Get Timers Now!
X

May 20 - 17:06:58
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 
Ninja Contest - Day 3 Started by: Rock_Lee on Oct 21, '07 17:20
The dark figure nods.

"But ofcourse my fellow ninja. It was not too high a test of skill. Complicated and long as it may have been the path of the way was not hidden under my eyes."

P.O.D. grins widely.
Report Post Tip
Lee walks into the streets after a long, hard day of ninja missions and ninja training, only to find many troubled people upset at Lee for his announcement. Lee is upset, and speaks quickly.

I am postponing the contest until further notice. Many people, including the contestants, have bashed the prize. Frankly, I don't care what you think. Those of you who think that the "auth" as a prize is stupid have been DQed. I applaud you for sticking to your morals, but there seems to be no point in taking part in a contest for which you do not believe in. If you can convince me otherwise, I'll keep you in. But for this reason, among others, I have put the contest on hold. Apparently a decision come to by all the leaders is not good enough for you people.

I thank Sing for backing me up in the contest from the beginning. I thank Oliver as well for backing me up not only in this contest, but in many of my business ventures.

It's sad when people complain about lack of originality, then bash it when it creeps up through the floor. It's disappointing when something has brought a handful of people more active in the streets and better RPers for it. And then that same cause is rejected by a select few. Something done for the community is destroyed by the community it was started for.
Report Post Tip
I am severely disappointed to hear this. Why should it matter if a contestant chooses not to accept his or her prize? (A prize that, I might add, was not announced until well into the competition.) I thought this was about street activity. It seems I was mistaken.

Thank you for taking away what I looked forward to most each day. Kindly return the hours I've put into this contest of yours.
Report Post Tip
Lucks, you've constantly complained to me about how I was running this competition. I do apologize. But as you've said else where, it doesn't take much effort for my tasks. Apparently, you are such a superior ninja, it's too easy for you. No, that's not sarcasm.

As for not accepting the prize, I am doing that for them. If they do not want the prize, then they do not have to take part. You can if you'd like, I'm not going to stop anyone from activity in the streets, but you can not win the cash, as everyone wants. I'll gladly send anyone who still wishes to play the daily tasks when their assigned.
Report Post Tip
I really don't see how suggesting that you take the answers out of the streets somehow signifies a complaint. I have been excited about this competition from the beginning. Oh, are you referring to me recommending that you make the competition more difficult? If it's to determine a crew leader, you sure as hell better!

I am so very terribly deeply sorry and full of regret and remorse for the comments I made to you as a friend in the coffee shops.

I wanted the cash. I still want the cash. I'm not going to participate in this if I stand no chance of winning a prize that I (and plenty of others) feel I've earned. I'll assist the streets in other ways--like I always have. I guarantee you some of the other competitors won't, though. This decision of yours just went against what you're supposedly trying to change--street inactivity.
Report Post Tip
If people are going to throw double-standards at me, then my purpose of this competition has already failed. I respect you sir, and your opinion. It's why I took your suggestions into consideration. But I can't count how many times I assured you that the contest would get harder. If you take a look, you'll see how many people were eliminated from the beginning. Many of them that signed up, did not participate in task 1. And Day 3's task will eliminate 2-3 people.

I do not hold what was said in those coffee shops very sternly. They're coffee shops. I just think that some of the contestants don't understand the effort I've put into this myself. To disrespect the hours I've spent in here as if creating these tasks was easy, hurts my feelings. Not to say, Lucks, that you are guilty of all charges. I'm speaking more generally now.

As mentioned before, this contest may still proceed. However, it's not up to me anymore. I've left it to the leaders who have supported this idea from the beginning. I'm sad that some people have suggested that the Leader's decision to back the idea of auth as a prize is a bad decision. The leaders know of the contestants, and if they felt that none of them were capable of being leaders, they simple would have told me to think of a different mystery prize. And I would have. All of them knew from the beginning what my intentions were. The meeting would have taken place sooner, but it's not easy trying to organize 4 leaders plus one Earner together in the same pace at the same time. But we all put forth the effort, and accomplished our goal. To have all the effort seemingly put to waste by having people complain, makes me feel like people want inactivity. They want mutes roaming around. This way, in a week, when there's inactivity, people can say how bad it is that no one is roaming the streets anymore.

I thank you, Lucks, for your honesty and your effort as well. You, along with a small handful of the contestants, have made me happy that i did this contest. But what has happened now makes me doubt the intelligence and sanity of some of our mafioso. Sanity includes myself as well.
Report Post Tip
I knew the contest was going to get harder. It was to take place in three phases, with each increasing in difficulty. I looked forward to it. I apologize if you considered my zealousness irritating. I thought you'd be pleased that someone was excited by the competition.

I also know damn well how much time you've put into this, and I'm not discounting it. I, too, have put a lot of time into it. Anyone that's ever created a contest knows just how difficult it is to create and upkeep. You're doing a fine job of it. I've told you as much and have thanked you for it. What more do you want?

This hurts your feelings? Exactly how do you think I feel knowing that I've just wasted hours that I could have put into my role-plays elsewhere or into family concerns, or, hell, into some goddamn sleep? The difference, though, is that I don't expect an apology. I pour my heart into this because it's what I truly love to do.

I'm sorry if I have this romanticized idea of what it is to obtain auth. This competition is great, but it's not the same as having a crew leader say to you, "Lucks, I've noticed the hard work you put into this life. I know you'd be a great leader, and I want to see you in that position and work alongside you."

I think you've once again misunderstood complaints. Stop taking things personally. You're in the fucking Mafia.
Report Post Tip
Don't expect an apology? I have apologize.

You ask me what more do I want? I want people to stop giving double-standards. Again, speaking generally, people bitch and moan about this leader getting auth, that leader setting up. We've all seen good and bad leaders. Why does how you come into a position matter? Is it not what you do with that position that matters? How does an outside source deciding a winner of a contest to get auth any different than people authing friends who you've never spoken to.

It's different because it's public. I have publicly announced that someone, potentially unheard of, may become a leader.

I'm sorry if I have this romanticized idea of what it is to obtain auth. This competition is great, but it's not the same as having a crew leader say to you, "Lucks, I've noticed the hard work you put into this life. I know you'd be a great leader, and I want to see you in that position and work alongside you."

You say you've poured hours into this competition. Is that not hard work? By the leaders agreeing to this, they have all said, unanimously, that they recognize the winner's hard work, and that they want to see that person in a leader position. They agreed to it before the announcement. Maybe I'm delusional to believe a leader's decision matters in this scenerio.
Report Post Tip
Be careful not to imply that I don't care what leaders think. It would be foolish of you to do so.

What matters is that your competition is not a good indication of leadership abilities. Yes, it is damn important to be able to conduct yourself in the street, but it is not everything. It matters to me, because I do not want to see another family set up and be shot down the next day. It matters to me because I actually care about this. It matters to me bacause this manner of setting up is not anything like the Mafia. I challenge anyone to find a real-world scenario where a Mafia boss came into power through his prowess at public speaking.
Report Post Tip
P.O.D. Steps in to the discussion.

"Alright, I haven't listened to everything you guys have said, but I just wanted to make my own thoughts clear to Sensei Lee. I've never questioned any of your efforts to make this an exciting contest and franky I think that when you offered up auth as a prize some people may have become a little more bloodthirsty, but some have definitley shown a lack of appreciation. I myself was overjoyed that I was being given a chance to possibly run my own family because I've been wanting to do so for a while. I don't think anyone has the right to bitch about this competition of skill if they are in the competition. I jsut want you to know we are not all as ungrateful as those you've seen. And while I wish that auth stay the prize those other fools have taken that away from the rest of us who really wanted to shine in the darkness."

P.O.D. steps down and goes back to the lamp post to sit and brood upon the contest and what will happen next.
Report Post Tip
Ares mumbles to himself up on Mt. Olympus. He is busy calculating his books for the month, and pieces of paper are flying everywhere. Just as Ares is about to ram a pencil into a servant, Hermes appears before him

"NINJA CONTEST ON HOLD UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE ARES YOUR HONOUR. BTW LOVE THE NEW 'DO, LOOKIN FRESH BRUVVA"

Ares slicks back his hair, relishing the compliment"

"Ahh good, saves me some work!"
Report Post Tip
Got_milk walks up to rock_lee to talk to him.

I personally think that the auth is a great prize but i just joined mafiareturns about a month and a half ago and i do not know if i would be ready to get an auth if I won. That is why i was asking if I won i could pass it to someone untill i was ready to accept it.

Got_milk walks away from the lamppost.
Report Post Tip
I too looked forward to the daily tasks. Now I'll have to do some actual work. :(
Report Post Tip
The contest will officially continue. We will hammer out some details, but that's no reason to keep the contestants waiting any longer than they have to. Auth is still going to be the prize.

ProphetOfDoom

Cthulhu

Got_Milk

DoTheMilkDance

Lucks

Bella_Michelle

Those are the winners of Day 3. We are down to 6 contestants as Phase 2 begins. Phase 2 will not begin until tonight. However, you ninjas in different time zones need not fear. It will still be a 24 hour task time limit, so you will have the chance. I encourage all of you to train your mind, and open yourself to more difficult puzzles.
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Ninja Contest - Day 3
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL