Get Timers Now!
X

May 02 - 01:03:29
Game Suggestions
0 Watchers
Page:  1 
Thought dead/wounded? Started by: LouisGato on Jan 13, '09 20:07
Another thread from me, I must apologise.

A quick comment just to see what people think about during a gunfight a person can be wounded to the point where they are thought dead? A hired hit on someone often means them running up to them, shooting, and running away. (Ala Vito's attempted murder)

How could this be implimented? Maybe there is a chance the first shot made on a person on a day could "Get through" and the person would be "dead" in the obits only they are not. They are just unable to play for say three days, they have "You are healing" instead of "You are dead"

Or maybe so people are unsure of the actually death of someone (Maybe only over a certain rank?) it could happen randomly during a gun fight?

This could open up the question of "Are they really dead?" People would have to use their contacts to find out who knows if they are dead or not? Maybe the RHM gets a mail saying they are not dead?

He would have to be careful who he tells, as the death of a CL could often spell the end of a war. It could continue if known they are alive.

your thoughts?
Report Post Tip
I like this idea. It would make it interesting. Cause when you get shot, you don't always die.

The only problem would be in a time of war....
Report Post Tip
It would bring into question how people would react, knowing there is a chance the CL is still alive. It doesn't just have to be the CL, maybe anyone in the top few ranks, the important people.

It would mean a character would appear valuble, there needs to be some sort of relief at knowing your family member isnt dead.

If it's the case where anyone above the rank of say Boss can be affected, maybe an option in the profile to select who knows you've "Not died" maybe just the CL?

It might provoke families being completly killed, as so if the CL isn't dead, they have nothing to come back to. Maybe this will encourage more than one HQ per organisation, so there is somewhere for members to go, so there is still some structure to the family and it doesn't all come tumbling down.
Report Post Tip
This really won't be convincing, though.. as when a family head dies his crew separates..

This opens up many problems, if the crew doesn't disband, you know he's not dead.. if it does- good luck getting it back together.
Report Post Tip
I don't know about everyone else, but if people started making recoveries like that all the time, I'd think people would start going through the extra effort to put one last round right between the eyes after they go down, or give them some nice new shoes just to be sure.

If something like this was implemented you'd need to also add an option to 'make sure he's dead' that would perhaps increase the chance that you get wounded after he goes down (bodyguards, police, underlings, whatever stopping you getting near the body).
Report Post Tip
Yeah, I like Razel's idea.
Report Post Tip
It's a good idea, but if it happens to a family leader? I think maybe instead of dead, it should say wounded and they should'nt be in the obits. And they can't log in for about an hour, and if it's a family leader then it should be shortend to maybe a half an hour.
Report Post Tip
I guess if it's not broke, don't fix it.
Report Post Tip
What would be broken? This is a suggestion.
Report Post Tip
It's based on the idea that a hit is a guy running up to you with a gun, pulling off enough shots so that they think you're dead and then running again.

the Vito Corleone shooting is the best dam example in the world...
Report Post Tip
I love this idea but instead of saying the are dead maybe they are healing for 2-3days or somthing and if you dont have funds or your family dont they you could die and maye this could be a 49/51 chance of dieing each time

idk tell me what ya think
Report Post Tip
Maybe you can implement a status where, upon shooting your target, his status changes to "Unknown" for a certain period of time.

After x period of time, it will be revealed whether he died or not.
Report Post Tip

Game Suggestions
Replying to: Thought dead/wounded?
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL