Get Timers Now!
X

May 20 - 09:04:50
Page:  1 
Motor City Dancing Started by: Anna on Feb 07, '14 01:21

Running an entertainment establishment was in Anna's blood. Her mother had owned The Red Rose over in Chicago, a beautifully managed restaurant that Anna intended at some point to clean up, redecorate, and bring back to life following the heinous massacre that'd occured there just before the death of her mother; waiting staff beaten to death for information on their bosses whereabouts and her beloved Chef's throat slit with his own vegetable knife for setting fire to the office.

Since her move to Detroit, Anna herself had been brainstorming the perfect business venture for herself. Something she could take on and establish with passion and love. One day, it hit her; a dance hall!

She remembered a trip to England with her aunt several years earlier, to visit family. The beautiful young women, the handsome young men, dancing together, sneaking a cigarette and a kiss, sometimes a little more. The band playing in the corner, the singers. The happiness in the air. She'd been snuck in to this particular hall by an older cousin. She'd remembered dancing with a young farm hand, who'd spun her around the room like the floor was ice.

The decision made, she set about securing herself suitable premises; a local church had long been burned to the ground. The land having been cleared, and with no plans to rebuild the church, the hall beside it falling quickly into disrepair, Anna made the decision to purchase it for the nominal price asked by the landowner.

Using a builders union ran by a distant uncle, she soon had the remains of the church cleared, the hall repaired and extended, and the rest of the land split between a parking lot, and a garden, with a fountain in the middle and several benches dotted around.

The inside had been transformed. All references to Deities had been stripped, as had the old seating that had occupied the hall for years. Any nod to the old usage of the hall was entirely gone, and once the room had been left bare, she transformation had begun.

The carpet of the past had been replaced with a hard wood floor, shined and buffered and polished within an inch of it's life, so that it reflected back upon the ceiling; softly lit, the centerpiece being a dim chandelier, casting a soft ambiance over the room. On either side of the door, a red carpeted staircase led up the stairs to the balcony, a place for those with two left feet - much like her own, to sit, relax and enjoy the dancing below, served by its own bar. A stage stood at the end of the hall, set up for the first ever band to play from. Tables occupied the edges of the room, with chairs around them, forming a dance floor in the middle.

The last step had been the sign on the door. Gold lettering, reading 'Motor City Dancing', softly lit by a candle, signifying the dance hall being open.

Looking around her with satisfaction, Anna nodded to the door man, sat at a small desk beside the door, waiting to collect the entry fee of $3 from each customer. Standing up, he pushed the door open just as the band began to play its first songs.

(background music)

Report Post Tip

Ted walks in and hands the man at the door $3 and said,

"Is the bartender any good?"

The man nodded, and says,

"I think so, but I only drink beer."

Ted nods back, and says,

"Thank you friend."

Ted walks over to the bar puts $5 on the table and says,

"I'll have a boilermaker please." :D

After getting his drink, ted walks and sits down at a table just happy to hear a live band.

Report Post Tip

Sycho entered the door handing a five spot to the door man as he passes.

“Not bad.” He thinks to himself.

Stopping just past the stairs he surveys the room. He catches a few eyes staring at him in his new white zoot suit.  The triple platinum chain hangs off the right hip with the longest one reaching just below the knee. His long black hair coming down to mid back was almost unheard of these days on a man.  The white fedora fit well, helping to frame the face and add intensity to his bright blue eyes.

He has done well for himself and come a long way from that day Anna found him in the street lifting purses off little old ladies.

Sycho slides his hand in to the inside pocket of his suit pulling out a silver cigarette case. Removing one he closes the case and gently taps the butt on the case as he continues to scope out the place.  Placing the smoke between his lips he returns the case to the inside pocket and pulls out a lighter.  With a flick of the wrist too fast to follow the lid is open and the flame is kissing the end of the cigarette.  With one fluid motion the lighter is closed and returned to the inside pocket.

With his left hand in his waist pocket and the right gently holding the cigarette Sycho begins slowly walking around the room looking for that perfect dame to give him what he needs tonight.  As he moves around the floor he spots one or two that show promise but nothing that jumps out at him.  With the desire building he finds an empty table and takes a sit facing the dance floor.  One last time he scans the room hoping he wouldn’t have to just settle for a babe that really didn’t know what she was doing.

There is a soft touch on his left shoulder, every muscle in his body tenses.

“Who is this? How did they get behind me without me noticing?” His mind races through the questions as a small black gloved hand slides over his shoulder moving to the center of his chest.

“Looking for someone?”  She whispers in his ear, less than an inch away he can feel the warmth of her breath on his ear and neck.  The little hairs on the back of his neck tingle and stand on end.

Quickly regaining his composure he replies “I could be.  Why don’t you come around here and join me.”

There was no room for discussion in his voice; he gently takes her hand leading her around in front of him and into the chair at his side. Boy was she a looker; his eyes could hardly believe what they were taking in.  She was well built and had a perfect hourglass figure, the black dress she had on fit in the exact right spots to show off ever curve.  The top had a fairly low cut teasing at the idea of seeing more but never showing too much.  The dress ended just below the knees letting one see the silky smooth skin of the calves before they transformed into ankles and smoothly slipping into those three inch black heels.  He wasn’t sure if she was what he needed but she was defiantly easy on the eyes.

“I think I may have found the person I was looking for.  What brings you to this place?” He leans back in his chair and reaches for his silver cigarette case.

“I come to dance of course, what about you?” She gives a small grin.

The tiny smirk she gives is intoxicating and she knew it.  She had one of those smiles that had men tripping over themselves to give her whatever she wants.  Sycho returned the cigarette case to its pocket and stands.  He holds out his hand waiting for hers.  Her hand gently lands on his and he pulls her to her feet.  He turns and with her at his side walks out onto the dance floor.

The night flashed by in a whirl of twirling dresses and spinning feet.  The woman in black had an elegant grace about her, she moved so smooth it was almost as if she never touched the ground.  The hour was early and the sun would be coming up soon.  Sycho said his farewells to the lady in black never giving his name and never getting hers.

Leaving the dance hall and stepping out onto the street Sycho pulls out his silver case and casually taps the butt of a cigarette on the case while thinking about the nights events. 

“It’s going to be days before the sore muscles heal.” He whispers to himself as he lights the cigarette.

He starts moving to the car while thinking about the woman in black.  He came here with a desire and a need he didn’t think could be fixed.  He’s addiction to dancing is sometimes hard to satisfy, but that dame knew just how to move.  He knew he would be back soon, maybe even run into the lady in black again.

Report Post Tip

NealCaffrey was in town and had some spare time on his hands. Not really certain what he wanted to do he decided to wonder down to the business district of Detroit. After what seemed like endless walking and endless searching he stumbled upon a building with many finely dressed people entering through the front door. He looked down at himself wearing a suit he wasn't dressed to poorly so he ventured over. As he got closer he saw the sign 

Motor City Dancing

He walked up and approched the door where he saw a lady collecting money. He handed her a five dollar bill and spoke

So what is this place all about? 

Report Post Tip

As the dance hall started to fill on the opening night, Anna looked around the crowd for faces she recognized, hoping to see some familiar ones dotted about there. First noting ted, a Capo she recognized from trips to New York City, she slid over to the bartender, and quietly informed him that ted's next drink would be on the house. It was good for business, in her opinion, to ensure the comfort of her fellow mobkind. The value of their custom was never to be underestimated.

She'd next spotted Sycho, dancing with a lady she recognized as the daughter of one of the lawyers she frequently called on to help her out of various scrapes. 'Those two are damned good together', she thought, making a mental note to pass on her number to Sycho next time she saw him - disturbing him now would just ruin a good thing - and be sure he knew that champagne would await them should he bring her on a date here.

She'd just ordered herself a glass of wine from the bar when she spotted NealCaffrey come through the door. Walking over to him, she set her wine down on the table before touching him lightly on the elbow.

Mr Caffrey, it's nice to see you out here! Business lead you to Detroit this evening? I hope you're enjoying your stay in the Motor city. How about we leave your coat in the cloakroom and get you a drink? We have plenty of pretty ladies in here tonight, I'm sure you'll find someone to dance with in no time.

Report Post Tip

Neal listened to Anna speak. The way she held herself showed him that she was very proud of her business in Detroit and she was very happy to have it. He took off his coat and and handed it to the man collecting them. He looked towards Anna. 

"Alright, a drink sounds quite nice will you be joining me?" 

He took a second to take a look around. He noticed there was quite a few very pretty girls that caught his eye. It seemed what was here was a great place. He might really enjoy it.

"So how about that drink?" 

Report Post Tip

Detroit Business District
Replying to: Motor City Dancing
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL