Get Timers Now!
X

May 02 - 16:21:17
Page:  1 
The Art Of The Reply Started by: Lobotomy on Feb 10, '09 21:47
As standards seem to be out the door on what people reply with I think it's time to do some good old fashioned BOOK LEARNIN' Yeah I've gone Southern on your collective asses.

Threads have always been a big part of this place, hell before the game part got incorporated it was just a forum, nowadays not so much. Looking through the streets I've notice barley any replies actually contribute something to the conversation. So as intelligence is sometimes hard to find heres a few guidelines to replying in threads. (Note: Use your brain, quality over quantity. That doesn't mean one line though[Unless Rourkey goes "Yer nan" on your ass])

1. READ the thread. Yes...I know...madness....ACTUALLY READ?! I am a crazy person but trust me. Read it, make sure you understand it then carry on to the next point.

2.Actually talk about said topic. Really...I am ripping out my hair at how they don't even talk about what was said...

3. Use spell check. Even my bloody cellphone has one, this is the internet...you have no excuse.

4. Make sure you don't sound like a raging babbling idiot. (I am sooo guilty of this :<)

5. Read again...honestly...it's a RPG....the only RP aspect is in the forums. At least make a bit of effort.

See 5 steps! It takes an extra two or three minutes to make sure you don't look like a jackass. Bit of effort....all I ask for...

:\
Report Post Tip

3. Use spell check. Even my bloody cellphone has one, this is the internet...you have no excuse.

And isn't it ironic... don't you think?
Report Post Tip
I am pleased to see Lobotomy is allowed a cellphone these days.
Report Post Tip
Only on IRC my dear depth :< Spell check wins.

Do they even have cellphones in Scotland?
Report Post Tip
Only on IRC? I'm talking about your use of "I've notice barley" up there for starters.
Report Post Tip
Indeed we do Lobotomy. Scotland is at the epicentre of cutting-edge technology.

But we call them Mobile Phones
Report Post Tip
But you are from Edinburgh which is the epicenter of AIDs. Much more fitting for you.
Report Post Tip
Perhaps he WAS talking about grains and how they impact or loosen up your fingers, tongues and minds (as well as other body function)

One never knows!
Report Post Tip
Only in Europe, my dear Lob
Report Post Tip
good 5 points, you should add a sixth, dont go around picking fights with people in fourms by being a smartass.. to much of that :D
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: The Art Of The Reply
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL