Get Timers Now!
X

May 10 - 15:59:46
Game Suggestions
0 Watchers
Page:  1 
DFP... stuff Started by: RasAlGhul on Jul 08, '14 15:12
Well, as most of you know DFP's are very hard to come by these days. And when you drop out of a crew, you lose it. Well, I'm not exactly sure how it works with transferring (say someone got GF and had to transfer their members over to their new auth,) but I'm pretty sure you lose it then too.

So here's what I am proposing. Allow folks to keep their DFPs upon buying out, getting dropped, or being transferred from a crew. BUT, not for free. I think for a large enough bribe, the Bureau of Narcotics could be persuaded to let an unsponsored Mobster keep up their Drug Front Property.

Now most of the time, someone isn't unsponsored for very long before they get into a crew, set up their own crew (whether rogueing or via auth), or wind up Swimmin' with da fishes. That being said, I think that a $250,000 fee every 2 hours of being unsponsored with a DFP should be enough to bribe them into letting you keep it.

The reason for this is simple... Like I said previously, getting a DFP is hard enough as is. If someone spends $4,000,000 + on one, they're all happy and joyjoy right? Because this means that they now have a daily consistent income to help with their cost of living. BUT, what happens if say... A day later, their crew gets moved, or they get authed, or their leader dies? Now they just spent a ton of capital on an investment they're going to see virtually no return on. Kind of off-putting, no?

Right, well. Yeah. So basically TLDR version; you buy a DFP and you are at risk of losing it due to CL death, transferring, or dropping out. SAVING GRACE - $250,000 every 2 hours keeps you from losing it, and gives you time to get into a new crew.
Report Post Tip

Currently you don't lose your DFP when leaving a crew, only when you join another crew, are transferred or start a new crew and you move to a new district or city as a result. 

Report Post Tip

Quick clarification, started a new crew does not take your DFP. The action of MOVING your crew will lose all of your crews DFPs.

Report Post Tip

Kind of off-putting, no?

Not really, No. It's a risk, you buy a DFP because you want the cash associated with it. You must have a risk for such high reward, we can possibly sit and out think every scenario where someone might lose some cash because of it. The fact remains that people losing cash is needed, but it very seldom happens. So in my opinion its actually a good thing.

Everyone wants a DFP, very few have one. Trying to circumvent any scenario where one is lost will only make that problem even bigger than it already is.

Report Post Tip

Game Suggestions
Replying to: DFP... stuff
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL