Get Timers Now!
X

May 15 - 22:05:06
Game Suggestions
0 Watchers
Page:  1 
Associates Started by: KingOfOnePercent on Jan 09, '09 18:10
This idea is not originally mine, but this thread is to gauge the support for the idea.

Basically, Individuals who can sponsor "Associates" rather than a Crewleader directly sponsoring them. Benefits to the Sponsor are that they earn a % of the Associate's earnings and experience. Benefits for the Associate would be that they learn the ropes almost on a one to one basis from an experienced player.

Stipulations for the Crew Leader

- Their members who they pick to be sponsor must be at least Made Man

- They can have a maximum number of sponsors according to their HQ size

- They will not take a % of earnings from an Associate.

Stipulations for Sponsor

- They may only send 1 invite every 48 hours regardless of whether it is accepted. This is to counter outright 'whoring'.

- They may have a maximum number of associates.

- If an associate dies, they must wait X amount of time before replacing him. This is to counter Sponsors inviting associates willy nilly and killing them when they're not up to par.

- When a Crewleader decides a Sponsor's associate is eligible to become a Made Man, they join the family and cease to become an Associate. In this case, a sponsor may replace the associate immediately.

Stipulations for Associate

- Individuals may only be an associate to one person

- Individuals may not be an associate if they are an official member of a family.

- Individuals will eventually come up the ranks and join the same family as their sponsor.

Basically, the idea is that a Made Man or above will take in a member (usually a new player) and guide them through the ranks. The incentive is there to teach your associate as best you can, as you can't take more associates on until your existing associates have advanced to made.

Thoughts/Additions?
Report Post Tip
If this thread is to gauge support for the idea then I would definitely give it a thumbs up. I'd be interested to see how it worked out as it would surely put more emphasis on "Family" and would also be more realistic in terms of having others working under a Sponsor which would create a greater meaning to being Made.

To quote Jim Carrey: "I like it a lot.."
Report Post Tip
This sounds like a pretty good idea to me. This is how I imagine one used to enter the world of crime anyways, by becoming an associate first, working for some made man or wise guy...

*thumbs up*
Report Post Tip
I've always liked this idea and was planning on implementing something similar in the past.

My only question is why this needs to be coded and hardwired as opposed to player implemented and RP'd?
Report Post Tip
The reasons are twofold

- The majority of players resent and detest change, particularly when inspired on a player basis. A leader once tried to create a "captaincy" type hierarchy and lasted about a week. Captaincies only 'worked' when they were coded in.

- The majority of players are selfish and lazy. Unless they are getting something in return, they will tend not to take new members under their wing and tutor them.

Some pretty bold claims I know, but it generally tends to be the case. I'd love to be proved wrong though.
Report Post Tip
Ide like to beleive that it could be done via the players and leaders but i agree with Kingofonepercent.

I think it would make the game alot more interesting if this were to be coded in. People have to trust those under them far more. At the moment if someone is lacking effort in their character it doesnt really effect their leader as they can have LOADS of room for other members who want to work for their boss.

With this system, leaders and Made men have to choose far more selevtively who their recruits are. Should be a good means to end the constant whoring that is see on a daily basis. Although I personaly hate that phrase.
Report Post Tip
I really like the idea. it does give more meaning to becoming a made man. the only downside I see is how it will affect the family heads bank. Maybe if all family members who have taken in associates were made to donate, then it would work well.

It seems like this is how they do it in the real world of crime. you don't just jump in and start making money. someone has to teach you. But this is a great idea!
Report Post Tip
So, how much more do we need to talk about this for it to become a reality? I mean, if it's there, people can choose to use it, or not. So, it really can't hurt the current game. We've had a street thread concerning the same type of feature. How much more support do we need?
Report Post Tip
I would imagine that its being thought through still. Bare in mind that the coders are very busy with other projects.
Report Post Tip
I have to say, this is a brilliant idea, alothough would the associates still be under the familys protection?
Report Post Tip
I really like this idea
Report Post Tip
* two thumbs up *

I think this ide really great, so only the selective few can be Made and receive the ultimate honor not just random thug who been playing for 15 days
Report Post Tip

Game Suggestions
Replying to: Associates
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL