Get Timers Now!
X

May 17 - 05:55:34
Game Suggestions
0 Watchers
Page:  1 
BG Management Started by: Mac on Feb 02, '09 08:18
I have a few borrowed ideas to put forward for this. I borrowed from a Football Manager game :P

1. How about a list of bodyguards you can buy at any rank for varying salaries/fees, each one being slightly better, and therefore more expensive than the last. The twist being this, why would a very expensive, highly trained BG want to protect a lowly gangster? It would bring a new authority to rank, and a different twist on a mobsters defense. The better the BG, the likelier he is to only want to work for Capo and above.

2. In order to manage a BG correctly, what about whilst sending him on training missions, he stands a chance of getting an injury, which might mean that he has to either be taken out of commission for a couple of days, or, there could be an option whereby, you could give him an injection to get him through the rest of the day, but after that, he'd need 4 days to recuperate. He could also catch a cold, that might stand a chance of infecting the other BGs unless you send him home immediately. Conversely, there could be random bonus given to a BG's stats his may raise his quality a level.
Report Post Tip
I really like this idea. I think this would be far more interesting than the current system. BGs at the moment have been taken for granted. I.E youget authed, stockpile them until war.

They have just become an expensive stat boost and no one really pays attention to the fact that they are people that protect you. In a role play sorta way.

This would make people pay far more attention to the way they are protected. Although i bet it would require a mass overhaul of the BG system and wacking BG system and i bet that is gna be an ass hole for the admins.
Report Post Tip
A really nice twist on it.

For it to be effective, if would probably require a lower rank on the number of BGs though. That way you can't just go for EXP at thug. You have to weigh up the benefits at buying cheap at a low rank to keep you alive vs. weighting until a higher rank so you get a higher boost.

Very interesting thoughts Mac. Kudos.
Report Post Tip
It sounds like a good idea but them getting colds and stuff would be kind of hard to manage.

But the idea of having some bodyguards better than some others, maybe we would have to pay the ones who are better more money or something like that. And also training them like that would be kind of hard too.
Report Post Tip
Hey Mike, I had thought of that, it would definitely involve having a limited number of BG positions. Maybe something like 30 positions available. A possibility would also be that you could train one of the guys you buy at gangster up to a higher level, or maybe introduce a trading system, whereby, someone could put his weak BG up for sale once he has no need for it anymore and needs the space to be filled by a hotshot BG.
Report Post Tip
Selling bodyguards is wierd, they should'nt be that bad
Report Post Tip
I don't believe this would help very much...

Take for instance, a Don. If the Don is Extremely Well Protected (28+ BGs), why would you allow him/her to get even better bodyguards? It would completely eliminate the hopes of ever warring him/her. Giving more protection to higher ranks would tip the balance of high/low ranks even further than it is right now. It would also put more emphasis on gun power, which is already nearly controlling our world to the core. Everyone is preoccupied with a good gun and staying alive than actually playing the game. The more you focus on things that aren't RP-able (such as gun/protection/etc.) the less focus you will have on text-based activity.
Report Post Tip
I agree with Cypher. And if this did happen, wars would last for months.
Report Post Tip
Cypher, your point is a fair one...

However, if you read some of the previous posts by myself and Mac, we have both noted that it would require a slight ammendment to the existing system. Now, you can buy >100 BGs if you have the funds available.

Under a system which would diferenciate between the level of bg's purchased, a cap on the number of BGs you could buy would be required. Mac mentioned 30, but it could just as easily be 20 or 10 (with an associated change in the benefits provided by bg's to make this workable under the stat's of the game).

The biggest problem with this, it's such a large departure from the existing system it would really need to be implimented at a reset to be fair. Personally, I like the idea as it adds more thought to the bg buying process.
Report Post Tip
If a Don has over 28 bodyguards andd could get better ones, like Cypher said, a war would last forever. And if they were to get even better bodyguards, some Family leaders would be killing whoever they want laughing and knowing they can't die.
Report Post Tip
There would still be the same advantages as there are now, there would still be the 1% chance you could get through, although, it would add more functionality to training your BGs, make it more realistic.

There could even be the case where you train some BGs to protect you and drag you behind a car, where some could be trained to shoot back.

It would give the user more control over they train their abilities, either offensively or defensively.
Report Post Tip
It would require a lot of coding though, and as such it is not likely we would see anything near it in this version...more for the next version coming out really.
Report Post Tip
could maybe be something for the admins to think about for the new game but would be pointless in starting to code this for this game.

Also I don't like the idea of them getting a cold and affecting the others i would like to think the only thing that could affect bodyguards are bullets, if i got a personal saying xxxxxx bodyguard 13 has picked up a cold. i would fucking rage and kill him myself. It would almost be as bad as. xxxxxx bodyguard 2 is unhappy and is looking to transfer elsewhere.

but i definately like the first part of the idea where you get different strengths for different salaries, would make alot more sense.
Report Post Tip

Game Suggestions
Replying to: BG Management
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL