Get Timers Now!
X

May 02 - 11:26:48
Game Suggestions
0 Watchers
Page:  1 
Turn mail on/off for certain ranks Started by: LouisGato on Jan 13, '09 19:51
I've been recently talking to a friend who, like myself, has very strong views and ideas about how the mafia game should show what we know and love in real life (Or what was real life)

I'm talking about people approaching the head of a family, in their office, an outsider, and associate, even an enforcer within the organisation having chit chat with the head man.

I've always loved the idea of the Don of a family having a few select people to talk to, who he trusts and knows that he is getting the full story from.

His Consigliere should manage his business, finance and any appointments in which people want to speak to the boss.

His RHM should be there to manage his top enforcers, the hit squad.

And his Caporegimes to be his link to the lower ranks, depending on who is in which Regime.

I think that should someone want to make this happen without preaching in the streets where people don't really listen or telling every person who mails them to talk to someone else is a waste of time and defeats the object.

Maybe if Crew Leaders can turn off mail from the lower ranks, or any ranks, and have instead a list of who to contact for what?
Report Post Tip
Although most of the suggestions you're making would result in a much more realistic atmosphere, I find myself disagreeing with them.

I've known leaders, in the past, to implement a rigid structure system. I can even recall two leaders who made it offence to contact them without going through the proper channels.

To implement this feature, or others you have suggested, would give Leaders less of a chance to be intuitive and unique, at least in my opinion.
Report Post Tip

Game Suggestions
Replying to: Turn mail on/off for certain ranks
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL