Get Timers Now!
X

May 20 - 16:42:22
Page:  1 
Why I Deserve A New Suit Started by: ProphetOfDoom on Oct 25, '07 13:49
A tall dark man approaches the stand to make his most grandiose speech yet. You recognize him as ProphetOfDoom. The world's most skillful avatar designer. Being as you know how good his speeches usually are you decide to waltz over to take a listen.

"My fellow Mafioso, I come before you today to declare why I am fit for the ultimate prestige in the ultimate contest of skill being held here in these very streets. Many of you know that which I speak of. So as is the design of the contest's creator I am here to tell you why I deserve that which I seek."

P.O.D. Straightens his back, and looks forward unto the crowd with the most serious face he has ever displayed in public.

"I'm not sure if everyone here knows who I am or what I stand for so before I begin describing my worth, let me tell you all about myself. I am a man of honor. A man who holds tight the teachings of our forefathers because their legacy is an everlasting testament to the ways we Mafioso should live."

P.O.D. pauses, taking in a strong breath of air while surveying the faces before him. He sees Rock_Lee in the crowd and smiles slightly.

"Honor, as I stated before, is my greatest true virtue. I am here to plead to my judges for the greatest honor one can attain in our world. I am here to tell you why I deserve to wear a bolder suit. While at the time of my telling you all this I am too young to wear such prideful large shoes, I think I will not be in this position much longer. I am a man of ideals, but I am also a man of action. I would do everything in my power to protect those under me and lead them to success."

"I have great dreams of becoming someone who this world will never forget. Someone who the children of our children's children will still be talking about. I'm not talking about just becoming someone that gives direction to a mass amount of people. I'm talking about becoming a LEGEND. My winning of this contest will be my first step to the great prestige of this dream. I want all of this because I want to show the world that even the little guy can rise up to the top as long as he follows the four pillars and gives respect where it is due."

"For many, power corrupts. I assure that no matter how much power tries to corrupt me I will not let it and will remain truthful to everything I stand by today. I will use the four pillars to hold up myself and all subordinates who choose to follow my ways I set forth. Thank you for lending me your ears."

P.O.D. Bows to show his respect to his audience then slowly steps off the stand where he just gave his fantastic speech.
Report Post Tip
Anne Robinson listens carefully to this declaration before interrupting.

Ohh I see. Well that's not what your peers seem to think, is it Andrew?

"No Anne, it's not, he deserves to go"

ProphetOfDoom, you are the weakest link, goodbye.
Report Post Tip
lolol
Report Post Tip
I'm glad you think I am weak. It will only make my strength more surprising. :P

Task is completed. I am going to win this contest.
Report Post Tip
"I am here to plead to my judges for the greatest honor one can attain in our world."

Anyone who needs to plead for someones approval to achieve auth is someone who should not receive it.

You need too be chosen for your merits, not for your skills at begging.
Report Post Tip
I really hope that this is for the contest. Cause i for one hope that you don't actually thing you get auth by asking for it in the streets.
Report Post Tip
Of course it is for the contest. :P I'm not a retard. I've been here long enough to see how things work. ;)

And I am not really begging, I'm just trying to get the judges to see why I am the best choice and why I should win :D
Report Post Tip
I suppose this is a good time to apologize for my earlier criticism of this contest, and say things such as:

I was too quick to judge. I didn't give it time to develop properly, and I jumped to a conclusion without seeing where the whole thing was headed. I'm sorry.

I was an arrogant, insensitive, self-assured bastard. I'm not sorry. Face it, that's why you love me.

And that's straight from the heart.

Except the part about me being wrong. I mean... look at this.

Oh, and the part about me being sorry was bullshit too. C'mon, it's me.
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Why I Deserve A New Suit
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL