Get Timers Now!
X

May 03 - 11:24:15
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
Detroit open for Business? It's confirmed. Started by: Cantillon on Feb 18, '14 02:28

The days had seemed like weeks, the hours like days and minutes more like hours. Cantillons beard was rugged he felt the time lag but his ageing seemed to take place just like normal. He stepped into his kitchen and made himself a coffee, snapping at anyone who tried to greet him… He lost a lot of good friends yesterday and although he did what he had to do, didn’t mean he wanted to do it.

Later that day he walked into Head Quarters and made his appearance to his family and friends to give them the long awaited reasons to why this sad day had to come…

When Don Toy Armadillo took auth in Chicago under Jake Luciano we had just left Don Bips family, she had granted me permission to become his top adviser and join his family. Bips main adviser was Dripple at the time and before we had left we were all a very close knit family. Bip moved to Detroit to try and make something out of herself there and Toy Armadillo moved to New York to make a name for himself. They both built their cities with blood, sweat and down right hard work…

Bip took the rank of Godfather, taking a small group of close advisers and leaving Dripple to take the reigns on construction of the district while she sat and observed over the rest of the city. Toy Armadillo took Godfather and did the same in New York, letting me take over his family and build more relations and carry on his work.

We all started off as the roots of a tree and grew higher than any other tree near us, we covered such a distance but the roots were never forgotten, we all played a part in the development of this organisation and we don’t forget our roots.

Eventually trees start to rot and the only way to keep the tree from falling is to prune off anything that is rotting and that will save the tree. We saved this tree yesterday but we had to prune things we didn't want to prune and that’s the bottom line.

While Dripple and myself went on to respectively take on Godfather roles in our districts we found ourselves either having already lost a strong link or losing a strong link that we knew bound us together…

With Godfather Bip recently deceased and Godfather Toy Armadillo set to retire, New York didn't feel safe with certain individuals within the Detroit area especially Gaius who has shown as much disdain for his own people as he has to outsiders. We had two choices…One was to sit tight and hope that some sort of connection still stood among us and that we might be able to coincide OR to attack Detroit and be certain of New York’s prolonged survival in ‘this thing of ours’.

This decision was made by the city as a whole, we had all expressed our concerns on the matter and talked it out what we thought the outcomes would be and all we could see was death and despair. If Detroit had of attacked us there would have been a large amount of causalities on both sides, so we assembled the GOAT squad and took down Detroit and it was a Tier 1 success. Any leader, anyone that would call themselves responsible for other peoples lives, wouldn't be able to make any other choice.

Report Post Tip

Jeddy wakes up from his night-long hibernation at the Brooklyn Banditos headquarters. As he gets up he stares at the poster on his wall,"WORK HARDER COMRADEemblazoned across it. As he leaves his room and heads down to the pantry he notices that no one is here. As he goes to his salmon blueberry steak leftover from last night he hears the phone ring.

Jeddy goes to the phone and answers it, "Hello?"

He recognized the voice at the other end of the line as comrade JohnnyNoname, "Glad you woke up, we need you to notify the other families out on the streets about why we took out Detroit. We left the statement on the counter, memorize it. Also I ate your steak, it was going to be a long day."

"Woah wait what? We took out Detroit?" Jeddy says, "Is that confirmed?"

Comrade JohnnyNoname responds, "That's a tier one confirmation."

Jeddy hung up the phone and grabbed the paper, he went back to his room to put on his most FABULOUS suit and left the Brooklyn Banditocompound and goes out to the streets.

Jeddy takes a family car and drives down to one of Brooklyn's many popular clubs where a small crowd of those instantly recognizable as being in this thing of ours were gathering. Jeddy parks the vehicle and walks up to the entrance of the club and says,

"Hello, comrades. It is with such FABULOUSNESS that I am saddened to announce that today we needed to clean house in Detroit. Truth be told, our comrade, Godfather ToyArmadillo is the only person that kept the peace between NeYork and Detroit. With news that comrade ToyArmadillo had intentions to retire, it was decided to launch an assault on Detroit before we ourselves were attacked."

Pausing for a moment to let that information sink into the heads of the crowd he continues,

"Other representatives of NeYork will be arriving here shortly to answer any questions you may have, ask them now if you have any and I will relay it to them."

Report Post Tip
In all honesty, I was quite disappointed by the "fight" Detroit put up.

If you're gonna die and hope is all but lost, you make the other side hurt as much as you can. You don't wait until you're picked off one by one, fucking shoot someone! Take something, don't just be another +1!

Fucking bah!

Anyways, this was a rather smooth takedown....no shit, right?
Report Post Tip

i think this war was crap Detroit  did not know noting about it. and i was off like when  the  sneak attack  took place so

i think this war was just about ego. and was uncallled for a lot of death for noting at all. my crew was whiped out  for nothing at

all if  new york and a problem with the GF of Detroit  then they soould have just dealt with him not people  that hand noting to

do with it. to me the war was disgraceful and i feel bad for all my crew and others that died for noting at all.

Report Post Tip

Vito, my mother died last night, with Detroit.

Yes, they knew nothing about it. Because it was a war. If a city or a group has their plans of warring leaked and the other side has prior knowledge, somebody somewhere, fucked up. War here is about sneak attacks, not planning at a pre-arranged time and place to meet and do battle. Getting the first strike in is often what tips the scales in the favour of one side over the other, and although I do not believe that a Detroit attack on New York would've been imminent upon the retirement of ToyArmadillo, I do believe that were Detroit to have made that decision, the power of Dripple's gun alone in a first wave would have changed the playing field somewhat. It may not have lead to a Detroit win, but it would've been a different ball game.

With that in mind, New York did what they felt they had to do to ensure the safety of their own. It may not have been a decision they wanted to make, it may have been a decision that they had been chomping at the bit to make, but it was one that they clearly felt they had to make.

Do I think that either ToyArmadillo or Dripple wanted to be the ones to allow their cities to put aside the friendship between the two and go to war? Not for a second.

But I know that in the past, Godfather Dripple was involved in making decisions that by his own admission, he made because the safety of his people was more important to him than anything else. If the reason, as it appears and as is quite logical for it to be, that New York decided to do the same thing, to make a decision that they may not have been delighted to make in order to do what they felt they needed to to protect their own people, then fair play to them.

My line knows better than most that sometimes, you have to make difficult decisions to do what you feel is right, and to try to protect the people who have pledged their loyalties to you.

New York have done that tonight. To all intents and purposes, it appears to have worked.

Rest in peace to the fallen, and on behalf of my mother, thank you Detroit.

Report Post Tip

Ohhhhhhh VitoAndolini such passion such anger yes yesssssss let it fuel you only your anger and hate will make you strong turn to the darkside of the force we have Chocolate Chip Cookies so decadent they are.

With that out of the way Vito i would be very very surprised if there was no threat heard this place has more leaks then a sive TBH.

Now i am sure the late DeadlyspikeS and Cantona would have liked a Heads up from Dibble about there up coming Takedowns but that is not how it works around here and i am sure Dibble and his Upper structure knew this.

Report Post Tip

i think this war was crap Detroit  did not know noting about it. and i was off like when  the  sneak attack  took place so

i think this war was just about ego. and was uncallled for a lot of death for noting at all. my crew was whiped out  for nothing at

all if  new york and a problem with the GF of Detroit  then they soould have just dealt with him not people  that hand noting to

do with it. to me the war was disgraceful and i feel bad for all my crew and others that died for noting at all.

Vito said it all, buncha wack happy people who their "leaders" let run wild. Detroit now has no leaders any people who move in from NY are posers and don't deserve the word leader uttered around them as they have no control of their people. They are less then nothing not even deserving of having their names spoken and I pray someone shoots every last one of them soon the world will be better for it as trash has no place in the upper structure of this world and obviously theres some there now. 

Report Post Tip

And let the crying commence....

Report Post Tip

Im not crying im stating a fact the "leaders" cant control their people worth a damn, and if thats the case they have no business leading anything. Period.

Report Post Tip

I am pretty sure a leader just stated their reasons for war. Is that not control enough for you? The fact that a leader went to war and their people didn't fire pop shots randomly like a rogue does. Pretty sure that classifies as control of their people. Just saying.

Report Post Tip

Vito said it all, buncha wack happy people who their "leaders" let run wild. Detroit now has no leaders any people who move in from NY are posers and don't deserve the word leader uttered around them as they have no control of their people. They are less then nothing not even deserving of having their names spoken and I pray someone shoots every last one of them soon the world will be better for it as trash has no place in the upper structure of this world and obviously theres some there now. 

This is so simple it's infuriating. Your anger has clouded even your most fundamental reasoning and have resorted to verbal attacks because what you say makes absolutely no sense. But since whoever took your ancestor into their HQ did a shit job of teaching you how this world works, I'll give you a quick lesson.

First, you work for bosses so they protect you. You pay them, they buy bodyguards and train their hitters, and that let's you toil in peace. Mutual aversion to conflict between leaders extends that protection beyond your district. Let me repeat that. Mutual aversion to conflict between leaders extends that protection. So that means, when one leader (or group of leaders) decides that they want to break their little unspoken agreement, it is now wholly your leader's job to protect you (since that was the agreement you set up with him/her when you entered their HQ). When all those leaders get shot in a hail of gunfire, there's no one around to do much protecting, now is there? The only two people in this world responsible for protecting you are your boss and yourself.

So, when your boss gets killed it is entirely up to you to protect yourself. If you die, it is solely your fault. Any protection extended to unsponsored individuals is an act of undeserved mercy, for which you should be grateful. The leaders who destroyed Detroit have no responsibility to protect anyone therein, and it's been "tradition" in this world for too fucking long to do so. We put such a huge emphasis on joining the right crew and staying loyal to them, and not letting anyone leave except in a coffin, but then all that get's tossed out the window because the leader died? It's stupid fucking shit, and I'm tired of it. You can either have absolute loyalty (where everyone gets killed in wars) or our society needs to legitimately accept changing loyalties (which is idiotic and will never happen).

Now that you understand what a leader does, this conclusion will make more sense: the leaders of Detroit were the ones who failed. If you can't protect your people, you have failed as a leader. Protecting your members is literally the sole responsibility of a crew leader. The leaders of NY who allowed their men to shoot the cannon fodder didn't break any rules, didn't threaten their own families, and didn't dishonor anything. It is, once again, an absurd notion to suggest that the ATTACKING city has some obligation to protect the people they're killing. I can't even believe anyone would try to defend that stance when it's so glaringly idiotic. Maybe I'm being a bit harsh, but you came out here and disrespected my city for plowing Detroit. The NY leaders are alive, so I'd say they're doing something right. Maybe instead of bitching about them, you could learn a thing or two about how to run things effectively. 

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $50,000 Tip

"You don't know shit, obviously.  Especially the part where we are going to send people into DT and everyone there will be 'posers'. If it were for Detroit, we'd have people there. But alas! We don't. If you're going to talk, at least make it something that you have the slightest idea about."

Report Post Tip

whoever took your ancestor into their HQ did a shit job of teaching you how this world works, I'll give you a quick lesson.

No lesson needed, I've actually probably been around longer on and off then you have, thinking your opinion matters on how I conduct myself in my family is very arrogant but after reading the whole of your speech i'll reply to whats worth my time.

I understand perfectly what a leader does, they act in the best interest of their family however this comment "If you die, it is solely your fault." Is utter bullshit an hour after the leaders of a city are dead gun happy idiots are still shooting thats endangering THEIR members as well as the homeless, maybe you forgot what wackback is.

Finally

you came out here and disrespected my city for plowing Detroit. 

I don't hate N.Y. there was a clear failure of leadership in allowing killing to go on after the familys in question were dead, it amounted to random wacking and that has always been a HQ wackable offense in any respectable crew. I put the responsibility for that random wacking where it belongs on the CLs who allowed it to continue after the war could have been over. Its the equivalent to a government surrendering and then bombing the civilians after the surrender papers are signed.

Report Post Tip

No lesson needed, I've actually probably been around longer on and off then you have, thinking your opinion matters on how I conduct myself in my family is very arrogant but after reading the whole of your speech i'll reply to whats worth my time.

That's very worrying. 

If your bloodline has been around here a long time and still throws it's toys out the pram like this or thinks anybody gives a shit who's on vacation, I frankly worry very deeply for the rest of us.

Is utter bullshit an hour after the leaders of a city are dead gun happy idiots are still shooting thats endangering THEIR members as well as the homeless, maybe you forgot what wackback is.

We all take risks honey. If hitters wanna keep hitting... that's a risk they are obviously happy to take. Wackback is a risk most hitters will happily take. And lets be honest, while most of Detroit fell, there were still leaders fighting.

I don't hate N.Y. there was a clear failure of leadership in allowing killing to go on after the familys in question were dead, it amounted to random wacking and that has always been a HQ wackable offense in any respectable crew. I put the responsibility for that random wacking where it belongs on the CLs who allowed it to continue after the war could have been over. Its the equivalent to a government surrendering and then bombing the civilians after the surrender papers are signed.

You really are talking out of your backside now. I can't think of any nicer way to put it than that. 

If you are not protected by a protection order when your crew leader is dead, you are a legitimate target, and there is nothing HQ wackable about being killed as a legitimate target.

Now, if you were under a protection order - different story. But it is not random wacking to mop up the remnants of a city before a protection order is put in place. If your mother was killed outside of that, you may have a case, but by the sounds of the general level of crying that is coming from you, you died after your own crew leader died, but before RoseTyler died, in which case, your mother, as a resident of Detroit, here or not, was most definitely a legitimate, legal kill.

Stop being ridiculous, please. You're only giving the fallen in Detroit a bad name by keep on about this, and I'd personally rather my mother not be remembered alongside a bitch fit like this.

Report Post Tip

"A protection order went up after the death of Gauis. What would you have us do, Kitty_Softpaws? Gauis had the chance to stop the shooting, when he proposed the idea of a duel. We held guns for a moment until it was clear that wasn't what he wanted to do. Would you rather have us lose more people by letting proers go? Nahhhhh.

Or how about afterwards, when there was a protection order put up. Which let's be honest, the Godfathers of NY didn't HAVE to do. They did it out of sheer kindness.

Or are you talking about the lives lost during war? Because, that's war, and that will always be war. Nothing more, nothing less.

I'd rather be a trigger happy idiot, than a dead idiot that could've prevented my family/districts/cities deaths, but didn't.

Do you know what you're taking about Kitty, or do you like to hear yourself speak?"

Report Post Tip

Ya, I'm done, i've discussed it with people whos opinions DO matter. Bottom line, i got screwed over, it happens it will happen again. I also know the risks coming out here and speaking my mind openly, as im actually not going to be able to put much time in for a bit ill take that chance.

kluvyoubai.

Report Post Tip

Ya, I'm done, i've discussed it with people whos opinions DO matter. Bottom line, i got screwed over, it happens it will happen again. I also know the risks coming out here and speaking my mind openly, as im actually not going to be able to put much time in for a bit ill take that chance.

kluvyoubai.

Kitty, I'd say cry me a river, but cats aren't the best swimmers, so you'd probably drown in it.

And holy fuck, I can't deal with another bitch fit on how the world screwed you over if that happened.

Report Post Tip

I think that's the only thing you've said that has made sense this whole speech.

Cyaaaaaa.

Report Post Tip

Yup.. kill list is growing by the hour... funny thing is ima reroll and youll never see it coming. so Mayo, Choke you may as well reroll now cause if not first chance i get im putting you both in the gy for being the kind of people that support the random wacking crap that went on post war.

Report Post Tip

Choke bursts into tears and clings to Mako.

I'M SO SCARED MAKO, WHAT IF SHE CRIES IN THE STREETS ABOUT US? OR CLAWS US?

HELP!

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Detroit open for Business? It's confirmed.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL