Get Timers Now!
X

May 02 - 02:27:35
Game Suggestions
0 Watchers
Page:  1 
Change to the 48 hour feature Started by: Marietto on Jan 10, '09 11:36
This idea grew from the street thread regarding the current 48-hour protection.

Simply put, whilst protected by the 48-hour rule, and any admin-related proection, Civilians, Thugs, and unsponsered Gangsters are not able to crime (petties and drug deals). This serves two purposes; firstly, it removes any 'justification' for wanting to shoot these members: They are not committing any crimes on a leader's turf, and so are doing nothing 'wrong'; secondly, it gives a greater incentive for those under the protection to find a family.

The only people who would 'lose out' by this feature would be knowledgeable mafioso who refuse to join a family, in which case there's no real need for them to crime anyway; they'll be dead soon enough, and the new mafioso. But these new mafioso would only lose out if they were online for a long period of time -- a time where they would have been able to earn good money. But in that time they should have been either contacted by established players or worked out for themselves that they should join a family.

Love,

Me.
Report Post Tip
This would have serious implications to the code of the game in the event of a reset, both when starting out and when there is a very small number of crews (without space for the majority of users).

Personally, I feel that if the admins feel strongly about the 48 hour rule it should be coded into the game. Otherwise, it is up to the leaders to agree how they want to handle this (something which is happening at the moment both on the street to a small degree and also behind closed doors).

A significant re-code (vs. a minor edit to protect <48 hours) just doesn't seem worth the effort imho.
Report Post Tip
This won't protect the -48 from getting shot at.
Report Post Tip
The 48 hour rule has nothing to do with the admins.

It is something that was devised by, and implemented by players.

It will not be hard coded into the game.
Report Post Tip

The 48 hour rule has nothing to do with the admins.

Except that the admins originally encouraged the rule. And the defense boost of those under 48 hours.

There are rumors of other things that have been implemented as well. So, I do believe it has something to do with the admins.

I think the 48 hour rule is fine and all, but Honestly they should have their family before they hit Gangster regardless. If they can't manage that, then they have a long road ahead of them.
Report Post Tip
The 48 hour stuff was coded in because when we were doing a massive advertising, spending lots of money, new people were getting shot left and right. We went to the leaders at the time, and told them to start cracking down on their members for killing innocent new people. They asked us to code in some features to identify what people were, and if they did a crime, wacked etc... hence the blue or red in the obits, and the -48 in their profile.

Ultimately, the rule comes down to the leaders, and how they want to handle it. WE (admins) will only step in when we spend money to bring in new people and they aren't staying because they are dying too fast.

Something has to give with either, the leaders stop this "I need a paragraph to let you in my crew." And when they receive one liners, help that new person... then the 48 hour rule would mean nothing. But, if your gonna want an interrogation before someone's in your crew, the 48 hour rules needs to stay to allow people to learn the ropes (quickly) and find a suitable crew.
Report Post Tip
I might suggest putting one of those wonderful first day guides by Kendra or others along the bible links etc. on the main page when they first log on, maybe reading "READ ME FIRST!" or something along those lines. That would definitely increase the knowledge for the new folk we have coming to the game.

There does have to be something to let the new players know that time is of the essence.
Report Post Tip

Game Suggestions
Replying to: Change to the 48 hour feature
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL