Get Timers Now!
X

May 02 - 18:20:33
Page:  1 
Locals broken? I think not. Started by: FullMetal on Feb 07, '09 21:24
Recently we've implemented a new skill called "info". It will serve a few different purposes now and in the future, one of them currently being the way your locals currently look. As it is now, you will only see the people who have a stealth lower than your info skill. There are people who can see everyone and there are people who can only see a few. I recommend crew leaders find out who has the most sight, as they will be a much needed tool in the coming time.

There will be a few changes to this system to hopefully improve upon it. Please bare with us during this process.
Report Post Tip
Although I know it's early days and I don't want to come across as too critical, I want to suggest a few things (if they aren't already being considered)

-A sizeable increase in "info" skill per rank, it makes sense after all that the more highly regarded you are - the more info you'll be privy to.

-A general tweak in locals? Although I think this is a great idea, there were only 8 people in my locals before, 3 of which were admins. That does seem a tad excessive, in my opinion.

-A viable way to train your info skill? Sort of like the training range - but a more viable system? Perhaps for each "train" you do, it's classed as buying/bribing more contacts; thus raising info skill?

- If not that, then perhaps a private detective addition in the tips section, something along the lines of http://mafiareturns.com/comm/thread/17660 this suggestion.

Again, I'm not trying to be too critical mate - just suggesting a few tidbits which (I think) could enhance the feature as I currently see it.
Report Post Tip
Now are lets say 6 day old still not active civilians not appearing as well? So not everyone can see every new IA?
Report Post Tip
Sounds like a great concept- thank you for working to implement it.

I'm not sure if this is already included, but I'd like to throw out the idea that everyone (and especially CLs) should get a sizable boost in their "sight" when they are in their home city. It seems very logical that you know your home city better than some place you just fly to for drugs.
Report Post Tip
wow this is a great idea I don't think you should be able to train your stealth but should ask other members :-)
Report Post Tip
Nice feature, it will really make the wars harder and more realistic :)
Report Post Tip
As a concept I like it. Though can we just sort out that a CL, RH or LH can see all their members that are in the same city on locals :)
Report Post Tip
I wonder though, are they re-doing the skill right now, because I know myself as well as quite a few others I know can see the whole locals list, just seems like more people can see them than should be able to
Report Post Tip
I like what EL_Nino said and I do think there should be a way to train this feature
Report Post Tip
i like this idea brings more sneakyness and realism in the game and yes we should be able to train this skill..
Report Post Tip
I like the idea but there is one thing that may work. If you can't find someone in your city that you want to kill, you can just go to shoot and the message will just say not in your city.

I think if you shoot someone now that isn't in your city(because of this new skill) it should say you missed or something but you will still be able to shoot because you really didn't shoot at anyone as the person was never there to start with.
Report Post Tip
Will this skill apply to Citizens, in order to making IA lists?
Report Post Tip
Great idea. Makes more of the crew potentially involved. I like it.
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: Locals broken? I think not.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL