Get Timers Now!
X

May 10 - 12:48:11
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 
GAME CHANGE: Mademan, a position of trust. Started by: Squishy on May 12, '14 19:36

lol

Report Post Tip

I like this change a lot. 

Report Post Tip

As a potential future alteration though, should it not be if you're made MM in that family you can't have it taken, but if you join another (say your leader dies) then that CL should have the opportunity to do so, as they didn't give you the nod.

Report Post Tip

so then it would allow you to carry your rank over or get demoted to WG until you establish trust again

Report Post Tip

Nice. Like this :) Best Luck in our Family. Hope to reach Mademan :)

-GoodShit

Report Post Tip

Yeah exactly TheTripleDeuce, just because a previous leader trusted you with the badge doesn't mean the current one has to. 

Report Post Tip

I have to say I am all for this. As to the people saying some people get drunk and go crazy even if you respect and trust someone in your family. Yes they may turn on you but see, it is your job to keep your members in line as the family head. Even when they are drunk. If they are such a good friend you should be able to talk them out of shooting someone. 

As to the idea of making it so you cant demote someone. I think maybe make it so you can only demote to made man. Aka a made man obviously cant be demoted anymore but I think demotion can be still used for less serious offenses. I know its rare for it to be even used but I can still see value in keeping it around. For one what if someone wants to be a proer and you want to make it even more of a chance they will fail? Taking the ability to completely demote away would also take away this option.

Report Post Tip

Yes they may turn on you but see, it is your job to keep your members in line as the family head. Even when they are drunk. If they are such a good friend you should be able to talk them out of shooting someone. 

That's simply not possible all of the time. Sometimes people are tired of the game, get bored, etc and just because you trust them at one point doesn't mean that some time further down the road they won't, for example, take up drinking, drugs, VD, etc irl and start shooting some people in game. People snap. Regardless of CL leadership abilities. Then there's the people that are just there to cause problems or outright betray you. Even the best leader can't "sniff out" every possible loose cannon. 

Anyhow, I think changes like this have a (potential) problem that I don't think has really been brought up. Or at least I'm concerned it will lead to this problem. Especially if they were to ever implement the "can't demote"  idea that's being thrown around. That is, that CL's will be less likely to promote to Made Man. Which will in turn make it harder for someone that isn't already bloodline-friendly with the CL to earn that trust. Which you might think would be good for in game and maybe it is, but, it could mean encouraging the shrinking of your user base even further. If I was a new player(or even a returning old player) and despite my best efforts my CL won't advance me, well, why would I stick around? You've made it more likely for someone to not be able to advance in this game. Which in turn will make them less likely to stick around let alone drop money on credits. 

I suppose someone will reply to this with a "well, they aren't trying hard enough to get in their CL's good graces". All I can really say to that is that not everyone is as good at schmoozing as I'm sure a lot of the people reading this are.

This game is cliquey enough without further disincentives to allow someone into the uber cool Made Man+ club. 

Or maybe I'm wrong. It's possible. I am an old man, after all. Just ask Severe. He'll tell you how old I am. :P Sometimes I get a little senile, rambly and crazy in my old age. 

Report Post Tip

I suppose someone will reply to this with a "well, they aren't trying hard enough to get in their CL's good graces". All I can really say to that is that not everyone is as good at schmoozing as I'm sure a lot of the people reading this are.

This is a mafia game. If you cant do basic mafioso skills such as "schmoozing" you're playing the wrong game. Made man wasn't suppose to be easy. Hell real mafioso's don't really get very far in this lifestyle choice. Most get to made man and die or get old. I mean look at these ranks

Rank Breakdown
Godfather - 14
Don - 52
Consigliere - 75
Boss - 74
Capo - 86
Made Man - 49
Wise Guy - 113
Earner - 89
Goomba - 101
Gangster - 135
Thug - 15
Civilian/Petty Thief - 79

350 MM+ 532 not made man that's almost 50% at made man or higher 

Also family leaders, present and future, need to start making every new person (And by new I mean they just created their toon not new to the game) earn their place. And we as the group not in power or not bold/slanty need to learn that logging on, paying BARE minimum to your family leader, having the game requirements completed doesn't mean you're deserving of a promotion. Get to know your leader. Its freaking bullcrap and an excuse to say you cant get somewhere ON YOUR FIRST TOON TO THESE SHORES. I and a few others have had a first toon that not only got their own family but was an acting head. Try messaging your crew leader AND hands. Get to know them and offer to help in anyway. Just keep talking to people and you will be surprised where that gets you. This is a social game. If you're too quiet people wont trust you. And if you are old school DON'T GET LAZY. If you are a leader don't play favorites and if you do learn some damn secrecy and stop being so obvious about it, this is a mobster game and if you cant hide something that simple you should feel ashamed.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $100,000 Tip

Also family leaders, present and future, need to start making every new person (And by new I mean they just created their toon not new to the game) earn their place. And we as the group not in power or not bold/slanty need to learn that logging on, paying BARE minimum to your family leader, having the game requirements completed doesn't mean you're deserving of a promotion. Get to know your leader. Its freaking bullcrap and an excuse to say you cant get somewhere ON YOUR FIRST TOON TO THESE SHORES. I and a few others have had a first toon that not only got their own family but was an acting head. Try messaging your crew leader AND hands. Get to know them and offer to help in anyway. Just keep talking to people and you will be surprised where that gets you. This is a social game. If you're too quiet people wont trust you. And if you are old school DON'T GET LAZY. If you are a leader don't play favorites and if you do learn some damn secrecy and stop being so obvious about it, this is a mobster game and if you cant hide something that simple you should feel ashamed.

This guy gets it. He deserves a round of applause

Report Post Tip
As a potential future alteration though, should it not be if you're made MM in that family you can't have it taken, but if you join another (say your leader dies) then that CL should have the opportunity to do so, as they didn't give you the nod.

Reply by: Freddy at May 19, '14 22:09

I'd just like to bump this particular bit, as it's a fairly valid concern. (Though personally I think when joining a new family, 99% of the time people should be demoted back to Wise Guy any fucking way, that's besides the point!)
Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

News & Announcements
Replying to: GAME CHANGE: Mademan, a position of trust.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL