Get Timers Now!
X

May 20 - 17:06:56
Page:  1 
Loyalty begets Started by: Jack_Grimm on Jan 27, '09 12:51
Standing on his apartment balcony a tall well dress man stands over looking at the streets below. As people look up at him some recognize him from the neighborhood other never saw him before. He looks down at them with compassion and sadness as if he were about to die! Behind him stand three nicely dressed men, the Tall man turns toward them and speaks to them, they shake their heads in disagreement but they honor his request and step back into the apartment. The charismatic gentlemen turns back towards the crowd and speak.

Ladies and Gentlemen some of you do know me, but most of you don't. I have not spoken to you as much as I should have especially to such a large community in this manner before. Therefore I apologize you each of you now; for not doing such as I should have. I am a man that seeks wisdom and understanding. I have lived this life being cautious, women and children can be careless but not men. I have been low key as not to offend and I hope that this speech does not offend; but more or less I only wish to provoke thought and dialogue.

Jack pauses as to select his words carefully and continues.

I have heard many speak on Honor, Respect, and Loyalty I have seen a young man speak on our ten commandments on this thing of ours and he too tried to be respectful as I will try to dupelicate.

I believe that loyalty starts within us. I have seen great men come and go. I have seen some sent away like little birds. But I don't ask why that non of my business. What is will be. I have lost many friends yet I understand the life I choose. We can't help wanting to know why, but we most control our words when a leader makes that call don't ask questions just learn from it. We all should understand that these things, has to happen from time to time. I understand that some of us join this society with different goals in mine nevertheless. Loyalty is a commitment, a choice like any other choice in life. I say this because as men we have to live with those choices and hope for the best. Respect the position if you can not respect the man. Be loyal to this thing of ours don't run, don't

disassociate yourself from the family you have and run to another.

Loyalty still starts with us. My friends regardless of the reasons we must reach within ourselves and dig deep within and think of loyalty. Doing the right thing, the right way. Men die for various reasons some for ambition, others stupidity, some committee suicide and yet others retire choosing to send their children to fend for themselves and feed their starving siblings. Some even send their children to other families. Loyalty, means speaking up for what you believe but again I say the right way and that way is to talk it out with your skipper or if truly needed your Consigliere and listen to the wisdom that they have to impart unto you! If that is not to your liking speak to your best friend and only him but do not spread discontent among the whole family or air the issues out in public. Never let others outside your family know that you are not happy with the decisions your leadership made. If you our loyal then we should never post with anger without having a sit down with the heads of the family. Loyalty begets Honor. Honor proclaims the great things the family has done in the past, present and future. Honor is received when young men and women come to you for advise and they heed to it. Loyalty begets Respect. Respect is knowing and remembering the oath we took and forsome the oath you are working so hard to take. Respect this thing of ours it's to easy to lose very few grow to be old men that die in bed with their grand children and great grand children around. Again I say if you can't respect the person you must respect the position how can you expect to be a DON disrepecting a DON and in some cases all the DON's. That what loyalty means to me; that's my opinion on loyalty I do not speak for others just myself! Loyalty controls anger, loyalty respects your family. If someone disagrees with me then that's their opinion and we agree to disagree. If I am wrong my DON will deal with me accordingly. If I am dead after this I accept my fate at the hand of him that took me in when I came to these shores not so long ago. Remember when you first arrived someone introduced you to their DON. The family is only as strong as it's weakest link. So what! you got pass over for a promotion, so what! you did not get recognized for the last job you did. We all get busy and we all make mistakes. We must learn to suck it up and drive on. one day your day will come and trust me you will know you deserved it and you will be proud of it! Thank you for your time!

Jack nods his head as to say goodbye to the people below, then slowly turns and steps into his apartment waiting for the phone to ring and his best friend to be on the other end inviting him for what may be a one way ride
Report Post Tip
After hearing the distinguished person speaking,The_avenger muttered to himself...
Indeed a lot of speeches regarding this matter have already been delivered and yet some may yet have to learn to live up to its word.RESPECT,such an easy word to mutter and yet there are still some who find it hard to put into practice.

THe_avenger sadly shook his head as he slowly walks away,hoping that someday speeches regarding this topic won't be necessary anymore for every one is already living out the word RESPECT.
Report Post Tip
Listening intently to Jack speak on the topic of loyalty and respect, JR turns to discuss the topic with some of the other mafioso standing in the crowd.

If I remember correctly when we all first arrived on these shores we were informed of these topics and what was expected of us, and then this knowledge was passed down to us from our fathers who got the knowledge from their fathers and so on and so forth. It does seem though, as Jack said, that this knowledge has been forgotten by some, definitely not by all, but by some, and the idea of what is best for the family has been cast aside and what is best for the individual mafioso has become the goal. Once again I will say that I am not by any means talking about everyone because most of the mafioso in our community do follow the guidelines of loyalty and respect to the letter. But as it has been said, that hopefully someday these virtues will go without saying, not just for the majority, but the community as a whole.
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Loyalty begets
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL