Get Timers Now!
X

May 17 - 04:42:36
Game Suggestions
0 Watchers
Page:  1 
No Ranks, Just Positions Started by: LouisGato on Jan 12, '09 09:15
I've asked around abit bit about ranks and a persons position within the family, a few people I've met have helped and I came up with this idea. How about the idea that everyone reaches the rank of Wise Guy and then stays there, then rather any ranks after that there are "Positions"

There are only so many positions within the family, and to be able to have that position you not only need the 'points', but you need your boss to select you for it.

Like so.

Godfather (1)

-His Regime:

RHM - Don (1)

Consigliere - Consigliere (1)

Caporegime - Capo (3-5)

RHM's Regime - (Hit Squad?)

6 to 8 People Ranked Boss.

Caporegimes

As many Thugs to Wiseguys as wishes.

2 Made Men slots for 2nd in command/s.

This way moving up the family actually means something, as there are limited slots and you will have a duty to do, not just being about nobody on the top level of a family.

There's only so far up the ladder people can get, when everyone who takes the game seriously are Don's, what then?

1 Godfather slot

1 Don slot

1 Consigliere slot

6-8 Boss slots

3-5 Capo slots

6-8 Made Man slots
Report Post Tip
I don't agree on the basis that people like to run their families in different ways; to implement this game wide level of rigidity and structure would, in my opinion, result in a total lack of variation in the game.

Look at real life, in New York, the Don of a family was the be all and end all; whereas in Chicago he would be a figurehead and nothing more.
Report Post Tip
I dont like this idea mate i ike the idea of picking people at certian positions but this needs some improvement
Report Post Tip
I don't get it. Crew leaders do rank you and pick your spot within the family as it is now.
Report Post Tip
In real life there is'nt stuff like this. And we want the game to be realistic right?
Report Post Tip
What do you mean, "in real life" ?

In real life, only Dons lead families, there's only one consigliere in each family and 3 bosses at most....it's a pyramid structure. It's absolutely realistic and accurate to *some* mob structures.

However, there must be a line between gameplay and realism and as I said in my previous post, it's not true to all mob syndicates; not even taking into account the amount of bitching people would do because they can't get such and such a rank.
Report Post Tip
I got asked by a boss, at least 10 days younger than me, if he could pick pocket me.

He wasn't even in my family, I think there needs to be a structure where only the people best to fit the bill be put into a postion that will then, when they are hard to reach and rare, be respected.

Everyone can still rank the same, a 20 day old Wise Guy can be overlooked in favour of a 10 day old Wise Guy, the 20 day old might have a better gun, better stats, whatever. But the 10 day old could have the mind for the job, the respect and experience.
Report Post Tip
Here's an example of how a real mafia family's structure is:

Don Civilian[His son who is'nt really in the family]

________ Don Vito Corleone----------------------Michael Corleone

| | |

Consigliere Underboss[Another son] Underboss[Another one of his sons]

Tom Hagen Sonny Corleone Fredo Corleone

| | |

| | Enforcer

Capo Capo Luca Brasi

Pete Clemenza Sal Tessio

| __________ |_ ____________

| | | |

Made Man Wise Guy I think Goomba I'm not sure what rank

Paulie Gatto Rocco Lampone Al Neri Willian Cicci
Report Post Tip
That's a little messed up it won't let me make one. It moved some things but the list obviously goes from the highest ranks to the lowest.
Report Post Tip
Luca Brasi should be a little more to the right but other then that it's pretty accurate.
Report Post Tip
No my friend, I think the Corleone's went something like this...

Vito Corleone [Don]

-Santino Corleone [Underboss/RHM]

-Fredo/Mike [LHM?]

-Tom Hagen [Consigliere]

-Pete Clemenza/Salvatore Tessio [Caporegime's]

That was his upper structure, everyone else Brasi, Neri, Lampone, Gatto, Cicci, they were all enforcers, and worked either for Clemenza, Tessio or Sonny, and were all Made Men and below.

the Underboss had his own Regime, which roughly translates to Hit squad in our world. And the two Caporegimes had their own syndicates.
Report Post Tip
What I have there is very accurate, and they had just one enforcer who was Luca Brasi. And I know Pete Clemenza had Paulie Gatto as a Made Man and Rocco I'm pretty sure was a Wise Guy for Clemenza. But Tessio with Al Neri and William Cicci I'm not very sure of their ranks, but Paulie, Rocco, Al, and William were usually the ones that got bossed around alot. Micheal did'nt join for a while though. And I'm pretty sure Sonny was the RHM/Underboss, and Tom Hagen or Freddo was their LHM.
Report Post Tip
You may be right about Luca, he was probably Vito's chief enforcer, because it was Al Neri and Rocco Lampone that took over as Cheif Enforcer and Tessio's Capo position respectedly.

Neri killed Barzini, but I read somewhere he topped Moe Greene too. After the move to Vegas and Clemenza being left in New York, Neri became RHM/Capo/Chief Enforcer.
Report Post Tip
Yeah Tessio somehow died, I don't remember. But Luca got it really bad and Paulie had no idea what was about to happen to him. Which one took over for Luca Brasi? I've seen all their movies and books and stuff but I only remember the first one accuratly.
Report Post Tip
Tessio was killed for being a traitor, you just see him being driven away. Probably shot or Garotted while in the car.

They didn't have time to replace Luca, After Mike killed Sollozo and McCluskey Sonny went to war, so they didn't really need a single enforcer, they needed lots.

When things calmed down, Mike had Rocco make a secret Regime that he used with Clemenza to take out the other mob bosses, this was after they knew Tessio was a traitor and Rocco replaced him. Al Neri made his bones shooting Barzini, me thinks, and became the new Cheif enforcer, Luca's position.
Report Post Tip
Just because the Godfather says so doesn't make it accurate. Basing all your knowledge of the mafia on one fictional film is silly.

Try reading into real mobs :)
Report Post Tip
The first time I watched it, I thought it was a true story. I remember when Don Vito Corleone was in the hospital from the assassians trying to assassianate him and then Micheal and that baker pretended they were armed when those Tattaglia's drove by and then the cops came, that part was awesome.
Report Post Tip
I base alot of things on the Godfather, the films and the books, because thats my inspiration.

And Goodfellas...
Report Post Tip
That movie is what got to go here and search for "Free Mafia Games" and Mafia'sDeathWish, which I did play ended up being reset or something, and this is the best mafia game I found. Do you have the Godfather the game?
Report Post Tip

Game Suggestions
Replying to: No Ranks, Just Positions
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL