Get Timers Now!
X

May 14 - 20:35:28
Game Suggestions
0 Watchers
Page:  1 
CLs and the Business District Started by: MacLeod on Feb 08, '09 15:23
CLs in their city should be able to wack their respective Business District threads.

- It would keep the business district nice and tidy. The admins no longer have to worry about it, and there won't be 3 pages worth of old businesses lying around. Only active businesses would be present in the forum, which benefits everyone.

- It would put good pressure on business owners to actually do something with their businesses and work on keeping it active, which would benefit everyone.

- It would improve character to character interaction. Admittedly, there is a risk that a CL could go out of control and just start wacking threads of someone he/she didn't like. BUT- why would someone set up a business in a city controlled by someone who didn't like them in the first place? And surely if such an abuse of power was present, the other family leaders could step in and rectify the situation. I fail to see how this would hurt anything.

- It would add a greater ability to CLs, which would make being bold mean more. Now a leader would actually be controlling their city. They can charge a tax on businesses and actually be able to enforce it. Either way, it's adding an ability that the CLs SHOULD have, since a fair chunk of the money that the mafia made was in "protection".
Report Post Tip
I like this idea, all too often you'll walk into a business only to find out that it has been long since shut down, with this idea implemented, it will allow CL's to decide when a business is no longer up and running. Bravo Macleod
Report Post Tip
I'm certainly not the only one who has thought of it. I'm just not sure if there's a tenable argument against it.
Report Post Tip
Nice idea, and the jobs could be a official game feature.
Report Post Tip
No one is coming to my businesses and its annoying.I have good businesses and it took me ages to write them.I think you should just have detailed businesses and mines are detailed.
Report Post Tip
Where's your business, Vito?
Report Post Tip
But if you had a business that you've made like back in October or November like me, and it is'nt as active as it used to be but it still gets a few people every month. What if a Don just finds out someone has'nt been there for like a week and deletes it? I think the people who own the place should have the ability to close it, in a more realistic way in the 1930s or 1940s a Don won't come to your business and say you have to leave.
Report Post Tip
A Don would send someone to help close your business, if you weren't paying protection.

And I don't think we're talking about a situation like "O... no one has been in here for a week".

There've been bars IA for months- I just think it would be interesting if the CLs could exercise some more authority to do something about it.
Report Post Tip
Yes but if someone had a business in a city were their family is controling, why can't they just donate not have to pay protection money for their own family.
Report Post Tip
That would be up to the Don. Which could be RP'd. Which is my point :)
Report Post Tip
I made a similar suggestion some time back, check here:

Business Ideas

Mikus rightly points out that this would give CL's power over ranking forums, which could be abused.
Report Post Tip
Any response on this idea?

I understand the argument, The_Jedi, I'm just not buying it.

What about a slight modification- only Godfathers can control the business district of their own city?

Again... if you think a Godfather might wack your thread... why set up your business in that city?

I just don't see the downside, and there's plenty of potential benefits.
Report Post Tip
i dont know how much a pain in the arse it would be but how bout like 50 bucks to post in a business and that way both the person running the business and the crew leader that auth the business would get paid it could be set up the crew leader gets a cut automaticly what ever % he or she sets up
Report Post Tip
Sorry about that.

I think that this is a good because inactive business look bad for the whole business district
Report Post Tip
Frank-Blazini steps up

'I co-sign MacLeod more control over the business district means the CLs are really running their city'.
Report Post Tip

Game Suggestions
Replying to: CLs and the Business District
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL