Get Timers Now!
X

May 02 - 06:34:24
Game Suggestions
0 Watchers
Page:  1 
Earnings AND Donations Started by: NikkiPhoenix on Jan 24, '09 20:57
With the implementation of the new "Pay Tribute" feature in banking (go to Management --> Banking and look at the bottom if you haven't seen it), I suggest that a cumulative total of all donations submitted through this feature be published for easy perusal on the Crew page.

Yes, the Crewleader could certainly look at his bank statement, and coordinate with his RHM, finance officer, and whoever people randomly decide to send donations to on its way to the CL, but an easy tabulation much like the crew earnings on the Crew page could have a lot of implications.

For one, the person who does the earnings statements could also include donations. Also, Crewleaders who are looking at promoting individuals could easily reference the member's financial contributions to the family. I'm sure there are other implications that the leadership may be able to post along with their thoughts on this suggestions.

I don't see this interfering with roleplay, or making the site anymore button clicky than it already is. I'm certain that coding it will be somewhat tricky (but you can do it guys! I know you can!)

What it would call for is unified usage of the Pay Tribute feature, as people who donate roundaboutly (love that word, its totally mind) wouldn't be tabulated on the crew page.

Your thoughts, comments, and/or additions?
Report Post Tip
No need for this at all.

Along with the new change to the donations, the numbers of earnings that show up on the Crew Management screen now include ALL tributes from the crew member, donations and earnings together.

This way the CL can compare oranges to oranges and see who brings in the big bucks and who is the dirty little slackers.

Bottom line, its about the total sum of cash someone brings in to the family.
Report Post Tip
I can't bring myself to agree with your bottom line.

There are earnings from the taxes mandated by the CLs and then there is money that is voluntarily given.

Its easy to part with money we never see, as the Crewleader gets his mandated percentage. I think its a sign of loyalty and respect to give from our wallets money that even our Crewleader deems belongs there.
Report Post Tip
I gotta agree with Nikki.

Big difference between a member that is simply good at earning wads of cash (And keeping it all for himself) and someone who doesn't/can't earn as much, but willingly donates cash, even though he can't afford it as much as the guy who keeps everything.

In other words I think the following are very different:

Member: Earnings:

Guy A $1,000,000

Guy B $1,000,000

Member: Earnings: Donations:

Guy A $1,000,000 $0

Guy B $500,000 $500,000

Tells me right away that Guy B actually cares about the family and trying to make it better, while Guy A just happens to be donating by the fact of he has no choice.

Maybe it's just me, but I think most gang leaders would like to know that crucial difference between Guy A and Guy B when picking who to promote and such.
Report Post Tip
I agree with the principle but the crew page is looking quite clutterd in my opinion.

Perhaps a new section of the bank page for Leaders?
Report Post Tip
I'm not sure I see any benefits here that warrent the code required to be honest. The information is already there (total earnings - tribute = Actual earnings, total earnings + donations = total contribution to the family), so can be referenced if a CL/family require it.

To be honest, I can't see this having any dramatic benefits for a family/crew in terms of evaluating members either. Each member is judged on their overall contribution to the family. Fair enough, we all love serious earners who bring in big bucks for us... but any family who judges members on this alone won't be around the streets long enough to benefit from the money. Each member brings something different to a family, be it their humour, their calm nature, their unquestionable loyalty, their shooting skills etc. etc., how much they earn/donate/tribute is just one part of the overall picture.
Report Post Tip
In fairness you could roll up the tax and donation as a single number. As pure RP and being more real-life like there would be no automatic taxation. People would do whatever they have to do and they would kick up to their boss and him to his boss and so on and so forth (most families use crews, sub-crews, sub-families, call them what you want.). The tax feature isn't there for realism. It is there because there are too many dorks who don't get it and wouldn't kick up and we would end up having to shoot three-quarters of the people on the site for holding out...

At the end of the day the boss really isn't nearly as concerned about how you got your money or how hard you worked for it as he is in how much of it ends up in his pocket. That's reality!
Report Post Tip
Im torn on this one. The tax feature is there so that if the boss needs money, he can set it to whatever he wants. any extra money would surely be for your own, personal spending?

Maybe everything you earn the boss should get, and when it comes to your own expenses, the payday feature is used? Or the boss does handouts to the people whoneed it, hitters in training etc.

I wonder sometimes how much money is daily lost gambling, that would all be saved if the boss got all your cash and paid for things that his crew members need, in the sense of realism, a man would collect protection money for the boss and be given a percentage, not give a percentage (I know that doesn't quite make sense)

He would be paid money for his work, and being as there are things little to spend money on, the boss can control peoples spending.

Though I'm not certain on the idea, it is still an option.

-L. Gato
Report Post Tip
Let's be honest here... there is no voluntary donating... You should always kick up money you earn up to the boss... That's the way the mafia is.

I don't like this idea one bit. I agree with Fu that it's about total amount of earnings, not who donated more, or who does what more... it's about money, not how you did, or where you got it, but about giving it to your leader.

I just see this as another feature to make crewleaders more lazy. If they really want to follow donations, have people in charge of handling them, or read your personals.

Next you'll ask for us to spoon feed you too.
Report Post Tip
I try to donate alot because I have very bad luck with the drug tips, every time I use them, they change once I get there or they're not what I thought. But having your crew leader be in charge of your money is'nt a very good idea. If you need money to go to the shooting range because you have'nt gone in a while and want to in case of a war, they might say "You don't need to" or if you want a bodyguard because people are trying to wack you they can just say "You don't need to". And they'll just keep the money, but what will they say when your dead?
Report Post Tip

Game Suggestions
Replying to: Earnings AND Donations
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL