Get Timers Now!
X

May 20 - 11:28:53
Page:  1 
Invincibles Slurp n Slop Started by: Invincible on Mar 30, '14 19:01

Squinting your eyes from the bright lights that pierced through the night, you couldn't help but notice a bright neon sign; flashing the words Grub. The place looked a little off, but in a good way. A way that made you want to forget your worries and make some new ones, perhaps with some new people. Deciding that you deserved a drink after a long day of mischief, you make your way inside cautiously.

Once you open the doors, the gaze of the bar guests meet you - sizing you up. Having decided that you were no threat, they turned quickly back to their various drinks. Noticing a pair of pool tables and a coat rack to the right when you first walk in, you make your way towards the coat rack to hang your jacket. Reaching into your pocket you pull out a nickel and set it down on the table to save your place in line for a game.

Moseying around, you decide to examine the place further. It's a unique place, with a U shaped bar in the far end of the building. A few distinguished looking men sat puffing away on their cigars; muttering amongst themselves. No doubt businessmen from one of the many local Families...Best to leave them be.

Not too far off to the right of that sat a lounge area. A couch, two chairs, and two small tables with porcelain ashtrays on them sat atop a fine fur rug - a perfect little hangout area for those who didn't like to sit at the bar, but still wanted to enjoy the atmosphere. As you take a seat upon the couch your eyes glance down and notice a menu sitting there;

Beer - Draft or bottle, always ice cold!

Whiskey - Available in shots, mixed drinks, or by the bottle.

Rum - Available in shots, mixed drinks, or by the bottle.

Vodka - Available only in shots, mixed drinks, or by the bottle.

Mixers - We have a wide variety of mixers to make mixed drinks with, list available upon request.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Burgers - Cooked any way you like, topped with your choice of; lettuce, tomato, cheese, pickles.

Chicken - Marinated in a house secret sauce for 24 hours, our chicken is baked to perfection before being dipped briefly into a deep fryer.

Mozzarella sticks - Always fresh mozzarella cheese - breaded in a blend of spices and seasonings and deep fried to deliciousness.

Hot dogs - Can't get much simpler than this bar classic, available with relish, pickles, hot sauce.

Various other items: Popcorn, pretzels, crackers, peanuts.

Your mouth starts to salivate slightly as you read the menu, and your stomach growls in hopes that it will get fed. Smacking your lips together briefly, you light a cigarette up before walking up to the bar. Not quite sure what you want to drink yet, you take a seat and await the bartender.

Report Post Tip

Finally home after a series of business trips Avery is on her way back to her apartment when something catches her eye. A neon sign that said "Grub" last time she was in town that sign wasn't there she thinks to herself. Being that it had been a long day of travel and the fact she hadn't eaten since the previous day she decides to go check it out.

Not sure what this place was Avery slowly opens the door and peaks her head to check out what this place actually is. Noticing a bar with a few some what familiar face she decides to enter. There were a couple empty seats so she took the one closest to the front door since it looked like no one was sitting there. She noticed a menu laying on the counter top and began to look it over.

Mixers - We have a wide variety of mixers to make mixed drinks with, list available upon request.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Burgers - Cooked any way you like, topped with your choice of; lettuce, tomato, cheese, pickles.

Chicken - Marinated in a house secret sauce for 24 hours, our chicken is baked to perfection before being dipped briefly into a deep fryer.

Mozzarella sticks - Always fresh mozzarella cheese - breaded in a blend of spices and seasonings and deep fried to deliciousness.

Hot dogs - Can't get much simpler than this bar classic, available with relish, pickles, hot sauce.

Waiting patiently for the bartender to stop chatting with another customer she starts to notice everything that is around her. It is a very cozy place the kind of atmosphere she could get used to. Catching herself in a day dream she hears a voice "Welcome Miss, can I get you something." Without hesitation Avery answers, "Can I get a Vodka with a splash of cranberry juice and an order of Mozzarella Sticks please."

Report Post Tip

Waiting for the bartender Skip takes a look at the menu again

Being kind of picky Skip knew he wouldn't be trying the chicken with its "secret" sauce but he really though he could eat a burger and some mozzarella sticks. 'Now what to drink' Skip thought to himself thinking about his choices. He really could use a rum and coke from the day he was having maybe without the coke. When the bartender approaches Skip and asks

"What will you be having today mam?"

Skip puts down the menu, straightens his tie, and places his order.

"Yeah dollface"

Skip winks at the man speaking in the deepest voice he can muster.

"I'll take a Double shot rum and coke some mozzarella sticks and a burger cooked well done with all the fixings"

Skip hope the man isn't against a little male on male flirting especially since he mistook Skip for a woman and hopes the bartender doesn't spit in his food, but nonetheless he waits patiently for his order.

Report Post Tip

Sneaker finally finds her way to the new business in Detroit only to find that Skip has beaten her there. She laughs and and takes a seat beside skip.

Hiya Skip. Have you found anything interesting here yet? The bartender looks kind of promising, she says slyly with a wink. She picks up a menu and reads over it.

The menu was great on drinks but sparse on food. Maybe a liquid lunch was in order. When the bartender came over, she placed her order.

How about a bottle of your best Whiskey/Scotch blend, a straw, and two double shot glasses. she said to him. She sat with Skip waiting for her order wondering what they could get into tonight. The night was young, after all and she was ready to cause trouble.

Report Post Tip

Invincible makes his way into his newly opened business, with a big smile on his face gleaming with joy and pride from his establishment. Noticing the first few guests that had made their way inside. He hurries the staff to make sure they are taken care of and enjoying themselves. Invincible then made his way over to the bar shaking hands with everyone and introducing himself.

I am glad you all could make it, I hope you're enjoying yourselves as much as I am.

Invincible then made his way into his little office in the back, while there was a stack of papers on there he decided they could wait. Reaching into the bottom drawer he pulls out a bottle of his favorite whisking and makes his way back out into the bar to celebrate.

Report Post Tip

the bags of meat from her latest shopping trip weighed hard on her arms, as the fatigue and thirst hit her simulataneously.  She had been walking round for what seemed like hours as she slumped into the stool.

"Can i take a glass of rum please, with ice."

as she waited she looked around the establishment, studying the building exits, dark points, before returning the bar

Report Post Tip

lronSight comes strolling into the business and begins to wonder why he came to a shady mafia hangout to drink when he knew he was supposed to be locked up in the hole. He shrugs, assumes that drunken him had good intentions and notices that this place also has alcohol. lronSight approaches the bartender, smiles and asks,

"Can I get a Screwdriver on the rocks? I know it's not traditionally served on the rocks where I drink but I've got an ache in my jaw like something fierce and I just don't have the time to wait for the pain to go away. Figure I can drink and ice it out of me before long."

lronSight waits for his drink rubbing his jaw and then turns to look at his watch, damned thing was busted again but he was stuck in Detroit. lronSight sighed and muttered to himself,

"I guess this means you'll be broken for at least another day or two until I can get you to the right repairman."

Report Post Tip

Sipping at the rum again she watched the hundreds of durdens running round the streets like they owned the place, sighing before letting off a little laugh she thought how quickly they would be in paupers graves as them and their boss died.

Sipping a bit more she tapped on the bar for another and scratched the back of her head.  just seemed to be another one of them days today she thought to herself with a smirk.

Report Post Tip

Zinner walks along the streets of Detroit and looking around for something to eat she passes byInvisibles Slurp n Slop and decides to walk inside. 

She walks over to the bar and looks at the menu to see what she would like to eat and drink. 

Looking at the menu Zinner realizes she won't be able to eat something big, so she decides and goes to the employee and says:

"Hi. I would like some Mozzarella sticks and a bottle of beer please.", she puts the money on the bar and goes to take a seat while waiting for the food to get ready.

Report Post Tip

Detroit Business District
Replying to: Invincibles Slurp n Slop
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL