Get Timers Now!
X

May 07 - 15:34:44
Page:  1 
iPod Touch 2G (Jailbreak?!?) Started by: Phoenix on Feb 10, '09 07:33
Well well well. The day has finally come.... Kinda.

A release of the 2nd generation iPod touch is now out. Although, unlike the jailbreak for the 1G, this one is a little more complicated. It's not just a program that does it for you, Oh no, that would be to easy. This is a manual jailbreak.

Doing this can ruin your iPod. It also voids your warranty from apple.

------------------------------------------

The point being, I ran into a thread that explains how to do it. (This jailbreak was just released about a week ago) After reading the instructions, I realized "OH NO! THIS IS FOR THE MAC!"

I read quite a few comments on people with PC's who tried to do it after tweaking the software. Most of them fucked up there iPod.

Then I realized... I have an old Mac in my closet. It's not the best, but it'll do.

Right now I am currently downloading all the tools I need for this adventure. After that.... I'm gonna jailbreak my iPod.

I'll keep you guys posted.
Report Post Tip
Well, it seems that nobody is as excited about this as I am.

Instead of using my Mac, I decided to use my PC. I've located a tutorial from the actual "Dev team" (The people who created the jailbreak"

SO far I'm about 75% finished. There was a few spots I got hung up on but no real problems. So far everything is going exactly to plan.

I'll keep you updated.
Report Post Tip
ANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNND

IT WORKED!!!

WOOOOOO!!!

If any of you want to do this, and want some help, just let me know. I'll be more than happy to walk you through it!
Report Post Tip
i have an iphone, dunno if i can be arsed with this jailbreaking. what type of new apps does it give me?
Report Post Tip
Goose, it does wonders on in the way of applications.

No longer am I restricted on what I can do with it.

Plus, you can find apps for free with "Installous"

(Although it's piracy. ARRGHH!)
Report Post Tip

So, I guess the question now is..

Is this still possible? And with the new iPods too?!?!

We need answers!

Report Post Tip

whether it is possible or sensible?  I have my banking app on my iphone ---- jailbreaking it would make the iphone vulnerable and so i will continue paying my apple taxes.  

Howerver, i did jailbreak my iphone 3 a long time ago

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

NO Way, hell no!!

Waste 

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Topics Other Than The Game (AKA Outside)
Replying to: iPod Touch 2G (Jailbreak?!?)
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL