Get Timers Now!
X

May 20 - 20:42:53
Page:  1 
New Auth: Philly- Sacra Corona Unita Started by: Oliver_McTavish on Oct 25, '07 16:25
Stepping onto the streets from his headquarters, Oliver hops up quickly onto a nearby raised curb. With a sharp whistle he gains the attention of a few passerby.

I hope you all are having a pleasant day, ladies and gentlemen. If I could borrow a few moments of your time, I have an announcement to make. Today, my friends, I have the pleasure to announce a newly authorized Crew Leader.

In light of more recent events we are left with yet another empty city upon our hands. The other Family Heads and I wish to fill these cities- not quickly, but with those whom we think will be best for the job. As for the city of Philadelphia, I believe we have found this candidate.

Before his untimely demise, SingWhenYoureWinning spoke often about wanting to give this person their shot to don the bold suit, claiming he was twice the man he was, and had the potential to become an amazing leader. Having come to known this individual myself, I have no hesitation in honoring the late Sing's final wishes. This man is indeed, twice the man that I could hope to be, and has the potential to be a great leader of our world.

The man you will see set up shortly is a man that I have found is extremely-level headed. He never hesitates to offer his opinion when asked for it, and is among one of the most honest men I have had the opportunity to work with in this world- a rare quality to come by, believe you me. I have every faith that he can take the recent tragedy of Philly and help the city build anew.

Congrats, Polpot. I wish you all the best with your new family, Sacra Corona Unita. If ever you are in need of help, you may always turn to me.
Report Post Tip
congrats polpot
Report Post Tip
Hello all. I am Polpot. Some of you already know me. Others will get to know me as time passes. I am here to announce the re-formation of the Sacra Corona Unita, a family that existed in our world many years ago. The SCU was led by AnthonyLaPaglia, my great-great grandfather, and was based out of New York at the time.

First, I want to thank Oliver for the introduction. Many thanks go to the Badass clan for providing me with safe haven overnight. I do wish this could have been done under different cirumstances, but that is the way of life. One door closes, and another opens. Now onto my brief introduction.

I do not believe in making windy speeches just to sound intelligent, so I will try to keep this brief. I am sure I will be coming to the streets and the IRC coffee shops to make many more of these, so why blow my whole load at the beginning?

Anyways, I want to ensure the fine people of this world that I believe in peace above all else. I believe in profits, which means I run my family like a business. If business goes bad, then the ways of La Cosa Nostra come in handy, because they can be dealt with immediately. However, I prefer things not get that far, because any disturbance in the way the business is run means a loss in profits. This means somebody failed at their job. Needless to say, I believe in sit-downs and communication before open war. We must strive to ensure the existence and safety of our families, and though I am in Philly, I will do everything I can to ensure the success of the other families in the six cities. War is a bother that cuts into progress, and I believe that we must all work together to make sure our world is one of wealth and peace.

Please do not misunderstand. I do think war has its place. War is sometimes unavoidable. In those times, my family will do what we can to assist. However, I promise today, on these streets, that I will never be the one to start a war. Too many have died the past couple of weeks because of communication break downs. That is not to say some of the wars were not warranted, but no war begins because of simple black and white issues such as one side is right and the other is wrong.

This is my philosophy. This is the way my ancestors led their families, and this is the way I will lead mine. I urge you all to not hesitate to drop me a line sometime. I am an open book, and love a good conversation.
Report Post Tip
My most heartfelt congratulations Polpot, I look eagerly toward the future.

Ollie, you have my undying respect. To have come out here with this auth, in spite of recent occurences, shows your character.

That's about all I have to say for now.
Report Post Tip
Congratulations Polpot. I'm so very happy for you. I wish you the best of luck in Philadelphia.
Report Post Tip
I just wanted to thank everyone for the support they have offered so far, and I hope to work in conjunction with the other leaders to bring about positive change in our world. Though none of us can forecast what the future holds, I believe that with the current stock of leaders, we will see a prolonged period of peace and prosperity. I am proud to say that I will be a part of that.
Report Post Tip
Ahhhhhhh the killing fields

Many congrats Polpot, SWYW would be very proud.
Report Post Tip
I can't help but wonder why every leader that sets up looks to change things... generally speaking things haven't changed around here for generations (literally, years and years) what makes people think that they will change anything but the most superficial aspects of our world?

Best of luck trying, and all that, I just don't fancy your chances much.
Report Post Tip
The change I am speaking of is something that has existed before, and can exist again. A relative peace that sees leaders working together means more wealth for everyone. This change only requires leaders to have loose alliances and working relationships with one another, and believe it or not, we are all work pretty well together. Pessimism and paranoia only breeds fear and evnetually leads to instability, something I personally would like to see avoided.
Report Post Tip
congrats polpot, very well spoken.
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: New Auth: Philly- Sacra Corona Unita
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL