Get Timers Now!
X

May 20 - 14:01:28
Page:  1 
Laginappe – A helluva ting Started by: Composite on Jan 27, '09 20:04
So I was walkin' around the fine city of New Orelans de utter day, and let me just say, she is one fine city! Da hooch, da parties and da dames! Sweet Mary, da DAMES! Dey sure ain't what they is back home! Dem Cajun women know how to make a man feel real special, ya know? And ya ain't gotta tell dem what's what, dat's for sure.

But anyway, what was I sayin?

Oh, yeah. So I'm walkin' around the fine city of New Orleans the utter day and I passes by some piker dat's standin' by a fruit stand.

Dis guy looks at me and sez, "Excuse me, aren't you the new guy around here, goes by Composite?"

So, I looks back at him all hard-boiled and sez, "Yeah. What's it to you, bub? You gotta problem with dat?"

Now he's all cowering-like and sez, "Oh, you've got it all wrong, sir. I just wanted to welcome you to our city and see if you would please pass along this envelope to your people. You know, for continued 'protection.' And as lagniappe, here's a bag of my finest fruits, just for you."

"Lan-yap," I sez. "What the hell is dat?"

He starts tellin' me's how it's some kinda Frenchy shit or sumptin', but what matters is dat it's when peoples give you extra stuff just cuz dey wanna be nice! I asked around a bit, and it turns out, he was on-the-level!

Yes' sir, New Orleans is turnin' out to be the real cat's meow. And you can bet your ass I'll be gettin' me and mine more of dat lagniappe.

Now if you'll excuse me, dere's a nice set of gams waitin' for me over in the Red Light District.

Composite then looks at his pocket watch and walks away. Silhouetted by the glow of flickering gas street lamps, he begins whistling "When the Saint's Go Marching In," occasionally leaping into the air to click his heels together. His diminishing form is blurred by the fog until he finally disappears into the thick, New Orleans night.
Report Post Tip
RedDevil walks down the street near midnight and sees a new member of his family jumping up in the streets and kicking his heels. He approaches the jovial fella silently and taps him on the shoulder.

Welcome to New Orleans Composite, I do suggest that if you do partake in the red light district you ensure your survival.

RedDevil tucks a little plastic package into Composite's breast pocket..

Stay away from the "Greenish Harlot Jaunt"... and if you do go in.. be sure to use what I gave you...

Welcome to N'Orleans!
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to:
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL