Get Timers Now!
X

May 02 - 06:42:54
Game Suggestions
0 Watchers
Page:  1 
Drug Tips Started by: Furio_Giunta_Jr on Jan 01, '09 16:56
I use the tips on occasion and a lot of the time I don't get information that is useful to me at all. Mainly because I'm not looking to buy but sell.

So how about implementing a way to only get a tip on drugs you need. Like if you need to find coke at a high price you let the FBN agent know your looking for coke or if your looking for cheap Barbs then he tells you where to find it.

Maybe the price of the tip goes up if your looking for a specific drug just as if you were really looking for information on a certain thing you usually have to pay more.
Report Post Tip
I definitly agree with you. It's hard to find the drug price you need to buy or sell because usully it's going to give you the price for the one you don't need. I've lost alot of money by trying to guess what city is selling it high or low if it was'nt on the tips, and it's mostly not.

It would be easier and less fustrating to get the price for the one you need, not the one you don't need and it's just a waste of your money.
Report Post Tip
i agree, say 150% for a specific drug?

or maybe the price changes for each drug?
Report Post Tip
Yeah like usully Cocain is the highest price, then Herion, then Barbiturates. So if you were a Made Man and the price is $10,000 for the regular tips, it would be maybe $10,250 for Barbiturates, $10,500 for Herion, and $10,750 for Cocain.
Report Post Tip
i was thinking more along the lines of 15,000 for cocaine, 14000 for heroin, 12000 for barbs etc..
Report Post Tip
Yeah that also works, though it should'nt be too expensive. I think that the prices you said are fair though. This would save alot of money, and help alot of players.
Report Post Tip
I agree with this one (funny, I could almost get a sence of dejavu reading it ;P).

ATM, the tip is so random that you are far better off just looking for the information on IRC or via MMs. This isn't too bad for players with lots of friends or who use IRC, but I have heard from a number of young/new users that they don't feel comfortable asking for drug prices in MMs and that they don't use IRC (I haven't yet been able to figure out why they might feel asking for drug prices isn't ok, but I'll get there).

It does mean that a family will benefit if they are able to maintain an active drug thread in the HQ, but the tip facility would be a big benefit for users during quiet periods or where they are members of small families.
Report Post Tip
This is a nice idea, but too easy in my opinion. You mention increasing the buy value for this information, but not to expensive. There is only a win/win situation then. Making anything easier takes away the challenge of so many things.

Raking in large sums of money through these drug runs whereby one member in a family may purchase this information and many may use it. This in turn would increase the amounts of cash circulating. I like money as much as the next earner, but I don't want it fed to me with such ease.
Report Post Tip
maybe its a good idea to just post the drug tables on a regular bases, so everyone can see what the prices are and where they are. That means good money for all of us
Report Post Tip
I see where you're coming from Mickey, but if a family is large and the members are on IRC.. it's all info that's easily obtainable anyway.

By making it available from the 'tips' section, it just opens it up to all the users and not just the ones on IRC or with a large number of friends.
Report Post Tip
It's a good idea, because the tips are so random they are mostly the prices for the drugs that you don't need. And after a while you start loosing alot of money by getting the prices that's not the ones you need.
Report Post Tip

And after a while you start loosing alot of money by getting the prices that's not the ones you need

Well, not sure I agree with this.

For the vast majority, the tip will be a last resort. It's much better to us a HQ drug price thread, to MM members of your family or to ask on IRC for drug prices. The only problem I see with the currect 'tip' is that it won't be used, because of the randomness it's of little benefit a large % of the time.

By having it more focused, with a very large additional cost, it might be able to assist the small number of users who can't/won't/don't avail of the other options.
Report Post Tip
You can ask other people in your family but alot of times they'll probily ignore you. And also some HQ's drug price threads are'nt very active.
Report Post Tip

Game Suggestions
Replying to: Drug Tips
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL