Get Timers Now!
X

May 18 - 04:05:47
Page:  1 
Your Inspiration Started by: LouisGato on Jan 12, '09 09:52
I'm about to dedicate the next three hours of my time to The Godfather. It is this great film that first drew me to look for mafia games, and after a few flops, I came across this one. This film, and Goodfellas, keeps me here and wanting to be involved in the mafia lifestyle. There are so many things I could waffle on about, what I want to achieve, what the ideal game would include (See No Ranks, Just Positions) in the suggestions forum.

How are you inspired? Where does your love of the mob stem from?

-Louis
Report Post Tip
My last drug run was rather inspiring...no, the time I have thoroughly wasted RP'ing with those that know how to do it right...
Report Post Tip
I get the urge to act like a mobster so much more after a little inspiration. Think I'm going to try RP'ing with someone I know in a bar sometime.
Report Post Tip
Being Italian, I've always had the fasination of The Mafia. How it started, the rules, the structure. The idea that a group of people came together and made this secret thing. It's crazy. As a Don, a person has a lot of power and a lot of stress, I like the idea of using your instincts and abilities to read people. Your friends and your enemies are always blended together.
Report Post Tip

Of course the Italian in my blood

Report Post Tip

I had managed to re-semi-retire about 2 weeks back.

I then started reading a book called 'The Ice Man'*. Needless to say it brought me back here. Again.

* read something about 'The Ice Man' here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Kuklinski or mail him In game.. ;)

Report Post Tip

Personally jsut stumbled across this game with no mafia intentions.  This was the first game of its kind I played about 7 years ago.  I quickly became hooked and as for inspiration, not soo much the mafia aspect but just the people in general .

Report Post Tip

I'm not sure, but I think it started when I watched Mobster movies and played Godfather games, Mafia, etc.

Report Post Tip

I don't overly have a love for the mob, I was introduced to this game 4 years ago and I still don't think that I have any "love" for the mob lol. I literally just enjoy the game itself and enjoy the people that play it. Sadly, it's quite a big part of my life and I like the fact that I can always fall back on it and get absorbed into the game when I find myself wanting to do something when I'm sat at home fairly bored. Call of Duty can only take up so much time :p

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: Your Inspiration
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL