Get Timers Now!
X

May 12 - 21:03:48
Page:  1 
Continuing To Make Progress With The SDI Started by: enkindle on Feb 26, '14 19:59

Since we started open testing with the SDI there has been a huge amount of progress made and we are grateful to everyone who has willingly put up with these issues in the endeavor to get them figured out and fixed. We very much want to progress to the point where the SDI is no longer optional, but simply how the site runs. To that end, I will be enabling the SDI for all users.

If you previously had the SDI turned off, please give it a chance. Test it out, enjoy the instant notifications of mobmail and personals as well as the real time crew chat. You will still be welcome to turn the SDI off at any time if you have any reason to do so. If you do turn the SDI off I would very much appreciate that you message me (enkindle) and let me know why, be it a bug that makes it hard to use, or you simply do not like it.

Once the SDI is used by everyone we will be able to start making new features such as better chat integrated with IRC, as well as other fun new features that we are keeping secret.

Report Post Tip

The delete of posts by uppers in crew chat is gone in SDI. Im not a fan of that. There are times we need to clear (like drup price sharing .. or OC here/there) it and consolidate the important messages in chat.

Report Post Tip
The SDI has apparently made the timers very very tiny on my phone. Not sure if it's just me.
Report Post Tip

Whatever you've done, you've just made the game unplayable for me. From this morning, none of your links work, only petty crime. I can't travel, can't sell drugs etc. When i try commit felony, i get taken to the travel screen. WTF? I really can't play this now and its frustrating!!!

Report Post Tip

Mercury, the delete chat feature is going to be gone for good. Once we integrate with IRC we definitely won't be able to have such a feature.

BlackWidow, what phone do you use?

JayDoggyJR, I only turned the SDI on for everyone about 40 minutes ago. If your problem started earlier than that, I believe it would be unrelated.

Report Post Tip

Its morning in my country lol 9am.

It happened about 30mins ago, everything just shit itself and none of the links are working anymore.

Report Post Tip

I can't travel when SDI is on & I am using my mobile device. It just refreshes the page. This was the case before the SDI was auto turned on. Not sure if its an issue with SDI or my mobile as I can travel fine with SDI on when I use my computer.

Report Post Tip

No issues here, I've been using SDI quite a while.

Apart from the odd bug here and their, it's very usable across all devices:

• Windows 8.1
    • Firefox
    • Chrome
    • IE
  • Android KitKat
    • Firefox
    • Chrome
  • iPhone
    • Safari
    • Mercury Browser

Keep up the good work :D

Report Post Tip

turned SDI off and seems to be running ok now :)

Report Post Tip

WhiteGhost, what iOS and Safari versions did you try?

Report Post Tip

iOS 7.0.4 with inbuilt Safari

The only "issue" with it, is that I need to double tab menu items to be between sections of the website

Report Post Tip

Thank you enkindle, personally I have liked SDI since I beta tested it when you released it on day 1.

Report Post Tip
I really don't like the idea of not being able to delete posts, especially within the crew chat. I'm not sure if crew chat will be publicly available to other crews once it goes to IRC... but if so, wouldn't this kind of break the concept of Omerta?

The only reason I say that I'm not a fan of being unable to delete is that like Mercury said, sometimes it does get flooded. Other times things are said (whether it be drama, people sharing info they shouldn't be there, etc) that should be delete-able by CL/RH(& LH *should've* had that option too imho).
Report Post Tip

Crew chat will always be private to the crew. Anything else would as you point out, defeat the purpose. IRC channels can be locked down and made member only, which will be largely automated.

If members are saying stuff they shouldn't be, maybe the crew leader should deal with it. Words can't actually be unsaid.

Report Post Tip
True enough
Report Post Tip

space, it looks like you are in IE8 and I'm afraid we just aren't going to be able to support IE8 with the SDI. You should really try to convince them to use a more modern, safer browser though.

Report Post Tip
ok, i know they wont upgrade it.it will have to be from my phone, which is not great, but i understnad, thanks man.
Report Post Tip

I am having problems with the felony page using my IPhone.  It has a hard time scrolling down.  Forget about clicking on the button, i cant even mark the felony that I wanted to do.

I am also having a problem using the back button on my PC, it never goes back to what the previous page is, especially, if I had set it to filter.  I also cannot use F5 to refresh anymore.  When I do it, it loses the info & starts on the search name screen all over again.

Report Post Tip

News & Announcements
Replying to: Continuing To Make Progress With The SDI
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL