Get Timers Now!
X

May 20 - 04:58:50
Page:  1 
Hookahs, Hookers and Coffee Started by: Jasmirane on Jan 26, '14 16:49

Jasmirane walks into the newly purchased location. Across the street was the HQ of Gaius, around the corner were hq's of  Bodie and Godfather Dripple.  

This would be a perfect hangout location for any mafioso at the end of a long day. There have been private rooms added for those who need to discuss matters. There is a place where people can play some poker, A newly developed automated dice machine. There were Hookah lounges along the west wall for those who wanted to smoke a little. There we male and female hookers in the back, nobody would be left out. 

At the front door just off to the right, were some tables and chairs, a coffee bar and stacks of newspapers. Jasmirane had hopes that even people would come both day and night and make this place a success. Just about to open the doors Jasmirane can see the lineup outside beginning to form, time to walk around the place and double check everything was perfect. There was accommodations for any out of town mafioso who need a place to stay. 

The hookah's were all in place, there was tobacco flavors of peach, Strawberry, and apple. There may also be some flavors not listed on the menu.

The hookers were all ready, There was a male or female to suit every need. From a tall brunette named Barb, to the short and sweet blonde named Jamie. 

The coffee bar menu was on the wall, Coffee was free but there was also bagels and sandwiches and booze available. 

Jasmirane Walked into the poker room. The Dealer was at the table waiting on players. 

The dice Machine was up and running. 

Everything was spot on and it was time, Walking over to the electrical panel and flipping the switch that lit up the outside sign. Jasmirane walks over and flips the sign to say open and unlocks the door; Waiting for his first customer to arrive.

Black Bottom Hookah, Hookers and coffee bar. 

Anything you want at anytime, we can provide it. We are you newest full relaxation location. 

Report Post Tip

Phobia walks into the place, admiring all it had to offer. 

"My good friend, I could use a day of relaxation. I think I'm going to start off with a cup of coffee to give me a little booster. I did just crawl out of bed and hit the local bakery before seeing your sign. So let's start off with that and then go on from there. I love your assortment of hookahs as well." 

Report Post Tip

Dean walking into the bar after a long day of work. He takes a sit at the bar

Jasmirane is the booze free?

Dean waits for a reply while staring down the dice machine

Report Post Tip

Jasmirane walks towards Dean, bottle in hand.

"Of course the booze is free. The hookers need to make money though. Dean you'd better watch out for that Dice Machine, it can be mean." 

Jasmirane sits down with Phobia and Dean to pour a *Happy Coffee*. 

Report Post Tip

Frankenstien had just got done watching an awesome movie, he still had time to kill walking down a few blocks he came across a cafe. Frankenstien REALLY loved his coffe. Slipping inside he looked about for someone he recognized and didnt see anyone he grabbed a black coffe and slid into a near by booth. 

flapping the paper out he started scanning the news about the area.

Report Post Tip
Telkin had been called into Detroit urgently by one of his confidential informants, in regards to a snitch. It seemed a local hooligan thought it acceptable to leak some of Telkin's business plans for moving some stolen watches. The people he'd given the information to were friends of Telkin's, and quickly informed him that he needed to fly into Detroit and rough the snitch up a bit. Normally Telkin would have killed him without a second thought, but he had a rare moment of generosity as he let the man go with just a broken leg and bloody nose.

Feeling particularly good about himself for this act, Telkin decided he deserved to rest for a while and perhaps have a few drinks. He didn't know of many places in Detroit other than his bar, but as he walked around the Business District Telkin couldn't help but to pick up the unmistakable scent of fresh brewed coffee. He tilted his head up and sniffed, following the wonderful aroma until he stood outside of a shop "Hookahs, Hookers and Coffee". Grinning curiously, Telkin walked in immediately and took a look around. He didn't recognize anyone, but that didn't stop him from taking a seat next to a rather impressive looking hookah.

Telkin couldn't wipe the smile from his face as all the scents combined, smoke from the hookahs, the coffee which was surely brewing in the back, the delicious aroma of buns and other baked goods in the oven. Telkin pulled a cigarette from his pocket and lit it, puffing away on it slowly while he waited for someone to come take his order.
Report Post Tip

Jasmirane stood over by the Dice Machine, he noticed a couple of unfamiliar faces walk in the joint. Deciding to sit back for a couple moments and watch to see how best to serve both customers. Jasmirane noticed one man reading the paper, grabbing a bottle he walks over.

"Hello and welcome to Detroit, would you like something a little stronger in your coffee?"

Jasmirane sees another man he does not recognize, clearly this man is from out of town, he is trimmed out in blue. Most of the people around here are trimmed out in purple. Jasmirane grabs an ashtray and heads over to the man. Sure he was from out of town and possibly hungry he also grabs a menu. 

"welcome to Detroit, here is a menu. May I suggest the Steak. Will you be here for long, we have accommodations available if you need a place to stay. 

Report Post Tip

After a long and hard two days Tokyo decided things had slowed down enough and she deserved a drink....or a bottle. She walked the streets of her new home of Detroit looking into the windows of the closed stores, listening to the traffic on the street. It was all very different from Chicago even though the cities weren't that far in distance. Nothing compared to Las Angeles to New York City. Though, even the chatter in the back alleys had a certain contrast compared to Chicago. 

Having all these changes happen to her and the crew she was responsible for happening in a different city, in a new place, she was excited about the future. Tokyo felt a little knot in her chest as she thought about her time spent in Chicago. She had grown up there, well, as much as a zombie could grow up. She had also gotten some of her humanity back there. Hopefully she wouldn't lose it again or she'd probably end up eating that JesseJames.

Tokyo strolled along the streets lost in her own thoughts. Though, she realized a lot of the places of business were closed. Though, it looked like lights of an open sign was up one more block. Approaching it Tokyo read the sign, Black Bottom Hookah, Hookers and Coffee bar. She ducked inside, out of the cold. 

She was surprised to see Jasmirane behind the counter. They had exchanged a few messages earlier that day. It was nice to be welcomed into the city, yes Tokyo had made a good decision. 

Hi. I'd like a coffee with rum.

Report Post Tip

A man, or woman, or maybe even a dog standing upright walks quickly through the streets of Detroit. You can't exactly tell what it is as their entire face is wrapped with a cloak while they dodge the hustle and bustle of the city life by weaving their way in and out of back alleys, never approaching anyone by more than a few feet and constantly keeping tabs on who is behind them. They finally duck down one last alley before quickly opening up the door to a brand new establishment they had recently been told about through the grape-vine, which was usually the only way they ever heard of anything seeing how physically talking to people wasn't exactly their strong suit.

Before the door is fully open a man pushes into him, the cloak becomes slightly unraveled and the man sees his face for only a brief moment, but the brief moment is more than enough. His mouth widens as he mutters a few lines which go greatly unnoticed by the figure, who in turn pulls out a gun and unloads a few bullets into the poor man's skull.

"You can never be too careful."

Their voice is coarse and slow, and definitely coming from a male - he then begins to drag the dead body behind the building, once he is happy with the placement and entirely sure it is completely out of view, he lets the corpse go and calls up one of his friends. They know exactly what to do once everything is explained to them, as they've done this kind of thing hundreds of times by now. Before leaving and entering the establishment, he cuts off one of the dead man's fingers and puts it into his pocket. He knows someone who enjoys this sort of thing...

Gathering himself he walks back to the front of the place and swings open the door, looking around he notices the person he was looking for and sits next to Tokyo as he lifts up his hand and calls over someone to take his order. He wasn't very good at talking and hoped the hand signal was good enough, as he begins to rattle off his order.

"I'll take a drink, anything really... doesn't matter to me. Oh, and Zombi."

He pulls out the dismembered finger and slides it over to her, making sure he had removed the ring before giving it to her - last time he forgot, the ring was in a very dark place for a few hours before anyone could retrieve it to sell. Funnily enough, nobody is in the market for rings which are partially destroyed thanks to zombie gastric acid.

Report Post Tip

Vince walked in, looking around at his new home.  It had been a long time since his family had last come to the streets of Detroit.  He walked over to the coffee bar, ordering himself a coffee, and a bagel

Report Post Tip

Ronald is in Detroit for a business dealing that is proving far more frustrating than he had anticipated and needed to relax. A keen business man himself, he is drawn to an establishment with an interesting premise. Hookahs, Hookers, and Coffee. Brilliant.

The place is understandably packed. Among the more predictable patrons are a few characters. One person has their faced wrapped with a cloak and another appears to be deceased. Running a pale hand through his bright red hair Ronald breathes a sigh of relief; he doesn't feel like such a freak suddenly.

He makes his way over to the coffee bar and turns to the owner. His harlequin features spread into a rather unsettling smile.

Top notch establishment you have here my friend! I'm sure you will become a flagship of the Detroit business district.

I suppose I'll have an espresso and a stout and a hookah. Do you have anything minty?

Report Post Tip

Jasmirane walks into his establishment, just back from a business trip abroad. Someone had to pick up all the supplies. Walking in he sees a few familiar faces. There are also some people he doesn't know. He see's a clown with red hair, this man's picture has been posted all over the country. He walks over, "Welcome, of course we have mint products. We have Peppermint, spearmint and wintermint. Take your pick and please enjoy." 

Jasmirane see's Vince_DiMartelli sitting at the bar. He is calm, cool and collected. Nobody realizes he was posted here in Jasmiranes absence, just to make sure all went well during the business trip. 

Jasmirane goes out to the car and grabs on more armload of goods, a special treat for his customers. Premium steaks and lobsters will now be offered. 

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Ronald nods to Jasmirane, gathers his beverages and heads over to where an attendant is setting up a hookah for him. He sits directly on the floor beside it. Taking a few long pulls once it's good and hot, he slowly blows the smoke out of his nose and casually scans the crowd. It's a bigger and more diverse group than he anticipated. Growing up in New York had given him a skewed perception of the Midwest. Detroit is clearly on its way up.

He stands, clears his throat and raises his glass of stout to the gathered crowd, spilling some of the milky head.

I would like to propose a toast to your fine city. I have visited a few times now and I am consistently impressed. There is a lot of talent and potential here. The same culture that inspired the assembly line has turned the Motor City into a ruthless efficient profit machine. I'm eager to see what will come next from such a diverse pool of entrepreneurs.

The period after a war is always full of growth and renewal. You all have done an excellent job and are an inspiration to those of us from other cities.

To Detroit!

Report Post Tip

As JayDogg walks the streets after a long flight back from Chicago, he notices his old friend Jasmirane has opened up a new establishment in the neighbourhood. Bustling with people, he can't resist himself and swings open the doors to find a few familiar faces amoung the crowd.

JayDogg grabs a newspaper and heads over to a quiet table at the back.

"Jasmirane, old friend, i hope all is well for you and you've certinately done a fine job in this place"

"I've just arrived back from Chicago so could do with a nice hot coffee please, make it strong!"

JayDogg waits patiently as his eyes wander over towards a fine looking lass in the back, he jingles his coins in his pocket and contemplates whether he can afford her or not.

Report Post Tip

After raising a glass to Detroit with his new friend from Chicago. Jasmirane sees Jaydogg eyeing up one of the girls, he noticed that although constantly looking he isn't moving over to see her. Jasmirane approaches Jaydogg, "This one is on the house. Have fun."

As they wonder off Jasmirane head behind the bar to Pour another whiskey.

Report Post Tip

ButcherKnifeFabiano walks in and heads straight to the bar and takes a seat. I think ill have a whiskey sour please. While waiting for his whiskey sour to be poured,he ask Jasmirane if Jamie was available? 

Report Post Tip

The historical archives at the Detroit Public Library kept copies of the Detroit Tribune.  Larry was on the lookout for some good background information on the coffee shop culture in Detroit and had a couple of leads about places to go.  One was the Marlowe Mocha Tales and the other was the competing Eve’s Espresso Expedition.  Larry made some notes from both where they had reviewed the same places.
First on Larry’s list was Hookahs, Hookers and Coffee.

“Three star coffee, five star attentiveness” said Marlowe

“They sell coffee?” said Eve

Larry walked in and took a look around.  The décor was a little dated, the flocked wallpaper was curling at some edges, showing signs of disrepair in others.  The whole place just seemed…flaccid.  Larry sat down and asked for a plain black coffee.  It appeared pretty quickly from a scantily clad waitress, showing a few more wrinkles than the management would have liked.  She asked Larry if there was anything else he’d like but the sandwich selection wasn’t particularly appealing so he declined.

He could imagine what Eve had found distracting about the premises but things had changed since her time in the city.  The floor and tables felt sticky so he resisted the urge to put his notebook down.

Hookahs, Hookers and Coffee – Tired, outdated and missing a certain je ne sais quoi. May have been the height of decadence in the past but too much emphasis on the other aspects rather than coffee.  Entertainment is maybe five hoops out of ten, coffee is four hoops out of ten.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Detroit Business District
Replying to: Hookahs, Hookers and Coffee
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL