Get Timers Now!
X

May 20 - 13:09:30
Page:  1 
One Liners will be encouraged! Started by: KingOfOnePercent on Dec 30, '08 15:38
Sitting in our grand HQ of splendour and cuteness this morning, my boss Acute and myself stumbled upon what we anticipate will be a masterstroke, a revolution in the way people join crews. We've decided that, from this moment on, we will not just accept one line invite requests, we will welcome them into our HQ with open arms and a warm cup of cocoa; and we can only hope other families will soon follow our lead.

In a nutshell, we feel that a few back and forth mails, no matter how eloquently written, are not enough to gauge someone's character and that they effectively serve no more purpose than a simple old one liner.

We feel that we should not discriminate against mobsters who are newer to these shores who don't know that the one-liner is apparently a terrible faux pas; we feel that we should embrace these people, and there's no better way of doing it than inviting them to our hallowed halls.

We e feel that we should not over complicate what is supposed to be a mutually beneficial concept. They join us and get protection, we get more money and the chance to mould what would typically be palmed off as an annoyance into something great, something cute. Why let this procedure get bogged down with to and fro mails which ultimately prove nothing?

Thank you for listening friends.

Love,

The Cuties.
Report Post Tip
This is excellent news. Droning on for minutes at a time with asinine pleasantries, that have been recycled for the ninth time, is a soul destroying process. Especially considering it feels like an exercise in being made to jump through hoops for no discernible reason. Perhaps if such invite proceedings tested more than just ones ability to articulate then they would retain some merit.
Report Post Tip
If I wasnt a loyal humble servent to the slave driver Guardian I would so join!!

About time all the simpletons had a place to call home, no one can say that this isnt an original twist.
Report Post Tip
I'm not stopping you Junkie be my guest!

Pushes him out of the HQ
Report Post Tip
You couldn't do that to me you need me!!!!!

(the above statements may not have any truth in them)
Report Post Tip
so...

what I see from what has been said here, is that the ever so traditional King of 1 % has decided that he is going to reduce his expectations from those who he seeks to join his family.

One MIGHT deduct, if one was smarter than I am, that perhaps this lowers the standards and allows for "open recruiting" of any one who happens to stumble upon these shores...

There used to be a name for this practice, I seem to recall a gal named Danielle who was a great practice r of this tradition.

Perhaps is indeed is not a new tradition!
Report Post Tip
Reducing expectations and lowering standards is a very subjective opinion here, Fu.

Just because myself and Acute do not expect as much from an invite request, it does not mean that this will be reflected in what we expect from our members.

10 points for mention of Daniella though, I think we can all rejoice in that!
Report Post Tip
Fu-Manju, I am clearly a smarter man than you and I am happy to provide my opinion on the subject.

This might appear to you to be a sense of "open recruiting" or "member-whoring" as it was so called in the olden days of my ancestors, but KingOfOnePercent eloquently pointed out that he and Acute will be happy to accept those who humbly request a place in their family's headquarters. Nowhere did I discern that he was actively seeking to recruit mafiosos to join, but would rather act upon their first requests.

I would disagree that it lowers the standards in the crew and instead serves as a beacon of hope to those new mafiosos looking for a warm place to stay and a careful eye to watch over them.

Acute and KingOfOnePercent - champions of men, cute as buttons.
Report Post Tip
ah yes...

those are the exact words that the shim that she/he was said when being accused of acting like a lady of the streets :D
Report Post Tip
One liners for the win! All the best give one liners.. Like the time I asked this girl on a date with my winning pick up line "Hey baby do you like cheese?"

Can't go wrong there.
Report Post Tip
You're such a member whore.

Just for everyones information 'Invite' will suffice in our family. We only take the best of the best..
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: One Liners will be encouraged!
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL