Get Timers Now!
X

May 13 - 21:13:23
Game Suggestions
0 Watchers
Page:  1 
Regarding Cities and Territory Started by: The_Sicilian on Feb 16, '09 19:16
You know I'm all interested in this game, and the cities seem pretty good for the U.S., but what about a possible appearance of Palermo, Napoli and Catania into the game? Even Reggio di Calabria or something. These are all the birthplaces of different Mafia groups. Also, what if we were able to setup maps of the cities we ruled and were able to establish a territory over the city if there was more than one family. This game doesn't have nearly enough of the crimes to commit that the Mafia actually has i.e. major extortion, gambling, loan sharking or even union corruption. This would probably help keep some players motivated longer to give them something else to work for within their gang instead of just achieving a higher rank.
Report Post Tip
This game is about the US Mafia, not the world Mafia... It is based near the end of prohibition in the US.

As for crimes, it's a role playing game, not full of buttons to distract people from that. Future versions will have different crimes, this is a beta version. Crimes are supposed to be something done in between role playing and being active within the community. People can work for respect as well. They can work to become "known" within their family and within the community.
Report Post Tip
Gotta say i agree with the_sicilian that there should be other citys
Report Post Tip
It's not really much work in regards to the role playing, all it really consists of are some jobs here and there and some announcements and debates for the most part. The thing is the important economic portion is done via "buttons" and so it would probably give the game a more mafia feel if there were crimes like extortion and such. As for the Mafia in the US, had it not started in Sicily, there never would have been one in the U.S.
Report Post Tip
yeah, but that's not the point.

it's not where you're from, it's where you're at.

i.e. we may have come from Sicily but we're in the US at the moment I think is what Angel is getting at.

forgive me if I'm wrong.

-Qwerky
Report Post Tip
Yeah but you have all of these different groups right now and the cities seem to be very congested already with control. More groups could be formed with the addition of new cities.
Report Post Tip
Well i dont know about you guys but i like it with more Familys more realist
Report Post Tip

Game Suggestions
Replying to: Regarding Cities and Territory
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL