Get Timers Now!
X

May 20 - 12:46:07
Page:  1 
Rules Of Engagement Started by: MrNobody on Oct 25, '07 01:48
MrNobody leans against a lamplight on the corner of First and Main, and starts speaking...

Another day, another war. This leads me to a question.

When should a family stop removing threats after their crewleader dies?

Clearly the issue of whether or not members of the "winning side" should kill members of the "losing side" after a crewleader is dead is a debate that might never be settled, but what about those members of the "losing side" that participated in the war and shot at members of the "winning side"? Is it appropriate to shoot at another because you know they have a gun and could use it against you after a war has ended?

I can't think of a time this has ever been completely defined. The general rule has always pretty much been "If they have a tattoo of the 'losing family', they're off limits".

What are your thoughts? What defines a threat? Who's worthy of continuing to live?
Report Post Tip
Well back in the day I remember a lot of the time everyone made man and above would automatically get killed, some wise guys that were seen as threats with good guns would be taken out, or any other that would be expected to retaliate after the leader was dead.

As for shooting other a families members after their leader has died I think is rather crappy. Out of respect I would only see it suitable to at least give them half a day or so to find another family, if they have the right tags in their profile.

Just my two cents, it's a debate and I'm sure everything is going get tossed all around here cant wait to hear everyone out!

-Dakine
Report Post Tip
FlyingWig steps forward after listening and thinking about what has been said

I agree with Dakine that maybe homeless should be given some time to find a new home, there are always some that want to and carry one, but others do not feel the same and will either find a place to say and die peacefully in their sleep or go hunting for revenge, while it is commendable that thery wish to avenge fallen comrades, they spoil it for the ones that wish lto carry on and find shelter else where, this then raises the arguement that any people left homeless after a CL dies should be taken out for this reason alone for the s afety of the other families.

All in all,

This will always remain a catch 22 situation and as far as i can see, there is no plausable solution on the horizon.

FlyingWig catches his breath and steps back to allow the others to speak
Report Post Tip
Cadeus puts down his morning coffee & begins to speak

First of all if you can't hear me tough I aint standing.

As I come from a long line professional hitters my first reaction is of course kill 'em all, but when I stop and think maybe people who are not seen as a threat & are below made man should be spared, providing of course they had no active part in the war. Then again in cases like this recent war when the lossing side is the aggressor then everyone who joined this man knowing what he was like should have known something like this would happen & it was their choice to join him.

pours a little vodka in the coffee & begins drinking again.
Report Post Tip
I was hoping to see a few suggestions thrown out regarding this issue, as I think it will continue to be an argument through time. This just shows both sides of the fence though, and how difficult it is to find a solution.

If I may though, I've thought a little on this, and I came up with what I would do if I were ever a leader.

First, anyone found shooting in the war would have to go. I understand that one must be loyal to their leader, but the moment you fire a weapon, how can you be considered innocent?

Two, anyone "innocent" ranked higher than Earner would be demoted to Earner upon their arrival into a new home. Afterall, there should be a period of proving for someone entering a new family.

Three, Right Hands would have to go. They are a part of the leadership structure and should be considered the biggest threat still alive, if they are.

Again, these would be the rules I'd personally implement if I were in an authority role, but I'd be interested in hearing any pros or cons from everyone, especially from our busy leaders if they find a moment.
Report Post Tip
MrNobody. I agree.

Animal turns and walks away.
Report Post Tip
"Well back in the day I remember a lot of the time everyone made man and above would automatically get killed, some wise guys that were seen as threats with good guns would be taken out, or any other that would be expected to retaliate after the leader was dead."

I honestly don't remember scorched on all the made guys.
Report Post Tip
So your fore fathers never left you any journals from time of Black Fog? Oh did my great grandad enjoy those times.
Report Post Tip
Shoot them all. Twice.
Report Post Tip
~Puck pondered the questions before him carefully before standing up and tossing in his thoughts~

See, it all comes down to how you take down a family, in my opinion. Anyone smart would eliminate the upper structure and the heaviest hitters as well as the Boss. That's the sensible thing to do. What I've never been able to understand, is why slaughter - yes, harsh word but it's the only one I find fitting - of all the still-sleeping "lowbies" within a family who pose no threat and infact only find out what's gone on when they...well...try to wake up and never do.

~He shook his head~

Such a waste of life.

I digress though, perhaps it's very much different when it's you up there making the decisions and you've gotta look after the family. Wiping everyone out would pretty much make certain of their safety...I guess...
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Rules Of Engagement
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL