Get Timers Now!
X

May 20 - 13:26:47
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 
An undelivered letter Started by: backfire on Jan 26, '09 12:17
Tony, people came here and said that many people are thinking it. When I said "you" I was generalizing. If it was taken at face value then my good friend Prozac would have been offended, after all he beat me in speaking up first. You took it as a personal attack. Then called me out and mentioned my father. Uncalled for. Mind you, if he was still alive, I bet $10 many of you would have kept your mouths shut.

Not the case, but in times like this, we all have time.
Report Post Tip
Hypno, if I'm not mistaken, Acute has made a polite request of your RHM to speak more kindly of his upper structure. I'm sure you guys can have a "I would also appreciate" battle somewhere else.

As for the actual topic at hand...

I seem to find my opinion lining with Mr. Politt. However, roguing won't change stagnancy. Roguing doesn't cause "excitement" except for the little "punk who could", and the occasional newbie running in the streets screaming because someone has a bold suit. It's time people start living for their families, not for this world of ours. If you had loyalty to "anti-stagnancy", it should've been on your I.D. As far as I'm concerned, no one should have any business outside their family. Your family is your life. Perhaps people who prefer national activity over their family's safety shouldn't be promoted to Made Man and above. Let this be a message to the leaders: Don't put your family's safety in the hands of stupid people just because their "button" is there. This would solve Brick_Politt's "high-ranking-over-crowdage" and we would never have to worry about rogues.
Report Post Tip
its the GODFATHER thats creating the so called stagnation in the cities?

HELL NO,

Any dedicated group of gangsters and their pals who are willing to make the sacrifice could take down the poor woman.

More so any of the many MR families could get it done if it was something that they valued beyond their own lives.

Her real base of power is not her Mafia Rank, but her alliances, her extended family and their loyalty to her.

You are going to all have to conclude that the family dons are happy with the situation and that they are earning enough and successful enough in their businesses

Me personally, I've happy with the control that we have of our own city, I dont need to stick my sticky fingers elsewhere.
Report Post Tip
Everyone should settle down if you please. There is a handholding Rourke that is about to speak, which automatically means the staleness will drown the rest of you out.

Grips Rourkey's controversial and outrageous hand

There's nothing like a rogue support speech/letter/posthumous delivery that gets the pot stirring quite as much as this. It's up there with a speech delivered about various leaders' shortcomings with regards to sparking conflict. I understand my boy Benjamin got quite testy today, and that is understandable, he's a spitfire that one. Would I call myself angry? Not really, he reflected the policy of Detroit in his sentiments. Did he do so in a bout of 'Roid rage? Sure. But I get jacked up when I run out of toilet paper, so this stone can barely hurtle through my glass house.

Mr. Viazzi, I'm sure, didn't reflect the sentiments that got him to the rank of Made Man, nor those of his family. Surely the same support of roguery that gets some people killed was not what he had meant. He made a valid point about ranking up and doing something about it yourself if you are not happy with the establishment. However, it's that phrase itself that I've never agreed with in my time here. "Rank up and do something about it", it's ugly to its core. The very meaning of it suggests that by doing so you will not be in adherence to your crew rules or loyal to your crewleader's wishes for your entire tenure with the family. One would be off pursuing their own rogue agenda without the consideration of the family they could endanger.

I want you to think about something a moment though, the greatest change comes from movements, not by a solo mission. There are always regime changes due to large scale wars, how often are rogues successful? Jonnie Reese. Once. And that just led to a rise of zombies that had to be put down with lethal force! If you don't like the crew you are in and want a change, then you really should've examined their policies in comparison to your own more closely before joining. BiblicalDevastation comes from a long line of underachievers, and surely his 30 seconds in bold do nothing but affirm that his line will never excel past this one half minute of supernovian glory.

If you rogue, it is certainly your prerogative, but it will never be the stance of any family (I could be wrong?) to support them. Lest we forget the fall of Bi-Polar Bear when it was made known his ties to the unsuccessful attempt made by Wicked, Malicious, Eurynome, and FabrizioTehGreaser.

I just wish we all stopped getting so heated over what glorified civilians and thugs had to say. If I was making a speech that was controversial, then by all means everyone should voice opinions in the hundreds. As for BiblicalDevastation (perhaps a more suitable moniker such as MinimalDevastation? NegligibleDevastation? NominalDevastation?) and his son, Senordiaperrash, I have to believe that neither of them have been worth a moment of what we've offered them here today.

Remember folks, roguing will always be mutiny, supporting them will always be mutinous, so let's not do either! I think that's the only lesson we need to take from this, and it's one that most of us know by heart.

Good night, good luck, good God.
Report Post Tip
After all the arguning stopped Dk came from his hidden spot behind his Grannies and said

Well i couldnt have said that better myself Fu-Manju i agree with Fu on what he said.... and for that

I Salute You Fu-ManjuRourke

DeathKnight & His Grannies Stand and Salute Fu-Manju
Report Post Tip
Cypher steps back into the streets

DeathKnight, thank you soooo much. I'm so glad you can leave your "grannies" and... say absolutely nothing to benefit the colloquy.

Anyways...

I don't mean to interrupt such a wonderful response Mr. Rourke, but I couldn't help but hear this comment:

"If you don't like the crew you are in and want a change, then you really should've examined their policies in comparison to your own more closely before joining."

When members of my bloodline have found themselves homeless amidst a group of leaders, requests for "policies" are often denied. Some say it's because of "Omerta" (a term I have grown fond of), that they wish not to allow anything in their family, out of their family. In most cases, their policies are hidden in their "HQ" until joining them. Upon joining, if you don't like it, you die. So... most homeless are incapable of this "policy examination".

Carries on despite members of his audience begin to fall asleep

Now, I didn't come back out here just to debate with Thomas (even though it's such a thrill). I have some other ideals to express. In some of these responses, "going rogue" has been looked at as a "last resort". I'm honestly disgusted at BiblicalDevestation for his actions. If my records are correct, BiblicalDevastation nearly never entered the streets. He rogued and died for the same apathy he was participating in. With that in mind, NOTHING pisses me off more than a hypocrite. I can understand the "if you want something done, do it yourself" mentality, but COME ON. My grandfather Ares managed 4 issues of a very successful periodical, which managed to spark activity for a time. If more people engaged in such endeavors, activity could sky-rocket. I commend those at the Molotov Radio, DazeCraze, and everyone taking part in our world today. I call these people "Social Rogues", and, in my opinion, they have affected our stagnancy problem than buying out of your family, setting up your own, and dying. But hey, that's just my opinion.
Report Post Tip
There are a couple points I would like to address here in all this commotion today.

The first one from BiblicalDeath's death speech being; "bosses too afraid to go to war with one another, or even make auths - because if they don't get Marietta's ok then it will be them in the shallow grave."

Now, last I checked with Marietta she hasn't had sole control over who goes in what city. As a matter of fact, it's up to the respective leader of each city whether they want to auth a person under them or not. The only city Marietta has supreme control over is Detroit. She isn't Godfather of the seven cities, she is Godfather of Detroit. Now correct me if i'm wrong here, but as far as I know of this life and that of journals i've seen, nine out of ten times it's been more of a group decision when it comes to authing an empty city. Now, i'm sure some people will come out here and try to say "Oh, but what about that one time where soandso authed everyoneandtheirmother without the approval of the rest of the family heads." This is why I say most of the time, it's a majority vote.

The second point i'd like to address, pushing through the verbal abuse and getting back to the topic at hand is that of a few words Cypher has spoken; When members of my bloodline have found themselves homeless amidst a group of leaders, requests for "policies" are often denied. Some say it's because of "Omerta" (a term I have grown fond of), that they wish not to allow anything in their family, out of their family. In most cases, their policies are hidden in their "HQ" until joining them. Upon joining, if you don't like it, you die. So... most homeless are incapable of this "policy examination".

I think what Thomas was trying to get at there when stating that people should examine a leader before they join that respective family was not to walk up to them and ask them to explain their rules and family secrets, but to listen to their speeches, look for projects they might be participating in around the cities. Also, looking for public policies set such as the Detroit Death Tax, and The Friendly Philadelphians, and even newer the friendly New Orleans crowds. I agree with you Cypher when you say that a family head would hardly give you the time of day if you straight up asked them as a civilian or a thug to explain their family operations to you. However, my point being there are more ways than one to get a feel for a family you are looking to seek protection from and ultimately die for.
Report Post Tip
First off, I apologize for any confusion my words may have caused. When I said I agreed with the original post, I was agreeing that the site seems to be a bit stale and stagnant at the moment..and maybe something should be done to spice it up.

I was NOT saying that Detroit, any businessmen (and women ;]) of that city are the CAUSE of this stagnation. As for people forming a collation against The Motor City Mafia, I'm not for that either. My personal beliefs about the conditions of our fair cities were on cue with backfire, but my opinion on HOW to fix this "problem" are very different from his.

Maybe I was out of line for disrespecting BB's father, and for that I apologize, as he did to me. Disrespect was shown...but it was quickly made up for so no hard dome.

I hope this has cleared up any lingering confusion, continue on gents and gentwo's.

-TonyViazzi

ps: vaction/relaxtion=las vegas
Report Post Tip
Aurora, when you said

"Now, last I checked with Marietta she hasn't had sole control over who goes in what city"

you are clearly forgeting Briana_Arao who was taken out by Marietta simply because she authed someone in a city where she was the only boss!
Report Post Tip
AEarMitt, given your shoddy memory of anything that took place, and subsequent confirmation of continuing your underachievement, allow me to tell you about Briana Arao's death/life/liberty/pursuit of happiness.

During November, Briana's RH was whisked away by the Gods to a farm in upstate New York where he continues to be very happy. Briana was devastated by this event, mind you it wasn't a biblical devastation, just the normal kind. She rashly announced her impending retirement and auth of a new leader. Detroit didn't initially mind, we only got involved as soon as a Made Man from Hayley's crew I believe it was mysteriously turned up in the obituaries and it was clear the Friendship was not going down without firing off its cannons in a blaze of glory. That, dear EarMitt, is why Briana Arao was killed.

Just to clarify as well, Marietta has been anxiously looking forward to leaders putting new auths into their cities, they just haven't. No one knows why, but I would suspect it is because most of them would like to fill their HQs first before making moves. There are currently five cities with one leader, Detroit and Chicago remain the only two with more than one family head.
Report Post Tip
Also, AEarMitt...there was a point in time when these cities were going through a time or repair and rebuilding. During that time, Marietta made it clear that she wanted to place two family heads per city. She was the one to make those authing decisions.

After a bit of time, and the cities were flourishing again to a point where there was clearly an established family in each city she turned over authority to auth in a filled city to the respective leader in their home town. Now, Thomas has made a valid and what should be obvious point that the leaders are probably waiting to fill their own headquarters to a point that they are happy with. Also, why would a leader want to just auth anyone to lead with them in their city. Surely one would wait until they have someone they can trust and respect enough to set them up with their own crew.
Report Post Tip
OK, my two cents, over time their will be wars but these things happen every so often to clear the bad blood. There will always be instances where things go wrong, but thats the business we live in, an extra suburb or certain streets are a big difference to our income at the end of the day.

As much as i believe sometimes the rank up and change things can work, i believe it is not through rank up and rogue. Though you have one voice as a member as a leader some people who may have shot you down, may agree with you suddenly. (yes we always get the yes crowd to).

Do i believe going rogue solves anything, well not really as to train your gun to be that good you got to get lucky.

Sometimes the simple ways to solve the stagnancy is mentor someone, so they can pass on skills to the future generations, bring something to the streets or crew to give them a laugh as in a job like ours we have enough stress upon us. Sometimes just a lil comment here and there, so people know your not a mute helps whether by mail or the streets.

Is the stagnation Detroits fault, no is the nature of the repetitive lifestyle some people have. Sometimes working your way through the neighbourhood robbing people blind is not enough. Is a lot more to this place, sometimes have to open the eyes and look around even simple things like irc avenues coffee shops show that.

Walks off to take Hydrophonic to dinner
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: An undelivered letter
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL