice.

Dr J and Mr H it is then Luv. I sort of feel some strange empathy for some reason......

Report Post Tip

Yes, Sir, Jack right away. Would you like any refreshments or snacks?

She smiles at him when taking his cash and handing him his ticket to The Mark of Zorro.

Ahh Angus, Sir, are you sure about 5 popcorn? That hungry?

Looking at him wryly, she takes his cash and giving him his 5 popcorn and one drink..

Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde it is then.

taking the last dollar he puts up for the ticket, she hands him the ticket, saying...

Your show is just to the right, Enjoy your show..

Report Post Tip

Frankenstein had finished up his daily errands and his flight didnt leave for another 8hours, he decided to see what kind of trouble he could get himself into. He took to the downtown streets strolling about he came across a large movie plaza with dazzling lights. Sucker for a good movie he shrugged and said what the hell.

He fished out a few dollars and hit the ticket window up 

Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde

The Mark of Zorro

Way Down East

Thinking to himself for a few momments he said what the hell 1 for the mark of zorro

and in he went settled in a nice seat he popped some popcorn and waited

Report Post Tip

Invidia went inside the movie place and started to look at the sign to see what movies were playing tonight.

Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde

The Mark of Zorro

Way Down East

She still hadn't seen two of the movies playin, but she thought to herself that she would be watching them next time she came here.
She then took a look at the menu and thought of it for a minute.

Popcorn and Drink - $1
Candy and Drink - $1
Popcorn, Candy and Drink - $2

She went over to the girl and said with a smile:

"Hi. I would like a ticket to the movie The mask of Zorro and a popcorn, candy and a drink."

Report Post Tip

Detroit Business District
Replying to: Detroit's Movie Palace
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL