Get Timers Now!
X

May 14 - 17:18:22
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
COMING SOON: Mid rank scenarios, stat points Started by: Squishy on Apr 01, '14 23:53

Here is something we have been toying around with for a while - each promotion in level will result in a "Scenario" which, depending on how you answer will result in a stat boost, and in some cases even more.  The eventual goal will be that a large pool of these will be written, so that one will be presented to you at every increase in level and have no repeats.

We will be gathering a group of writers who would be interested in contributing towards this, and expect to have this done around June. (Working on 27 different things at once is a real bitch. mehhh)

"Psst. Hey. Yeah, you. Over here."

The man you know as Jimmy, an Wiseguy in your family, calls you over to his table in the sparsely populated bar. You look around, but its pretty obvious that he's beckoning you, so you make your way over to sit next to him. Jimmy leans in, a big grin on his face.

"I need some help with a job. You're new around here, and I bet you could use the cash." So far, so good. You nod, interested. It's always good to have an extra bit of change to jingle. Jimmy continues.

"There's an art gallery a few blocks north of the offices. Rumor has it a big shipment is coming in early Tuesday. I gotta guy at the shop who can help us see to it that a couple of boxes don't make it to their final destination." Jimmy winks, and takes another swig from the tumbler in front of him. "But its gonna take at least three of us, and tight lips all the way around."

Jimmy looks over his shoulders to make sure no one else is listening, and lowers his voice. "This ain't something the boss needs to know about. I mean, we got bills to pay too eh?" He leans back, letting you soak it all in.

"So what about it? You in?"

1.     "Yeah, I'm in." But of course you're just going through the motions. As soon as Jimmy finishes his drink, you plan to hightail it to headquarters and let someone higher up know about his little heist.

a.     STAT MODIFICATION: (+) Stat
    b.     5% CHANCE ROLL: Jimmy found out from a little birdie that you're a two timing squealer. You just crossed the wrong guy, bub. The next time you walk into the bar, he greets you with a fist to the face. You wake up in the alleyway, barely able to move your jaw, a note pinned to your chest: "Maybe you'll think twice next time about those lose lips." (+2) Stat, (-1) Stat

2.     "Yeah, I'm in." You can smell the money you'll make from fencing the art already, not to mention what you'll get from Jimmy when you blackmail him for scamming the boss.

b.     5% CHANCE ROLL: Jimmy stares at you with absolute loathing as he hands you half of his share. "Don't think I'll be taking this shit from you for long. I'll be watching and waiting for you to screw up. Fucking turks, think they rule the damn place…" (+2) Stat, (-1) Stat

3.     "No way." You know better than to be pulling jobs on the side in the boss' territory without sending a cut his way. Let Jimmy get himself in trouble. You're just starting out and trying to make a good name for yourself.

b.     5% CHANCE ROLL: Jimmy eyes you suspiciously, with a hint of fear in his eyes. If you go to the boss, you're done for. He slides over an envelope with a few hefty notes in. "Then for both our sakes, we never had this conversation." (+2) Stat, (-1) Stat

4.     "No way." Jimmy's about to get busted, big time, and you're going to be the one to do it. Your next stop? Headquarters. The boss would be very interested to know of Jimmy's side business.

a.     STAT MODIFIATION: (+) Stat
    b.     5% CHANCE ROLL: The boss looks at you from across the desk, his fingers steepled on his lips. "Interesting. This is not good. Not good at all. But thank you for bringing this to my attention. Your loyalty shall not go unrewarded." (+2) Stat, (-1) Stat

Report Post Tip

Wow! This is interesting! Can't wait. :3

Report Post Tip
Any date in mind Izzy? Maybe in a month or 2 or possibly even sooner?
Report Post Tip

I love this change!

Report Post Tip
It should shake things up a little
Report Post Tip

Interesting but what about those who are already highly ranked? It would be a bit of a bummer for someone to miss out on these stat boosts because they were already a Don

Report Post Tip

Excellent idea.

Would it be possible to have the interaction occur between actual family members rather than NPCs? In my head I'm thinking of something similar to OCs, with an element of the Godfather promotion thrown in, where you would need to invite certain people to the event and each must be prepared to carry some sort of risk. Then depending upon how well you, as a crew, perform, you get different boosts.

Report Post Tip

I have to agree with James_Van_Der_Beek. I'm maxed out on levels and ranks already. Does this mean that I can't take advantage of the potential stat boosts simply because I worked hard before this was implemented?

Report Post Tip

I'd say some kind of stat boost will need to be implemented for people who won't get a chance to go through this process.

That said, I think this is awesome, and i would happily lend my pen to this project.

Report Post Tip
Will folks know which stat is being boosted??
Report Post Tip

When it goes live, you will be able to do your past levels.

Report Post Tip

I might be reading this wrong, but could this lead to an issue where it can potentially spoil info/defense/stealth/wack accounts from the offchance of the -1 hitting their best stats?

Report Post Tip

Can't wait for this!

Report Post Tip

*offers to get out her crayons and write for this so long as Squishy keeps it on the down low.

Report Post Tip
Any idea when this will come out?
Report Post Tip
Will we be TOLD which stats are being effected?
Report Post Tip

This is a good one. I hope it will be up soon.

Report Post Tip

Any update on when this will be done or how far along it has come?

Report Post Tip

I can help if you guys need some writing samples or action scenes etc.... just holler

Report Post Tip
This is awesome cant wait to use this:)
Report Post Tip

News & Announcements
Replying to: COMING SOON: Mid rank scenarios, stat points
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL