Get Timers Now!
X

May 20 - 14:26:44
Page:  1 
The thoughts of a Goomba Started by: Jack_Grimm on Jan 09, '09 08:09
What is a goomba? Hell I don't know maybe it's someone being groom for something!

A guys wanting a chance to prove themselves. Regardless not a position I wanta hold for long.

Earner? Now you can make good money for the family and maybe just maybe the Don will bless you and make you a wise guy! Earner sounds cool don't it. I can still be a earner when I move up! Earner still not bad and should not be tossed to the side so quickly. But I got hopes and dreams to achieve just gotta get seen buy the made men in the family.

Wise Guy! Much better a little more respect. When the books open up and I've proven I can be counted on the Don might call my name. Wise Guy able to teach the others below that title how things run so they can improve their performance. Wise Guy knows the business and carries themselves with some respect. But not made. I better find a way to help all the members of this outfit.

To be or Not to be that is the question. Did you do enough to earn it? Did you get earn the respect of your peers, and did the big 3 see you as one of them fully capable of carrying out orders and making money. Yeah better work on being respected up and down the family lines. Does the family all Made men count you, see you, think of you as one of them. This is where I need to be. Yeah also better start learning how to help build more teamwork with all the guys just incase the capo needs help or goes on vacation gotta move up.

Capo yes, yes, yes, yes, yes! To get this position you have been thinking only of how the whole family can make money! That's how you reached this level. Made men and all others below trust you to hold their best interest at heart. Made Men follow your advise. Must of all the Big 3 believe in you that they themselves gave you a part of the business to run it day to day. People even talk to you differently! Capo, Capo-Rime a leader of made men and men wanting to be made. A heck of a lot of responsibilities goes with that.

Boss who in hell doesn't want to be called Boss! Their ether lying to themselves or they are having the time of their lives where their at. Boss; you could if the Don and the Godfather permitted it plant your own flag. Boss love the sound of that. To be a Boss you had to be trusted and able to get alone with everyone you met. Others outside the family respect your advise. Proven, proven and again proven all you skills put to great use all your talents to reach Boss.

Consigliore, Under boss, Don fugettaboutit! That's so high up my head hurts thinking what needs to be done. Those are the box seats at the baseball games. They sit on the board and make decision I only wish I could see and hear. To be a fly on the wall for one day would get me promoted those are skills baby real deal skills. You have to learn what and how they do what they do so well! The Big 3! yeah me one of the Big three.

the alarm clock rings Grimm wakes up with a smile and a game plan
Report Post Tip
Phantom_Ghost walks up and listens to one of his men talk about the importance of rank and what each one means.

He claps.

Good work, Jack. You did your homework.

Phantom pats him on the back and walks back to the HQ.
Report Post Tip
Jack smiles the Don touch him. Jack is hoping that one day when the time comes he has proven himself and the Don will call is name.
Report Post Tip
Touching story. Maybe one day you will prove yourself and get that Box at the ball game. Who knows.

I personally love the sound of Wise Guy. I love looking at my self in the mirror and seeing that title under my name. Its got such a nice ring to it.
Report Post Tip
Scratches chin

An interesting take on the ranks leading up to Don at the very least. I applaud your creative thinking and abstract references that truly make the ranks above Wise Guy something truly to be desired.

Keep at it kid and you may one day be able to call yourself a Boss.
Report Post Tip
Claps

Well done Jack very nice story/speach :)
Report Post Tip
Nice examination of all the ranks, really makes me want to work hard.

applauds
Report Post Tip
woooooooooooooow!!

that was great!!:D

i'm still wise guy :(
Report Post Tip
that was great!

BRAVO!

BRAVO!

but what, wait, I dont understand, how did PG get in to the dreams of one of his guys, I mean, the guy woke up from it...and PG sez he saw him.

I got to tell you, I'm not sure they aint sampling their wares...

if you get what I mean...
Report Post Tip
I like being a Goomba, no expectations! Thus anything I do is a great accomplishment for those who over see things. If you suck as a Goomba, then there is no hope for you.
Report Post Tip
Ben...I think I suck at Goomba...

Overall, very well read.
Report Post Tip
this helped me a lot!
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: The thoughts of a Goomba
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL