Get Timers Now!
X

May 10 - 13:17:41
Game Suggestions
1 Watchers
Page:  1 
Minimum age before suiciding. Started by: Desmand on May 14, '14 17:17

There seems to be an ever growing trend of people making new accounts, getting recruited, being given some "start up" money and then suiciding and starting the process over again. 

Alternatively, making new accounts and posting some crap only to suicide like an hour later and post more crap with a new account. 

Would be nice if there was like a minimum time before an account could suicide, like 12 hours perhaps? Might limit general piss takers/spammers/ThirdSun. 

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $50,000 Tip

Agreed. 24 hours would be better imo. But Agreed!

Report Post Tip

Ehhh there are legit reasons to suicide shortly after making an account, so maybe we should approach this another way?  Perhaps you cant suicide 2x/3x whatever within 1 day or something?

I just want to make sure that all the legit suicides can still happen, and that we only target those purposely being disruptive or whatevers.

Report Post Tip

Squishy has a point lol I liked it better :) Go Giants!

Report Post Tip

Well I'm down for whatever suggestion you think solves the problem since it's clearly a small minority ruining it for everyone else with legitimate reasons to suicide such as wanting to read their funeral home/take down thread etc. 

Report Post Tip

There is now a limit on how often you can suicide.

Your bloodline needs a break, you've suicided 3 times. If you really need to kill yourself, try again in 22 hours, 12 minutes, 11 seconds.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

OMG i love this change

Report Post Tip

This was reduced to allowing two suicides in a 24 hour period.

Report Post Tip

id like to see a minimum age before posting in the streets too, like if your too young you get a "who do you think you are you dont know these streets well enough" type message

Report Post Tip

Excellent addition Triple Deuce!

Perhaps make it so you can not post for 2 hours upon creating your character?

Report Post Tip

Make it a certain rank. Like Wise Guy or even Made Man. Hell, if we're going realistic then only those with a button should be able to speak on the streets.

Report Post Tip

i disagree with only buttonmen being able to speak in the streets however there needs to be a way the streets arent filled with this garbage from thse suiciders, perhaps have the time be 48 hours

Report Post Tip
I think two hours would be enough of a deterrent bearing in mine the cap on suicides. You could only suicide a couple of times and if you had to wait 2 hours to post in the mean time...well, it would hinder trolls greatly.
Report Post Tip

Love the original suggestion and pleased its in place.

As to the off topic stuff regarding streets.. totally disagree. Streets are for everyone, they shouldn't be limited.

Report Post Tip

streets should be limited, theres enough things in this game that arent limited, why are the streets a free for all to people who spam the streets every day all day, the streets have the ability of granting boosts to players stats so why wouldnt you want to make sure that they are being used appropriately?

Report Post Tip

Make it a certain rank. Like Wise Guy or even Made Man. Hell, if we're going realistic then only those with a button should be able to speak on the streets.

streets should be limited, theres enough things in this game that arent limited, why are the streets a free for all to people who spam the streets every day all day, the streets have the ability of granting boosts to players stats so why wouldnt you want to make sure that they are being used appropriately?

I'm really against the above suggestions. If you believe that the problem is spam - then surely the solution is better regulation of The Streets (street sweepers), rather than restricting The Streets for everyone of a certain age?

Some people prefer role-playing & writing over the other (click monkey) elements of the game. The Streets are the core, the heart of the game - where everything else has been built around. To restrict posting would be hugely disappointing.

Not only that, but it's wholly unrealistic, from a role-playing perspective. To state the opposite is confusing - of course, a small-time crook could be vocal.

Report Post Tip

the streets have the ability of granting boosts to players stats so why wouldnt you want to make sure that they are being used appropriately?

Because the boost you speak of is pointless when you are dead. And thats invariably where the street spammer ends up, so what is the need to worry about the little extra vision they obtained.

Report Post Tip

the streets have the ability of granting boosts to players stats so why wouldnt you want to make sure that they are being used appropriately?

Because the boost you speak of is pointless when you are dead. And thats invariably where the street spammer ends up, so what is the need to worry about the little extra vision they obtained.

Report Post Tip

id agree with the street sweeper aspect but if they have full access to the streets without having any penalties towards their actions strictly from a RP perspective how does someone godmode for 48 hours?

Report Post Tip

Game Suggestions
Replying to: Minimum age before suiciding.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL