Get Timers Now!
X

May 20 - 17:06:59
Page:  1 
Earner lookin' for a proper family Started by: Composite on Jan 26, '09 11:19
So, my late cousin told me this was a country where a man can really get ahead, ya know? If he's willing to get his hands a bit dirty, doesn't do nuthin' stupid and shows the proper RESPECT for those above, he can really go far. An' dats' just what I intend to do.

Ever since I came in through the port of New Orleans, I've been doin' ok. A little of this, a little of that, whatever it takes to build my bankroll and earn enough to send to my dear sweet mother back home--may God bless her saintly soul. But it's time to move on, ya' know? All this small-time stuff is for chumps. I'm thinkin' I need to join a good crew makin' the big scores--a crew that could use a man that ain't afraid to get his hands dirty.

So if dere's any families out dere dat could use a potential earner like me, jus' let me know. And may the sweet mother Mary bless you all.
Report Post Tip
"Welcome to the country my friend, you seem quite aware of how things work around these parts. No doubt I'll be seeing you about some, I hope you do well for yourself"

Louis smiles and hands him his card from inside his jacket, folding the mans hand around it

"If I can help, let me know, and stay safe"
Report Post Tip
First off, I wouldn't exactly recommend coming out to the streets advertising that you want a family. The art of an invite request is something that has gone downhill nowadays, but this is even worse, in my opinion.

Instead of coming out to the streets asking for a family you should have:

1) Looked through the crew list, see which leader you see would fit you the best.

2) Mailed the leader, or his right or left hand, making an invite request, telling them what you can do for his/her family. Prove to them that you are worth their time and an invite.

Consider this next time you want to join one of our glorious families.
Report Post Tip
Pick a family and send them a message telling them what you could do for them. That will probably get you into a family. And then start making some money for yourself, and donate to the family once and a while.
Report Post Tip
"MOWF, with all due respect, I do not see how what he is doing is any worse than you stepping out into the streets and speaking about families and mob activities. Given your position in a Chicago family, it might even be worse. The consequences of you getting pinched are surely worse than those of young Composite over there. Don't be such a negative nancy. It's refreshing to see a recent immigrant jumping right in to street activity, especially considering his authentic demeanor."

*Slides a business card to Composite with Hypno's name etched in gold lettering*

"Go talk to this man. He might have a few odd jobs for you."
Report Post Tip
"Hey hey, now. I wasn't tryin' to do nothin' dramatic or start something with you and yours. No need to bust my balls over a slight breach of protocol. Being fresh off the boat, maybe I just look at things in a different way, ya know? Sometimes bein' direct gets the best results. Least that's the way I see it anyway. I meant no disrespect to you and your family, Mr. Obsession. Word on the street is that you're all classy guys, and I respect that."

"To all you guys that reached out to me and offered me a hand up, I won't forget it. If us business men don't look out for each other, who will? My cousin was right about this place. Too bad he had such a big mouth and found himself on the wrong end of a .45"
Report Post Tip
I'm not saying this is a horrible thing. I'm saying that it's not the best way to go about getting a family. The leaders of our world look for people who come to them and ask them for an invite, instead of coming out here and offering your work to everyone in a position of power.

And you say that you went for a more direct approach, but, correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't it be more direct to target one person in particular, and show them that you want to work for them?

I didn't mean any disrpect as well, just giving my opinion about what is right for this world of ours.
Report Post Tip
"And I respect your opinion, Mr. Obsession. Really, I do. But what's done is done and it all worked out in the end, ya' know? So let's not argue about sematecks, er, schematics, er, um, semants....well, let's not worry about what each of us thinks 'direct approach' means."

"Ya' know what? I think I like you. Yeah, now that I've given it a think, I'm sure of it. You just say what's on your mind, and that takes moxy. So here's what I'm gonna do. I'm gonna drop a little sump'tin in the mail for you, we'll forget about this, and you and me's can be square. Capiche?"

Compo pulls a crumpled wad of cash from his coat pocket and shoves it into a yellow envelope. After smoothing the fat envelope as flat a possible, he then seals it shut and writes MOWF's name on it. Dropping it in the corner mailbox, he begins whistling a jaunty little tune and walks away.
Report Post Tip
Phantom-Ghost watches as Composite finds a home with Muqtada.

I guess this topic is closed. Good luck with your home, Composite.
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Earner lookin' for a proper family
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL