Get Timers Now!
X

May 20 - 15:58:38
Page:  1 
Death at the bakery (RP) Started by: Hayley on Dec 30, '08 17:07
Hayley sat at her desk shifting through her paperwork searching for her favorite pen that had been buried underneath the stacks of papers that littered her desk. Getting a bit frustrated she picked up the papers and threw them in the trash. Hearing a clink she looked down and saw the black ball point pen lying on the floor. Reaching down to pick it up, Hayley heard a knock at the door. Rising to tell them to come in she hit her head in the corner of the desk.

"Ouch.. Son of a .." The rapping on the door again caused her to stall her sentence. "Come in. Damn it's unlocked." Hayley sat back up in her chair rubbing the crown of her head, as she saw the door open and and a younger man walk in. "Yes. What do you need?" Her voice was rang out a bit on the angered side from being disturbed of her chores around the office.

"Umm.. Don Hayley?" The young mans voice quivered with fear afraid that she was angered because of his visit.

"I live down the way and have a bit of an issue. There was an accident at the shop and well. My parents.." His voice cracked as he tried to spit out the rest of the words and simply could not.

Hayley stood and walked over to him pulling a empty seat from the front of her desk she slid it over to him.

"Here have a seat." Watching him as he set down, Hayley looked at him hard and thought to herself that she remembered this man vaguely but from where. She thought harder as her nails clinked on the desk.

"Who are you?" Giving up able to recognize she finally just asks him. Setting forward at her desk she sets her elbows on the desk and folds her hands together awaiting his answer.

"Oh beg my pardon. I am Chrissy. My father was Christopher he ran the bakery down the street." Chrissy had settled a bit from his distraught state as he sat in the chair staring a Don Hayley trying to find the words that were suppose to come out with out sounding like a baby or a moron.

"Two nights ago there was a break in and several well umm.. Gangsters came in and ransacked the store. My father and mother heard it and ran down the stairs. Then. The shots rang out I heard my mother scream and as a thud hit the floor." Taking a deep breath in, Chrissy paused briefly before continuing the disheartening story. "Two more shots rang out as I hid. I listened as they laughed and destroyed everything that we had."

Don Hayley sat back in her seat and glared at Chrissy. "I did know your parents and I am sorry for your loss but.." Before she could finish Chrissy stood up and placed both hands on her desk staring her in the eyes.

"Look I came to you because only you can help. Please you watch over this city and it's people provide the business with protection for those that help and work with you. I don't know who these people were but I want to find them. I need to." The pleas bellowed through the office like the saddest sound anyone could possibly ever imagine. "Please. Don Hayley. Please."

Hayley saddened by the situation tried not to get pulled in to the emotions that held thick in the air. Almost choking on the situation she grabbed a glass of water that sat at the corner of her desk and took a sip. "Ok. Fine. I can't promise anything. I won't promise anything. I will look into that is it. If something surfaces I will get it taken care of. Realize that this isn't the norm and I don't know how you really got in here to do this but I'll give you credit kid for having a pair." Standing up she reached out and shook his hand firmly sealing their agreement.

"Thank you. Thank you very much." Before Chrissy could say anything Draven came busting through the door out of breathe and almost unable to talk.
Report Post Tip
"You!" Draven stood in the doorway breathing heavily. Doubling over from a side cramp she points to the man standing in front of Don Hayley's desk. "How? Ah.. Fu.." Still unable to catch her breath she stops and inhales deeply as she hears Hayley giggle. Looking up she starts to crack a smile, but sees a look of sadness upon the new comers face and stops.

"Draven I believe you are a bit late. Meet Chrissy. He has something that,well I guess, is a task for us to do." Draven watches as Hayley extends a hand to show her their guest. Finally catching her breath, Draven walks over to the desk and slides the empty chair out plopping quickly down. Pulling a pack of smokes out of her pocket,Draven offers a cig. to Chrissy. While Chrissy shook his head Draven quickly sparked her lighter and took a drag off the freshly lit smoke. "You know Draven that is why you couldn't catch Chrissy and why you couldn't breathe. And fine don't offer me one." Draven handed her a smoke and sighed.

"So what is this task that, Chrissy is it, has asked us to do?" Draven listened intently to Hayley about the murders as she finished her smoke. Snuffing it out in the ash tray she leaned forward and set her elbows on the desk. "Ok so a hunt is it for the killers. Now Hayley you do know I will need a bit of help right?" Draven sighed as she snatched the keys to the car. Knowing that Hayley would want her to go now, Draven rose from her seat with the car keys in hand and turned to walk towards the door.

Hayley stood from her chair quickly and motioned at Chrissy to stop Draven. "Draven. I am coming with." Draven stopped and turned a bit perplexed that Hayley wanted to come with. "Look I know by the look on your face you think this is a bad idea but hey. Try and stop me." Hayley looked at Chrissy and smiled. "After all Draven between the three of us... Well lets just say that these killers screwed with the wrong people. My city. My problems too."

Draven shook her head and threw the keys back to Hayley. "Hmm.. I don't like this. Let me say this now. I don't agree with this I know you shouldn't be going, but your right." Draven sighed as the three passed through the doors "I can't stop you."
Report Post Tip
*comes walking through the door*

*38 caliber in hand and joint hanging from his lip*

You little bastard! Y I outha....

*cut off by Draven and explained the whole situation. Marley a man of few feelings almost tears up but holds back*

*in a trumbling voice*

Y little feeellloo....

*clears throat*

Y little fellow I'm sorry to ear that

*puts gun in holster under jacket*

You almost got yourself....

*Draven points or finger over Marley's lips and says, "Not now Marley, this is serious"

Sorry! Well I can round up a couple of my goons and we can go rough'em up!! *smiles*

Then again that would draw to much attention. *looking serious*

Well boss, what you want me to do?

*knowing that BossLady Hayley was a independent lady and liked to handle most matters herself*

*rushed back with his own answer*

How bout I just you all check and find out what actually going on and than you can call me to do the dirty work.

*nods to the Don*

I'll head on back outside and await your orders.

*turns and head out the door*

*thinking to himself, "I know she would've said not to come, but I don't like this"*

*turns opposite from from heading toward the front door and head out the back to the cars*

*hopes his car and pulls out of the HQ, parking down the street near the main street*

*sit and waits on the Draven and the BossLady to ride by heading toward the Bakery*

*pulls his joint from behind his ear, lites, and waits*
Report Post Tip
Hayley just grins at Draven.

"I appreciate you looking out for me. But I can't just sit here and let you do all the work. Not to mention it is my job to protect this city."

Keys in hand she quickly walks to the front door, Draven following closely behind. Remembering the young gangster who is still there, she turns.

"Chrissy, I will do what I can, or at least see what I can find out. You need to find a safe place to hide for a while, and I will get back to you."

She leaves the building, hurrying towards her car in the Angels lot. She sees Marley just sitting in his car, wondering what he is up to. Not having time to think about it, she jumps in. After Draven gets in, she starts the car and takes off towards the bakery.

Turning to Draven. "Now who do you suppose could be causing all this trouble? I don't like seeing my businesses attacked like this. And murdering my friends in this city? I won't have it."

With a pissy look on her face, she drives rather fast. Draven grabs onto the dash, thinking Hayley is a bit crazy when pissed off. She sits quietly, thinking about the situation, and wondering what Hayley has in mind.

They pull up to the bakery, Hayley pulling the car around back.
Report Post Tip
Letting her grasp of the dash board lessen, Draven look over at Hayley and finally breaths. "Damn it Hayley I should have known not to give you the keys. I nearly freaking wet myself ever time you drive angry. Geeze." Draven undid her seat belt quickly letting it recoil into it's holder. Pullling on the door handle she opened the door slowly and turned to Hayley as she did the same.

"Look I don't know who could be doing this I honestly have no idea, but we have to be ready for anything when we walk through that door. Are you?" Draven watched Hayley as she took out her gun and undid the safety. Hayley stepped out of her car and straightened her coat as Draven followed suit unholstering her gun and preparing for anything.

"Draven be careful ok. We need to watch every corner and every shadow. Once we are in we will see if we can get to the bottom of this." Looking around cautiously the two walked through the street and towards the door of the bakery. The icy wind whipped around them as leaves twirled beneath there feet. With every step the two seemed to get more tense as if knowing that something awaited them. Finally reaching the door Draven turned the knob and opened it slightly.

"Ready. Follow me." Draven's words quivered as she tried to steady herself. Opening the door fully she stepped through the threshold and gasped.
Report Post Tip
Gun in the air, Hayley cautiously peers around Draven. She gasps at the scene before her. Chrissy's explanation did no justice to what she saw. The bakery was completely trashed, broken chairs littering the floor, glass everywhere, it was a mess.

As she slowly moved farther into the shop, she saw the blood on the floor, and what appeared to be a women laying face down. Hayley turned towards Draven, a horrified look on her face.

"I think Chrissy failed to mention that his parents were still here. What reason would someone have to do this? It can't be money, I know that these shops don't make a lot."

She surveys the ruined shop, thinking about what to do.

"We definitely need to get someone in here to clean up, and do something with them."

She nods towards the man and women lying on the floor.

"Shall we take a look around, see what we can find?"
Report Post Tip
Parked in the ally. Nicky walks towards the side of the bakery, he notices the windows are smashed out and the place is totaled. Peering in he sees shadows moving around the enterance. He pulls out his weapon, moves behind the trash dumpster and fires three shots into the air

BANG! BANG! BANG!

"Do not fucking move! So help me God I will put a slug in the back of your heads! Drop the guns. Now is not the time to be cute! DROP THE GUNS!"

BANG!

The shadows hear a much closer shot and let their weapons fall to their sides

"Step out, You do not know what kind of mistake you have made hitting this bake.....Chrissy? What the hell happen.....Don Hayley?! My God forgive me! I had no idea it was you. I had stopped by the bakery for some cinnamon buns and saw the place smashed up. I thought you all had done it.

Picking up the Dons and Dravens gun, Nicky turns to Chrissy

"Hey pal, your Mother and Father, they are ok?
Report Post Tip
Still shaken up from the shots fired at her, she looks at Nicky confused at first, then a bit angry.

"What the hell Nicky? Geez, you about gave me a heart attack."

She shakes her head, and takes her gun back.

So I'm guessing Chrissy filled you in? I really have no idea where to even start with this.

She looks over at Draven, who is staring at Nicky.

"Draven, how about you and I check out the back room, and Nicky you see if there is anything helpful in here."
Report Post Tip
"Dead?! Oh Chrissy I am so sorry. Do not worry son, we will find out who did this."

Nicky motions for his bodyguard Rocco, he whispers something to him and sends him on his way. Rocco puts his arm around Chrissy and moves him towards the door.

"It's ok Chrissy, he is going to take you back to our place and let you get cleaned up. There is nothing you can do here, go get some rest kid."

Shaken by the scene, Nicky attempts to compose himself. It is not as if he has never seen death before. But this was senseless. He had visited this bakery a hundred times before, but never like this. Looking around something caught his eye. Moving Christopher's body, Nicky notices empty shotgun shells

"Hayley?! Don Hayley?! Remember the antique Beretta shotgun Christopher kept above the door? It is gone. And check the safe back there, the cash drawer is full. Who ever did this knew what he was doing, and it was personal."
Report Post Tip
Looks up above the door, noticing what Nicky was talking about.

Nick your right. I was thinking this was personal, but I didn't know they had enemies. Chrissy's parents were the sweetest people. I couldn't imagine anyone wanting to harm them.

She thinks about it all for a moment.

You don't think Chrissy had anything to do with it? Its all just a bit strange. And not too many people would know where Christopher kept his shells.

She takes another look around the room, noticing there were only one set of foot prints tracked through the blood.

It is interesting how they didn't take the money. Its almost like it was quick and careless.
Report Post Tip
Draven took a couple steps back looking over at Hayley. She knew by the look on Don Hayley's face that both of them were thinking the same thing.

"Chrissy. I am sorry please remind me how many voices did you hear?" Draven had her gun to her side ready to pull it out at anytime.

"2 voices at least Draven." Chrissy faced Draven with a cold look on his face. His demeanor had changed and his entire stance was different. Draven stepped closer to Hayley acting like she was walking towards the foot prints that Hayley was examining. Never taking her eyes off Chrissy she watched him closely.

"Damn it Draven.." Draven thought to herself. "How the hell do I get outta this one?" Glancing away from Chrissy quickly Draven saw Hayley reaching for her gun. Draven shook her head slightly so as to stop Hayley. She knew that if he saw her getting it out then they were going to be screwed.

Keeping her gun on the trigger Draven stood still as she watched Chrissy carefully. Glancing at Nicky Draven prayed he wouldn't alert him. She didn't know if he knew what was going on. Trying to keep herself relaxed was hard enough let alone. All she could think about was pulling that trigger that her finger was set upon.

"Hayley what did you find?" Chrissy voice rang out like an alarm as he walked towards Don Hayley.
Report Post Tip
Keeping her gun close, Hayley turns to Chrissy.

"Oh nothing, I'm just looking for clues. Haven't found anything that I can use yet."

She peers over his shoulder at Draven, nodding at her gun. Hoping that she gets the hint to keep it on him.

"Chrissy, I wish I knew who did this. It is just so sad."

She glances towards Nicky, wondering if he has caught on.

"So Chrissy, did you see the whole thing happen?"

She notices Chrissy clutching onto his gun.

"Yes Miss Hayley, I did. There were two guys, and they just came in, shot my parents, and destroyed the place."
Report Post Tip
Draven locked eyes with Chrissy, as her finger burned against the trigger on her gun. She stood still unwavering but waiting. Knowing that one wrong move and someone in the room would die she tried to quickly figure out a way that Don Hayley would be safe. Taking a few steps back she observed Chrissy as he walked closer to Hayley. "Surely she wasn't the target of this set up." Draven thoughts rang through her head as she realized that Hayley had to be.

"Chrissy can you show me exactly where the second person stood?" Draven tried to steady her voice that way he didn't get alarmed. She knew if she could just get him to turn his back to them that everyone would walk out safely. She watched as Chrissy held his stance. Their eyes still in a dead lock she knew only moments were left. Suddenly Chrissy moved. Like slow motion she saw his hand move just under his jacket revealing his gun. His hands wrapped around the grip as he pulled out of the brown leather holster. "NO!" Draven raised her arm and her finger instinctively squeezed the trigger.

The shot echoed through the bakery as Chrissy stood aghast briefly. Time stood still for that brief second as Draven fired off a second shot. Watching the bullet penetrate his chest just above where the first shot entered, Draven took a few steps back. Still holding her gun up she watched as Chrissy gun dropped from his grasp. With a sickening thud his body hit the floor. "Draven!" Hayley's voice caused Draven to jump as she lowered her gun back to her side.

Nicky flew across the room and kicked the gun out of Chrissy reach just to be safe. "Don Hayley. Are you ok?" Nicky looked up at Hayley to see her simply nod. Shaking her head, Hayley walked over to Draven and poked her in the arm.

"You ready to go. I don't think there is much left to do here but call the cleaners." Hayley glanced back down at Chrissy and sighed. "Disgusting isn't it? Let's go." Hayley pulled her keys back out and started for the door. The other two followed suit. Draven glanced back briefly as they exited the shop only to turn back and walk through the door.
Report Post Tip
Suddenly, a handsome guy bursts into the scene. He's holding Muqtada by the ass and Muqtada is naked, asking for himself to be romped.

No, Muqtada. I won't arse whump you no matter how many times you beg me to. Who do you think you are?

The handsome guy leaves while Muqtada cries like a wimpy little whorish bitch on the street, still begging to be arse womped.
Report Post Tip
An incredibly handsome guy sees the handsome guy leaving the shop, follows him down a dark alley and arse whumps him.
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Death at the bakery (RP)
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL