Get Timers Now!
X

May 20 - 15:51:34
Page:  1 
The Community Started by: Jay-C on Oct 25, '07 19:46
This here is our Community, all of it, every last nook and cranny of this is our Community. But how many people exactly get a say it in? What goes on, what happens to it, what decisions are to be made. Out of the vast amount of people here, only a very small percentage do. I can tell you that.

So, here's what I say. Imagine this, you get the chair for one day, the position of one of the higher people in society, and you get to call the shots, you get to decide what happens, and what people do. But, what would you exactly do?

I believe this to be a complex question which will need some thought. I can start by telling you my views;

For a start, I would make it compulsory for one city to have 1 CL at maximum at any one time. Which means only 6 CL's would be aloud to set up at one time. Along with this, when 1 CL dies, their RHM gets complete priority over everyone else to set up in the empty city, if he wishes, to continue on the previous family for those who were left unsponsored because of the CL's death.

I would also make sure each CL managed their city well, including the bar district being active and run properly. With activity happening every day. I would try to get the cities equaled out on population. Instead of LV and LA being next to empty, and Philly and New Orleans being a considerable amount fuller. It would be good to see some balance.

Well, that being said, that's what I think. I now give the position to you.

What would you do?

NOTE: This is for fun only, and to hear your views. You don't get the position anywhere else outside this thread. Thankyou.
Report Post Tip
First off, this isn't a community. These are separate cities, each with different ruling families. I am not in the same community as a family based out of a city 3000 miles away.

There is also a major flaw in your plan regarding the RHM taking control after a CL dies. Wouldn't the RHM die along with him? He would, if he was warring a family that I controlled. Even if he was somehow spared out of some miraculous show of sympathy, the problems that resulted in the former leader's death would likely carry over to the RHM's family, assuming the former CL was killed for a good reason.

Anyhow, to answer your question, I would run things like the mafia runs things. That should make sense, considering we are actually in the mafia. Nevertheless, it's a concept that seems to escape many people.
Report Post Tip
Jay-C i've noticed you talk a lot about what you would do as a CL. And then you start this thread about the WHOLE community, but you only speak about being a CL. What about the other aspects?

How would you promote street presence? How would increase activity in the bar districts? What would you do to make it easier for interaction within and outside of the crew? I mean sure you said you'd make it better but how? And how do you plan on controlling city population?
Report Post Tip
All I was asking was how you would run thing. I'm trying to promote street presence right now. Trying to get a little (OOC) RP involved.

But instead of answering the question, You cut me down, and criticize me instead.

Thanks for your support mate.
Report Post Tip
Jay,

firstly, I commend you for actually trying to bring some debate to the streets. you're showing initiative thats sadly lacking (and if you're an old hand I apologize for the condesension).

However, what you 'would' 'could' or 'should' do is within each and every one of our remits.

A word to the wise, never show your hand early.
Report Post Tip
Controlling city population would be very hard, I realize that. As for the other things, street presence, bar activity.

I would try to get together with the other CL's, and ask them to make a bar in the city the control over, and ask the family/crew to post in it, so it draws people to each city, which, in turn, would hopefully control the flow of city population.

Street presence, I would try my best to make regular street thread, like this one, to get people involved with each other, and speaking to each other.

I hope that answers the questions I left unanswered. Sorry.
Report Post Tip
Zebeedee. I'm not writing this to try to show the CL's how great or, in my case, not great I would be as a CL. I was merely doing it to promote street presence, as I said before.

If it came across that way. I apologize, but it wasn't intentional.
Report Post Tip
I'd like to cut off your tongue.
Report Post Tip
Most of what you'd do as a leader depends entirely on the circumstances and how the world always is. I don't think it's possible to stand up and say what you'd do and how you'd do it, other than simply generalise...Me? I'd like to think I'd do something different to what's been seen. Something to make people stop and think, "Hey, this guys pretty good", you know? Make a name for myself.

...quite how I'd do that, who knows, depends on the lay of the land...and of course, if I ever get there!

Incidently, ignore those who have nothing better to do than bash you for trying to start conversation. For ever one, there's countless others who do appreciate it, it's just that the minority are aften the easiest to be heard.
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: The Community
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL