Get Timers Now!
X

May 14 - 11:58:54
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 
Is this it? Started by: Abbo on Jan 09, '09 19:29
A thoughtful request is always appreciated, but most families are looking to grow. I'm sure every CL gets tons of simple requests everyday. Imagine if all the CL's denied invite because of this. Where would the families be? Families would never grow.

As people have said, its a game. Admins want more people to play, and if the CL's constantly denied these requests, even less people would play.
Report Post Tip
Even though you're already dead, I'm going to go ahead and address this:

Clearly these "Families" and I use the term loosely feel the need for extra bodies and income capable of little to no conversation and overall use.

So you scored an invite to my HQ, well done. Are you in my family now? Are you fuck as like. This is where the buck stops and the work starts. At the end of the day, I'm willing to accept any level of invite because:

- Not all people are intelligent

- Not all people use English as their first language

- Not all people know that the dreaded one liner is so vilified

- The more members I invite, the more money my boss gets

At the end of the day, where is the problem? I challenge anybody here to lay down the most strict recruiting guidelines they can think of that do the job of separating the wheat from the chaff but, at the end of the day, you can't judge someone on the back of a few mails about why they want to be in your family. You can only do that by spending time with them.

Sooner people accept that, sooner we can all move one and be happy with our lives.

Also

The definition of whore is one who solicits something, if you approached the leaders; how are they the whores in this scenario? You fucking arse.

Nice Eddie Izzard reference though, I'll give you that.
Report Post Tip
"Acutes RHM couldn't even be bothered to reply"

Missed that bit. You didn't even mail me, so I just have to assume you're a pathological liar and assume everything that comes out of your mouth is horseshit.

WAIT, IS THAT YOU DIRK?
Report Post Tip
For the record this is not an extremely text based mafia game. I have role played in truely text based game...go to www.thelcna.com...then try your luck there. This is more a gangwarz type game, with the text only voluntary imo.

Respects,

Carmelo
Report Post Tip
Well, I have to say that I've never been a bif fan of those 'applications' or 'requests'. When I write a text as a request to a CL I will get my invite. My personals blink before I get an answer. Well, not a problem if you know how it's to be done but as said how should new players know how to do that? They can't, but why I am not a big fan of writing a 'request' is that it's most of time is all.

When 'recruiting' or talking to a possible member a conversation should come up. I have experienced the most of the time this isn't the case, maybe it's just me but that's what I feel. There should be a conversation between the recruitig CL and the 'applicant' in that case the CL knows something about the person which might one day be a made member.
Report Post Tip
ok. my 2 cents. Yes there are gonna be occassions when new things happen thats those outside the upper echelons don't know about like squishy's letter plus many returning members will say this is X, Y or Z who just died can you send me an invite.

If leaders wanted to be more selective yes, a portion of the people would be left for cannon fodder as is not hard to say, i am new to this game, and attempting to learn the ropes and played A, B or C in the past or am a friend of X in your crew. The busy leader, lhm or rhm can get back to them job done.

The advantage for a crew being less selective though is the gain of money if the member is active, the target created if the member screws up and of course that sparkling gem that sometimes ends up being someone special you have brought in and helped who would of never come back if left homeless.

no the game is not perfect and leaders want to grow to protect other members, if they don't trust someone they can limit their promotions, take their guns or remove them.
Report Post Tip
Is it overdone at this point to say once again how much I love Angel?

So much for giving people a chance right?

-Hayley

I couldn't have said it any better myself.
Report Post Tip
Who cares if someone recruits morons anyway? You should only care if they ACT like morons while IN the crew and it goes on unpunished. Besides, recruiting morons increases the hit squads kill count so it's win-win.
Report Post Tip
Actually I ordered the vegetarian.
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: Is this it?
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL