Get Timers Now!
X

May 02 - 02:21:49
Game Suggestions
0 Watchers
Page:  1 
Admin Godfathers Started by: AwesomeRourke on Jan 06, '09 11:59
Back in the old days, each city had a Godfather. An admin-made Godfather account that just sat there and looked pretty. I believe that it is in the best interest of everybody, for some unspecified reason, for this to be the case again. Except, obviously, where a 'real' Godfather is already in place.

Now, the purpose of this is simple. When a player reaches the requirements needed for a promotion to Godfather, they have to do the little button-clicking exercise that is done now, where they have to decide whether or not to shoot the hypothetical Godfather of the city. Except with my suggestion, this Godfather is not hypothetical. He be real. And when choosing to shoot him, you actually shoot him. If you fail, you don't get the rank. If you succeed, you do.

Oh, and one of the Godfathers should be called "Awesome".

Mkthanxbye.

With lots of love, hugs, and kisses,

- AwesomeRourke
Report Post Tip
Emmmmm, isn't this already the case?

The current godfather of Philly is Anita. An admin made godfather that just sits there and looks pretty (as Anita always did tbh ;P).

I can't see what is in your suggestion that isn't already in place, but do correct me if I'm wrong.
Report Post Tip
The names are there, but the account itself isn't.

But good point. I forgot about that. Excellent. First step is complete. Next step; rename one of them 'Awesome'.
Report Post Tip
I thought that Godfathers were not admin made. I know Scotland was'nt and I don't think Anita was.
Report Post Tip
Anita, Scotland and all of the other 'Godfathers', other than our current Godmother Marietta, are characters from previous 'versions' of the game (e.g. Anita was GF up until the game was reset).

Where they are listed as the godfather of a city, this is an admin created character (which uses a name used by real players from the past) which will fullfil the suggestion put forward by Awesome above.
Report Post Tip
Hmmmm

Ganelon

Anita

Scotland

Ellis

Tiggy

These are all people offhand who were GFs in the past - or super close, but died right before, or the site died before it happened.

Any ideas on the others?
Report Post Tip
I'd say Evsie deserves to stay on the basis he had a total stranglehold on the game, I'm willing to bet he'd have gotten GF (had he not succumbed to boredom)

I'm not trying to be a dick, but I'd say if they died as a result of a reset or other unfortunate non-gameplay related accident then they're to be on the list...but if you start including people that died in 'open' game play as a result of wars, you'd start getting shit loads of people coming out of the woodwork.

"Oh I was pretty much bound to get GF, but then some guy shot me" and that sort of thing. Actually, it would probably make more sense to change the names of the people who didn't actually achieve GF to the people who were running the city at the time of the last rest, when Anita died.

So Scotland, Anita and Marietta...plus the other 4 CL's at the time of the last reset...if you have recordS?
Report Post Tip
No... "Awesome". That's the most important part of the suggestion... :/
Report Post Tip

Game Suggestions
Replying to: Admin Godfathers
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL